Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 96 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012

(Read 16574 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #75 on: October 22, 2012, 05:15 PM »

Thanx folks. I'm going to 4 sessions but staying with friends so it cuts the cost down and anyway, makes the whole thing even more enjoyable.
But...had a query on one of my tickets and rang up, only to get a pre-recorded message from Mr Federer himself yuk
Why, just why?  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #76 on: October 22, 2012, 05:29 PM »

Valid point Aileen, but maybe he wants soem game time other than just an exhibition in Dubai. We know how competitive Nadal is, and how much it meant to him after working so hard to get to World Number 1. Maybe he's wary of the fact Andy will probably be more of a threat on Clay next year due to Lendl's training advise, and he'll want to stay well in touch with the others in regards to ranking points.
Well the last I heard anything about it was that Uncle Toni wanted him to play but that Nadal didn't in order to make sure that he really is 100% fighting fit for next season, so there might be a battle of wills here.

Speaking as one whose going: Oh joy Berdych yuk
My tickets arrived today yay
Yes but watching Andy should make up for that and if he plays B and beats him again that would be wonderful. Smile

But...had a query on one of my tickets and rang up, only to get a pre-recorded message from Mr Federer himself yuk
Why, just why?  Rolling Eyes
Maybe he's had to resort to making pre-recorded messages in order to supplement his income.  Whistle
[ Last edit by Aileen October 22, 2012, 05:36 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #77 on: October 22, 2012, 06:05 PM »

Oh yeh that man must be worth a fortune. I wish he would retire.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #78 on: October 22, 2012, 06:32 PM »

He's reckoned to be worth about $200m (roughly £125m) - and that's only an estimated figure.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #79 on: October 22, 2012, 07:44 PM »

He's reckoned to be worth about $200m (roughly £125m) - and that's only an estimated figure.
200 million dollars equate to 124789400.0000 British pounds sterling. yes(not estimated)
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #80 on: October 22, 2012, 07:48 PM »

If you're so good at finance, Luke needs some help on a homework question in another thread. Smile
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #81 on: October 22, 2012, 07:51 PM »

If you're so good at finance, Luke needs some help on a homework question in another thread. Smile
Pray tell...... p.s.is this classed as live chat?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #82 on: October 22, 2012, 07:59 PM »

200 million dollars equate to 124789400.0000 British pounds sterling. yes(not estimated)
I know that because I checked it out, but I did used the word "roughly", so where's the problem?  These figures are, after all, affected by the current rates of exchange.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #83 on: October 22, 2012, 08:01 PM »

I know that because I checked it out, but I did used the word "roughly", so where's the problem?  These figures are, after all, affected by the current rates of exchange.
No problem Aileen.... chill. hug
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #84 on: October 22, 2012, 08:02 PM »

Pray tell...... p.s.is this classed as live chat?
Well, I'm 'live'.. and you're 'live'.. and we're chatting.
I guess so. Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #85 on: October 22, 2012, 08:14 PM »

No problem Aileen.... chill. hug
OK Robbie. Smile

Well, I'm 'live'.. and you're 'live'.. and we're chatting.
I guess so. Very Happy
doh  It just gets worse ... lol
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #86 on: October 22, 2012, 08:53 PM »

Is there something weird in the water around here today that no one has told me about?
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #87 on: October 22, 2012, 10:28 PM »

Yes right, I believe you.  In 1954 Elizabeth Taylor landed at Heathrow and told the press that she felt like a million dollars. The Daily Telegraph's style guide required that amounts in foreign currencies should always be translated into £s. They therefore quoted her as saying "I feel like a million dollars (£375,000). The pound was worth more in those days!

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #88 on: October 22, 2012, 11:40 PM »

Is there something weird in the water around here today that no one has told me about?
It happens teejay, especially when Andy isn't playing.  Helps to lighten the forum up a bit. Smile  Don't worry, the thread will soon get back on topic.

Yes right, I believe you.  In 1954 Elizabeth Taylor landed at Heathrow and told the press that she felt like a million dollars. The Daily Telegraph's style guide required that amounts in foreign currencies should always be translated into £s. They therefore quoted her as saying "I feel like a million dollars (£375,000). The pound was worth more in those days!
Yes I can remember when a relative in the US used to send me $10 as a birthday present.  As the dollar was worth £2:10s (£2.50) that was a very handsome sum in those days.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #89 on: October 23, 2012, 03:20 PM »

It happens teejay, especially when Andy isn't playing.  Helps to lighten the forum up a bit. Smile  Don't worry, the thread will soon get back on topic.

Oh don't get me wrong, it's hilarious, I just thought I was missing something lol. My brain is a bit slow because I feel, to be blunt, a bit crap still, so I thought it worth checking that no one had taken anything that I could do with using lol.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »