Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 96 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012

(Read 16557 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1320 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22 PM »

Feds got a lot of points to defend next year no chance.
People said that last year and look what happened. Fact is he's still competing and beating the top guys and still very capable of winning more Slams next year. His H2H against the top guys in 2012 has been quite even. It would be very silly to rule him out.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1321 on: November 12, 2012, 11:24 PM »

Seriously, next year is going to be exciting. Andy will rest up for a while now and come back stronger. 2012 was awesome, but next year he will be better, more accustomed to winning majors, more used to the position that puts him in. I've been around here long enough (just) to know some feared a slip down the rankings this year. Instead, Andy won gold and silver at the Olympics before getting that elusive first major, beating Djokovic on a hard court over five gruelling sets. It still chokes me up to remember that night, not to mention that wonderful 9 days at the Olympics and that stunning performance in the final against that Swiss bloke.

Andy has made a number of changes to his game this year. They made the difference, they will continue to get even better as Andy grows in confidence. Andy will only get better in my view.

Next year I am in no doubt that Andy will be challenging for that top spot in the rankings. Will he get there? We'll see, but he'll fight for it, no doubt. It won't be easy, but when has it ever been? If it was easy it wouldn't be half as much fun!

Genuine congrats to Novak for what he has done this year again. They can all have their moments, but Djokovic, like our Andy, is basically one of the good guys if you ask me. However, Andy is on the way up, make no mistake about that.

I feel sure that Andy will get his back sorted out now and then be back stronger than ever next year. By this time next year I reckon Andy and Novak will be 1 and 2 in the world, and it will be brilliant.

Good posting!

I don't know about you guys,but I can't wait for January.I'm so excited to see Andy come back,refreshed from his holiday,hopefully with his back fully sorted,the confidence from the USO  ingrained in him (When he FINALLY gets the trophy I hope he picks it up and doesn't put it down again until he's in no danger of doubting his achievements ever again!) and the first proper training block with Ivan under his belt!I really think those things,combined with Andy's own talent,skills and ambitions,mean we could well be celebrating another GS win come Jan.And even if not quite then-I'm in no doubt we're in for a hell of a year!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1322 on: November 12, 2012, 11:25 PM »

Yeah that's only bad thing, Novak will have a greater points advantage on Andy now.

For now my dear, for now. Good things come to those who wait, like Olympic gold medals, first majors and Federer's retirement.

I'm off now. I guess the exhibition event Andy is taking part in during December won't be shown anywhere, will it? What are we to do! I'll get Andy withdrawals and that is never pretty!

Have a good off season folks. Be good Andy, have a rest, look after yourself before that training block. I want you fit for January. Brisbane is one thing, but roll on the AO!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1323 on: November 12, 2012, 11:25 PM »

Hummm as much as i think Andy had a breakthrough year, career defining and all that, i have to go with Novak as player of the year now

And yes, Fed is teary eyed
Without a doubt. One Slam, two finals, WTF, a fair few Masters and undisputed #1.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1324 on: November 12, 2012, 11:42 PM »

For now my dear, for now. Good things come to those who wait, like Olympic gold medals, first majors and Federer's retirement.

Don't want Fed to retire yet. Novak has to beat him four more times. Then Fed will retire with a losing record against his three biggest rivals.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1325 on: November 12, 2012, 11:43 PM »

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1326 on: November 12, 2012, 11:51 PM »

Justice is so worth it. And revenge is so sweet. Nole is undoubtedly the best player in the world right now.

Sayonara, Federer. Perhaps see you never?

IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1327 on: November 12, 2012, 11:58 PM »

Fed started strong, then this happened

IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1328 on: November 13, 2012, 12:02 AM »

omg,  lmao that is so utterly silly...
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1329 on: November 13, 2012, 12:06 AM »

Fed started strong, then this happened

What the hell. lmao
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1330 on: November 13, 2012, 12:11 AM »

I am so glad tennis is officially over for me. I was so mentally drained after the USO that a nice vacation in between couldn't get me back to the right mindset. The year felt really, really long and I spent a lot of time and most of my vacation time just supporting Andy. But I strongly felt it had to be this year so I didn't mind it. Now we can all sit back and reflect on things and get ready for next year. Andy so desperately needs this break God knows.

Nole should be very proud that he followed up his year quite nicely. Federer did very well too but with Nadal coming back next year, who happens to be his biggest nemesis, his chances of winning the big ones will decline considerably. He has now Nole, Andy, Nadal, Berdych, Del Potro to deal with and that's a pretty big and strong line-up. He'll think about things.

All's well that ends well and it ended very well for both Andy and Nole.
IP Logged
caroline
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1331 on: November 13, 2012, 12:19 AM »

Its been a terrible year for all of the guys outside of the top four as they've won all the big ones.Except for Daved Ferrer who won the PM 1000.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1332 on: November 13, 2012, 12:28 AM »

All the surfaces are now playing all the same. I have never seen this court being this slow. It's shocking when you go a few years back. In the 90s, it was crazy fast and that was something of a treat.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean November 13, 2012, 12:32 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1333 on: November 13, 2012, 12:38 AM »

Its been a terrible year for all of the guys outside of the top four as they've won all the big ones.Except for Daved Ferrer who won the PM 1000.
Not really. It was the same in 2011. Every player has different standards and different objectives. For some players simply breaking the top 100 will mean a good year. I'm sure Del Potro will see it as a big year for instance, despite his best achievement being a single 500.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1334 on: November 13, 2012, 01:14 AM »

It's been a great year of Tennis though.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 88 [89] 90 91 92 ... 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »