Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 96 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012

(Read 14117 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #45 on: October 12, 2012, 01:13 PM »

Can't find cheap enough travel and I'm having trouble convincing my parents to help me out *sigh*.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #46 on: October 12, 2012, 04:27 PM »

Cheer up Prodigy You either have lashings of time and no money or vice versa Life is tough Perhaps you'll be able to go another year
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #47 on: October 12, 2012, 04:39 PM »

Yeah next year is my aim, also hoping to go to French Open and Wimbledon next year too, although if things are going well if in the job (if I get it), I will possibly save to go to the US Open..
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #48 on: October 12, 2012, 08:04 PM »

They say don't die regretting the things you haven't done.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #49 on: October 15, 2012, 02:29 PM »

Announced today -

Ferrer, Marray/Nielsen Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals

Spaniard David Ferrer and Wimbledon doubles champions Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen have qualified for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, to be held at The O2 in London from 5-12 November, leaving just three singles and three doubles berths up for grabs with three weeks remaining in the regular ATP World Tour season.

Full story & lists of remaining contenders - http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/10/Features/London-Finals-Ferrer-Marray-Nielsen-Qualify.aspx

I'm not sure how Marray/Nielsen have managed to qualify given that their ranking is No.10
[ Last edit by Aileen October 15, 2012, 02:34 PM ] IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #50 on: October 15, 2012, 02:31 PM »

Announced today -

Ferrer, Marray/Nielsen Qualify For Barclays ATP World Tour Finals

Spaniard David Ferrer and Wimbledon doubles champions Jonathan Marray and Frederik Nielsen have qualified for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals, to be held at The O2 in London from 5-12 November, leaving just three singles and three doubles berths up for grabs with three weeks remaining in the regular ATP World Tour season.

Full story - http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/10/Features/London-Finals-Ferrer-Marray-Nielsen-Qualify.aspx

Thanks Ail. I think it is gonna be a close call between Tsonga and Tipsarevic...
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #51 on: October 15, 2012, 02:39 PM »

Marray and Nielsen got a wildcard into the event.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #52 on: October 15, 2012, 02:47 PM »

Thanks Ail. I think it is gonna be a close call between Tsonga and Tipsarevic...
Berdych is virtually a certainty - and it'll be interesting to see if Nadal does decide to play.  Also I wonder about Delpo's current fitness given that he recently injured the wrist he seriously damaged two years ago.

Marray and Nielsen got a wildcard into the event.
Thanks.  I didn't know that could happen as I thought qualification for the WTF was based soley on YTD points.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #53 on: October 15, 2012, 04:31 PM »

Really glad Marray's got in. He'll get a tremendous reception.
Hope I see him Fingers crossed
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #54 on: October 15, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Marray and Neilsen got in due to winning one of this year's grand slam titles and finishing in the top 20 of the team rankings. That is the lesser known rule about the doubles qualification.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #55 on: October 15, 2012, 06:16 PM »

Still got my fingers crossed for Colin and Ross - even if they just get an Alternate space you never know what might happen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #56 on: October 15, 2012, 06:59 PM »

Marray and Neilsen got in due to winning one of this year's grand slam titles and finishing in the top 20 of the team rankings. That is the lesser known rule about the doubles qualification.
Thanks Allan.

Still got my fingers crossed for Colin and Ross - even if they just get an Alternate space you never know what might happen.
That really would be great and another positive for British tennis this year.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #57 on: October 16, 2012, 06:52 PM »

Good news that Delpo is back in the running for the O2 -

World No. 7 Juan Martin Del Potro makes his return to action this week at the Erste Bank Open. On Monday, the top seed enjoyed a ride on Vienna’s famous giant wheel, together with his coach Franco Davin and tournament director Herwig Straka.

The 24-year-old del Potro reached the final on his second appearance at this ATP World Tour 250 indoor hard court tournament last year, finishing runner-up to Jo-Wilfried Tsonga.

"Before coming here I was home in Argentina recovering and getting ready to come back," said del Potro. "It feels great to be back in Vienna and I enjoyed the visit to the Prater. It’s nice to see something of this beautiful city. The view from up there [the giant wheel] is great and makes me want to see more. I will go for a walk in the city this week for sure."

Del Potro is looking to press his claim in the race to qualify for the Barclays ATP World Tour Finals. With three places remaining at the year-end championships, the Tandil native is currently seventh in the South African Airways ATP Rankings Race To London.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/10/42/Vienna-Monday-Del-Potro-Wheel-Visit.aspx

IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #58 on: October 18, 2012, 11:11 AM »

Here's one for all the compers out there:

http://www.classicfm.com/win/win-vip-package-barclays-atp-world-tour-finals/?cmpid=E.Classic_Notes_Newsletter_(12.10.17)%20(1)&CMP=EMC-SP
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #59 on: October 18, 2012, 07:29 PM »

How typical of these sort of things - ask questions the answers to which are blindingly obvious to all but the very thickest, and if they aren't they can easily look them up.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »