Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 96 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012

(Read 14301 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #15 on: October 04, 2012, 10:43 AM »

One of my clients has a current contract with Barclays Bank

Hope you're still going to Ibrox, squire!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #16 on: October 04, 2012, 10:46 AM »

Hope you're still going to Ibrox, squire!

Don't be mean! Gave up my season tickets, but will reapply in 3 years when they get back to the premier division
[ Last edit by OldScotSupport October 04, 2012, 10:52 AM ] IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 10:47 AM »

Do Barclays need a freelance copywriter?

I'll ask, but don't hold your breath
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 11:28 AM »

The main expense will always be getting there. If I rock up at the train station on the day, it's about £300 return for me. Even this far out, I'd be looking at £100, maybe £150.

I'm in that boat too.  It's a pain not being able to do stuff on the spur of the moment.  My job also contributes to that.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 03:56 PM »

Trains to London from here are quite cheap, especially with a rail card as well.

What would be the best day to go to have the best chance of seeing Andy? I never pay attention to how WTF works, is it one match in the morning and one in the afternoon? If so then I guess it's completely random.

Ideally I'd like to see the semi-finals but not sure how easy it would be to get tickets for then.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 04:29 PM »

I'm going Very Happy on the Saturday.     Can't wait.    any1 know what tie is on the Saturday?    Think
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 06:33 PM »

has anyone had their tickets yet?  I seem to remember in last 2 years getting them more than a month in advance.
We won't know who is playing which day until just before jk when they announce the two groups and which group is playing first.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Me! Me! Me!
..oh dammit. I need a flight.  doh

roflmao

Same case here!!
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 08:21 PM »

Look up Daily Mirror news.  Tickets for £16 with fees for all days
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #24 on: October 08, 2012, 09:08 AM »

I'd love to go to the WTF, but got no one to take me. I don't think my brother would relish hours of tennis.

Apparently the ticket sales went mad after Andy won the USO, so hopefully he'll play in front of supportive crowds.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #25 on: October 08, 2012, 09:57 AM »

Ah my mate's let me down. Was originally quite keen but then booked a three day trip to London for the same week with his girlfriend, so now isn't so fussed about going down on the Monday as well. No-one else really to ask and don't really fancy going on my own. Oh well.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #26 on: October 08, 2012, 12:33 PM »

Trains to London from here are quite cheap, especially with a rail card as well.

What would be the best day to go to have the best chance of seeing Andy? I never pay attention to how WTF works, is it one match in the morning and one in the afternoon? If so then I guess it's completely random.

Ideally I'd like to see the semi-finals but not sure how easy it would be to get tickets for then.

There is an afternoon session and an evening session each day MH.  Each consists of a doubles match followed by a singles match.  No telling who will be playing when in the Round Robin stages though.  We went two years ago and it was well worth the effort - wish we could go again this year!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #27 on: October 08, 2012, 01:49 PM »

@TMH
I've been on my own and people are really friendly and are happy to chat.
Last year found myself sitting next to a big  Andy fan. Result.
Am going 4 times and think I'll be on my own for at least a couple of sessions. Doesn't matter.
Andy better turn up this year, is all  naughty
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #28 on: October 08, 2012, 01:53 PM »

Does anyone know where this tournament goes next year? I think that this year is the last time it will be in the UK  so if you can go, do it and please may Murray win and end the season in glory
  Duty stops me going but I'll be glued to the TV.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #29 on: October 08, 2012, 02:33 PM »

Doesn't it have one more year in London after this year?  I think the players like having it here - they are very well looked after and it is very easy to get to from wherever in the world they are based - although I think they are all likely to be Europeans this year aren't they?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »