Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 96 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012

(Read 15301 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #135 on: October 28, 2012, 10:42 AM »

When you look at his face a blank Czech I'd say

Now why didn't I say that lol.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #136 on: October 28, 2012, 12:03 PM »

It was the afternoon one Johnny but I don't think you can read anything into it in terms of predicting what might happen this year.  Remember it's a weekend so the afternoon/evening distinction doesn't mean so much for the tv people and when you're there it all feels like a night match anyway.
fair point, thank you. Cant believe the finals on a monday this year..
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #137 on: October 29, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Cant believe the finals on a monday this year..

I guess it can't be helped what with it being an eight day tournament coming the day after Paris.  Is it an evening match?
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #138 on: October 29, 2012, 06:37 PM »

Cant believe the finals on a monday this year..

Does that actually matter?
I never knew finals were on specific days and stuff like that...always thought it will differ every year.
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #139 on: October 29, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Does that actually matter?
I never knew finals were on specific days and stuff like that...always thought it will differ every year.
Well I guess not..just makes it a bit more awkward for people who arent local to attend...especially if you hold down a full time job
I guess it can't be helped what with it being an eight day tournament coming the day after Paris.  Is it an evening match?
Yess fair point...yeah its on the evening.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #140 on: October 29, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Well I guess not..just makes it a bit more awkward for people who arent local to attend...especially if you hold down a full time jobYess I suppose...

Yeah, that is bad..
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #141 on: October 30, 2012, 03:46 PM »

...just makes it a bit more awkward for people who arent local to attend...

I always choose matches at the start of the tournie for that reason.  We go to three consecutive sessions and just keep our fingers crossed for Muzza.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #142 on: October 31, 2012, 11:33 AM »

Watching with interest what's happening in the doubles in Paris and who will play at  WTF. Stepanek (already qualified) pulled out of the singles with a knee injury. Linstedt & Tecau (also qualified) have just retired from their match.

I expect they'll all be fighting fit for next week but if not....Colin & Ross are in 2nd alternate position at the moment (and can't catch up Bhup & Bop who are 1st).

I still think it's weird that Marray & Nielsen get a place when they've hardly even played together except for Wimbledon and are at no 11 in the rankings. But rules are rules I suppose.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #143 on: November 01, 2012, 04:10 PM »

I think I am right in saying that Marray & Neilsen beat the Bryant brothers in Paris today.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #144 on: November 01, 2012, 04:53 PM »

I think I am right in saying that Marray & Neilsen beat the Bryant brothers in Paris today.

Marray is playing with Paul Hanley this week - and they beat the Bryans
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #145 on: November 01, 2012, 08:36 PM »

Was just looking at the TV schedules and thinking I would miss this with work even though it's on the BBC and now I've remembered I'm off work on Thursday afternoon and all day Friday. So happy!  yay

Am I right in thinking there are also evening sessions? Does anyone know if they will be shown on the red button on Freeview? 

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #146 on: November 01, 2012, 10:21 PM »

scotjules if I remember rightly bbc only shows the afternoon sessions; to see the evening ones you need Sky [or I imagine on online probably on bbc website]  But I don't think on red button.  I seem to remember the bbc studio there is dark in the evening.
IP Logged
scotjules
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #147 on: November 02, 2012, 06:23 PM »

Ah well at least I'll get to see some of it regardless! Thanks Ruthie for the info.

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #148 on: November 04, 2012, 12:56 PM »

I did not know the draw as have been sleeping a lot. My husband told me the draw I could'nt believe it. My god Mr Smug comes out of it smelling of roses. Looks like Andy has a hard draw looking forward to Monday hope Andy has a good match.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #149 on: November 05, 2012, 08:54 PM »

Bit of a tasty match between Nole and Jo.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »