Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 96 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012  (Read 13198 times)
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1335 on: November 13, 2012, 01:56 AM »

Justice is so worth it. And revenge is so sweet. Nole is undoubtedly the best player in the world right now.

Sayonara, Federer. Perhaps see you never?

haha....classic mugshot of Fed...tell me Feddy was that special enough for ya and yer half wit fans? That platter would look great with some swiss cheese on it

Congrats Novak!! very much deserved
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1336 on: November 13, 2012, 04:48 AM »

NOLE, MY BOY!!!!!!
Thank you sooooo much for beating that stupid Fed!
Love you so much Nole!!!! Very Happy

In.Your.Face.Roger.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1337 on: November 13, 2012, 06:43 AM »

Just managed to watch the match on my PVR.

Outstanding win, Nole, and very well deserved!  clap

Too bad about your jesusfed fans Rog, but congrats for putting up an excellent fight. clap

Like everyone else here, gutted that our Andy wasn't in the Finals, but as a serious tennis fan I applaud both players.

And this place has been overwhelmingly Bonkers since Andy's loss.  retard
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1338 on: November 13, 2012, 06:49 AM »

What was with the fingers to heaven?  I haven't seen Nole do that before.  Maybe I have just missed it in the past.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1339 on: November 13, 2012, 08:00 AM »

Terrific match and so glad Nole gave it to Fed! yay yay yay Suck that up you obnoxious Federer fans.
 Rafa like Nole would just not give up and he wore Fed down yay yay
Iron man. Year end No 1. Terrific clap clap clap
Best player of the tear clap clap clap
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1340 on: November 13, 2012, 08:07 AM »

I was absolutely delighted with Nole.  He showed just how good he is.  No booing for him when he smashed his racket.  I have never liked Fed but always admired his tennis.  I am not sure about his good example for the kids.  I personally would rather my kids followed Andy or Nole example.  I would not like them to be such sore losers, so arrogant and sneaky. 

I so not think we need to vent so much at him as we all know what he is like.  I do think his fans contribute alot to the hatred as they seem tio be totally taken in by him.  They are obviously not very good a character reading.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1341 on: November 13, 2012, 09:06 AM »

I loved the championship point and the way he reacted...made me get up from my seat too and cheer for him..
Oh God, Nole is really good ....Andy will have a tough time in 2013. They are the new Roger-Rafa.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1342 on: November 13, 2012, 09:13 AM »

I'm chuffed for Novak. He deserved that win last night, firstly because he played well, and secondly because he was playing Federer.

I make no secret of it, I wish it had been an Andy/Djokovic final, but it wasn't to be. Next year Andy, next year!

For now I'll settle for congratulating Novak and knowing that he has shown Federer that he isn't the big cheese anymore.

Roll on the Murray/Djokovic era. It's coming.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1343 on: November 13, 2012, 11:02 AM »

Someone please post. Little tongue man

And the crowd, how are the crowd?

If you all care to remember, I did state that I would be at O2 for the final. The atmosphere was fantastic; and as promised I did my best against the crowd's welcoming of Federer to boo him and express my displeasure. The guy sitting beside me asked if I did not like Federer, which in view of my reaction to him was a stupid question.

The crowd was about 80.00% for Federer, including many Brits. So much so that when Djokovic netted a FH, the crowd went ecstatic, whereas if the reverse situation happened there was a "polite" applause.

Well done Djokovic for putting the old man in his place. I am still convinced that Andy would have beaten Federer if he had been fully fit, but on the other hand I don't believe that he would have defeated Djokovic fit or not.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1344 on: November 13, 2012, 11:21 AM »

If you all care to remember, I did state that I would be at O2 for the final. The atmosphere was fantastic; and as promised I did my best against the crowd's welcoming of Federer to boo him and express my displeasure. The guy sitting beside me asked if I did not like Federer, which in view of my reaction to him was a stupid question.

The crowd was about 80.00% for Federer, including many Brits. So much so that when Djokovic netted a FH, the crowd went ecstatic, whereas if the reverse situation happened there was a "polite" applause.

Well done Djokovic for putting the old man in his place. I am still convinced that Andy would have beaten Federer if he had been fully fit, but on the other hand I don't believe that he would have defeated Djokovic fit or not.

Did you get any videos of the match so we could hear the crowd reaction from where you were sat?

IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1345 on: November 13, 2012, 12:03 PM »

I am still convinced that Andy would have beaten Federer if he had been fully fit

Did I miss something?
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1346 on: November 13, 2012, 12:32 PM »

Like everyone else here, gutted that our Andy wasn't in the Finals, but as a serious tennis fan I applaud both players

My thoughts exactly.
I have been a tennis fan for more years than I care to remember , and as such I really thought neither of them deserved to lose, it was a great match from both players,whatever your feelings are about Federer, I think it is a shame a lot of you can't see past your dislike of Fed, I am not that keen on him but he played brilliant tennis last night.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1347 on: November 13, 2012, 12:33 PM »

I don't understand where this Smashing of racquets thing is coming from. In most news articles people have commented that Andy got booed rightly so when changing his racquet becaue he smashed it, i have seen the video it was not exactly up there with the all time great smashes was it? more of a single tap of the court with it, it wasn't exactly smashed to pieces and neither was Nole's last night.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1348 on: November 13, 2012, 12:35 PM »

Like everyone else here, gutted that our Andy wasn't in the Finals, but as a serious tennis fan I applaud both players

My thoughts exactly.
I have been a tennis fan for more years than I care to remember , and as such I really thought neither of them deserved to lose, it was a great match from both players,whatever your feelings are about Federer, I think it is a shame a lot of you can't see past your dislike of Fed, I am not that keen on him but he played brilliant tennis last night.

I think it's been said enough times on this site that we do not like Federer because of his tennis, we all know how good he is. It's more to do with his attitude and also the sycophantic nature of his supporters who are completely blind to his fake plastic arrogance.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1349 on: November 13, 2012, 12:51 PM »

Did I miss something?

No. Just my personal feeling, with nothing else to back it up.
[ Last edit by OldScotSupport November 13, 2012, 12:55 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 89 [90] 91 92 93 ... 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »