Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 96 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012

(Read 13961 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #120 on: October 26, 2012, 03:07 PM »

Berdych is one arrogant fellow who I have started hating.
At least before , I quite used to like him..
Who won the replay for that point by the way?

Berdych. But at the end, it didn't matter as Andy progressed to the final. AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE FINAL
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #121 on: October 26, 2012, 03:14 PM »

It's best of 3 throughout tj with 6 days of round robin matches [divided into 2 groups] then SF Sunday and F Monday.  Do hope you're feeling better by the time it starts.  My only wariness re smugfed is that he does play his best indoors.  If Andy is in same group as Birdy he'll have to play him at least once [and twice if both get to final].  And it's not a case of getting rid of in the round robin format.   The best 2 from each group go forward to SFs and sometimes it's v complicated as can come down to games won.  I remember 3 years ago Andy didn't know until last minute almost whether he was in SFs - he wasn't.

I'm pretty sure Andy's qualification for the SF that year hinged on the Fed/Delpo match.  Some of us were convinced that Fed threw one or two service games just to make sure that Delpo went through instead of Andy!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #122 on: October 26, 2012, 03:19 PM »

I'm pretty sure Andy's qualification for the SF that year hinged on the Fed/Delpo match.  Some of us were convinced that Fed threw one or two service games just to make sure that Delpo went through instead of Andy!

Alis, that has been a convincing rumour that has spread around the tennis and supporters fraternity since that day. Actually, I was there and I was utterly sure.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #123 on: October 26, 2012, 03:32 PM »

Didn't Fed say something like 'That puts you through doesn't it?' or words to that effect to Delpo at the net??
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #124 on: October 26, 2012, 04:46 PM »

The  O2 is v complicated They take the top 8 players in the race and divide into two.A is the top 4 and B is the rest Then 2 players are taken from A and put with 2 from B and ditto the rest
 Then within each group they all play each other getting 200 points for each win Then the top 4 players go forward to a sudden death semi final and final
I hope that helps if not just let it flow over you and it will all become clear.
 I'm just hoping Andy will be able to play after the disappointment of last year
 There are masses of points and loads of cash awarded to the victorious semi finalist and of course the winner but hopefully someone else can say what these are I can't find the info 
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #125 on: October 26, 2012, 04:56 PM »

Found all the details on the APT website for London O2 The semi finalists get 400 points and the winner gets 500 If the winner is undefeated throughout  he gets 1500 points  You'll need your calculators for this tournament unless you are a wizz at Maths.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #126 on: October 26, 2012, 05:08 PM »

Berdych. But at the end, it didn't matter as Andy progressed to the final. AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THE FINAL

Hmmm...didn't deserve that point though.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #127 on: October 26, 2012, 05:40 PM »

Furthermore if two players have the same no of points after the first stage of the round robin is completed then they count the no of games the players have won and if there is still a tie, the no of points. It was at this stage ,I think that Murray lost and did'nt get a place in the semi finals two years ago.  I also recall that even the comms could'nt work it out and it was Andy himself who explained.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #128 on: October 26, 2012, 08:12 PM »

Yes it is so complicated. Just wish it was a bit easier to understand. I think you would have to be a mathematical genius to work it out.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #129 on: October 27, 2012, 11:01 AM »

Why do people hate Berdych so much?

Because he's a cretin.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #130 on: October 27, 2012, 11:22 AM »

^I thought he was a Czech?

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #131 on: October 27, 2012, 01:21 PM »

Yes a Czech that will bounce.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #132 on: October 27, 2012, 02:29 PM »

Liking that L.B. Smile
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #133 on: October 27, 2012, 07:21 PM »

When you look at his face a blank Czech I'd say
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #134 on: October 28, 2012, 07:56 AM »

Oh lordy, Bird Brain now trumping Fried Fish Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »