Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012  (Read 13244 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1380 on: November 13, 2012, 06:29 PM »

Have just realised that Andy comes 2nd in the top tournies this year

Nole  2 wins,  2 finals, 2 sem-finals

Andy 2 wins  1 final, 2 semi-finals, 1 quarter final

Fed   1 win, 2 finals, 2 semi finals, 1 quarter final

It does not seem to add Nadal considering he has been out for so long
Yep. In the big tournaments (Slams, Olympics and WTF) Murray has actually fared better than Federer. It's the Masters where Murray has been so poor in - whether that's down to poor consistency, low motivation or just taking it easy due to certain upcoming Slams I don't know. Either way it's something he needs to sort if he wants to have a serious assault on the #1 ranking.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1381 on: November 13, 2012, 06:36 PM »

Did anyone notice Federer sat in the wrong chair for the final? The chair to the left of the umpire is reserved for the higher-ranked player, but Fed nabbed it.

Ahh, he must have thought it was 2003 or somethin'..
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1382 on: November 13, 2012, 06:51 PM »

I only discovered this forum this summer

Dani, it's weird, I'm in a similar situation to you. I only discovered this forum after Wimbledon, after years of looking for somewhere to talk about Andy in particular, and the sport in general.

Dani and Teejay (and anyone else interested). I just noticed your posts about how difficult it was to find places dedicated to Andy, so wanted to let you know about these. You may already know them, but just in case.
There are a few posters here who do double duty in these.
(And they are both Booger-free environments.) wink

http://www.andymurrayfanforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-ANDY-MURRAY
http://www.facebook.com/DunblaneDiamond.AndyMurray

Also.. for tennis in general, but includes Andy: (and again, there are some folks here that post in these too.)

http://www.606v2.com/f34-tennis
http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/
There is also http://www.menstennisforums.com/ but you may find it will raise your blood pressure.

Hope this helps fill the void for the Andy/tennis barren spell.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1383 on: November 13, 2012, 07:02 PM »

I am not vindictive, not at all. I must admit that I don't always like the way I feel about Federer. I don't like giving in to the negativity of it all, I feel it somehow lowers me. I must admit though, in his case I can't help it. The man makes my blood boil and always has, even before Andy was at the top of the sport.

I remember, many years ago, watching Henman beat Federer at Wimbledon, and I didn't like Federer then. I could see he had potential to be a great player, but I remember a sense, even then, that he was obnoxious. I also remember thinking that he was little more than a spotty bloke with a ponytail that looked ridiculous, but there we are.

I've said it before, but I will say it again, just for clarity. If Federer had distanced himself from all the booing in his press conference, or issued a statement to distance himself from it, I wouldn't feel half as angry about it as I still do. I'm not saying I would like it, of course not, but I would feel that Federer had done something to, in a sense, take his fans in hand. Instead, he seems to have got a kick out of the 'support' he received, and has used it in his own sarcastic and underhand way to send the message to Andy that he is more popular than Andy is in Andy's own country. I just think that makes him seem incredibly spiteful.

My sentiments exactly TJ.  Even when Fed won his first Wimbledon I couldn't muster any enthusiasm and I'm afraid it's just got worse over the years.  I have an almost allergic reaction whenever I hear his voice.  I have to say I have the same reaction to several politicians - perhaps because they would register the same high level on a Sleezometer as Fed would!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1384 on: November 13, 2012, 07:08 PM »

Oh my God, I just saw Fed's expression after the loss, and he looks so somber....did he start crying or something??

Certainly looked like he wanted to. 
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1385 on: November 13, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Yep. In the big tournaments (Slams, Olympics and WTF) Murray has actually fared better than Federer. It's the Masters where Murray has been so poor in - whether that's down to poor consistency, low motivation or just taking it easy due to certain upcoming Slams I don't know. Either way it's something he needs to sort if he wants to have a serious assault on the #1 ranking.
I agree, but as I see it, Andy is between a rock and a hard place, last year he was slated for only winning masters, and not winning a slam, now he has won a slam , why isn't he winning masters and he needs to get to number one, what's the rush , if he carries on playing like he did in the first set against Djoko at the wtf, ( and I think he will push on) more slams will come and the number one ranking, he has another five Years barring injury to do even better than 2012.
[ Last edit by deb November 13, 2012, 10:09 PM ] IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1386 on: November 13, 2012, 09:39 PM »

Oh my God, I just saw Fed's expression after the loss, and he looks so somber....did he start crying or something??
Mwah ha ha ha. 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1387 on: November 13, 2012, 09:46 PM »

Novak  complemented  Andy - said he looked good in a suit.    errr.  ok

Well,to be fair,he was asked who did he think looked the best in the picture.He isn't Smugfed-his first thought wasn't automatically "me!".I thought he was sweet actually.I can't like the gorilla-like thumping and roaring and stuff when he wins,but I do quite like him apart from all of that.(except in times where he's facing Andy or has just beaten him.Then I reserve the right to be as anti-Nole as I want!)
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1388 on: November 13, 2012, 09:53 PM »

Dani, it's weird, I'm in a similar situation to you. I only discovered this forum after Wimbledon, after years of looking for somewhere to talk about Andy in particular, and the sport in general.

Before I had Sky Sport, a couple of years back, I was restricted to watching the tennis the BBC condescended to show, so I suppose I was used to having not only the off season, but chunks of the year without my 'fix'. Now there is Sky Sport, but there is also here. Like you, I've got used to coming on, looking forward to tournaments, matches, seeing Andy's draw and picking them apart with everyone. I must also say that I am glad that I no longer feel uncomfortable with my dislike for a certain 'other' player, and that is due to a lot of people on here. It's nice to know there isn't much wrong with me after all, and I'm not somehow morally flawed, well, not much.......

The trouble is, all that sense of feeling like a team, all pulling for Andy (well, nearly all of us) is muted now I suppose, because it's the off season. I'm going to miss the tennis for a while. Still, there is a whole new year of it to look forward to. Roll on 2013!

I know what you mean Teejay!Nobody I know is really interested in tennis-apart from my best friend who is an avid Smugfed fan,so we really don't talk too much about tennis lol!-so before the forum,I'd just,you know,root for Andy on my own!I'd look for streams,and read articles,and do all the same stuff I do now,but I had nobody to enjoy it all with!

Now I've gotten really into the habit of coming on here all the time,and I really enjoy chatting with you guys,and hearing all of your take on things,and sharing in the highs and lows of the Murraycoaster with people here.I've always loved being an Andy fan,but it's so much more enjoyable to have people to talk to who are just as enthusiastic as I am!You're right-it's like being part of a big team,and it is so lovely Smile

We can still chat on here,of course,and I look forward to it,but it's still odd,knowing that until Jan there won't be too much new stuff on here.Still,I'm really looking forward to christmas (My favourite holiday of the year!) and after that,bring on what I'm hopeful,and quietly confident,is going to be a very exciting season!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1389 on: November 13, 2012, 09:58 PM »

Dani and Teejay (and anyone else interested). I just noticed your posts about how difficult it was to find places dedicated to Andy, so wanted to let you know about these. You may already know them, but just in case.
There are a few posters here who do double duty in these.
(And they are both Booger-free environments.) wink

http://www.andymurrayfanforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?2-ANDY-MURRAY
http://www.facebook.com/DunblaneDiamond.AndyMurray

Also.. for tennis in general, but includes Andy: (and again, there are some folks here that post in these too.)

http://www.606v2.com/f34-tennis
http://www.tennis4you.com/forum/index.php
http://tt.tennis-warehouse.com/
There is also http://www.menstennisforums.com/ but you may find it will raise your blood pressure.

Hope this helps fill the void for the Andy/tennis barren spell.

Thank you very,very much Scotnadian!I have been on a couple of them-and you're right,menstennisforum is a blood-pressure-raising site to go on!-but not all,and I'm excited to delve into them Very Happy
It still amazes me that it took me this long to stumble upon the forum,when I've been a fan for years!It's annoying,in a way,to think of all the time I could've been enjoying being a member,but oh well-better late than never!
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1390 on: November 13, 2012, 09:58 PM »

Certainly looked like he wanted to. 
Ahh,diddums.Thought the match was going to be just a formality he had to go through with to be crowned winner.He should really notice a pattern emerging here at some point,shouldn't he???
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1391 on: November 13, 2012, 10:07 PM »

Ahh,diddums.Thought the match was going to be just a formality he had to go through with to be crowned winner.He should really notice a pattern emerging here at some point,shouldn't he???
? confused yes he must be thick !!!   roflmao
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1392 on: November 13, 2012, 10:22 PM »

Yes is it too much to hope that he will fall out of the top 8 this year and not be there next. Well we can all dream.  pray
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1393 on: November 13, 2012, 10:27 PM »

IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1394 on: November 13, 2012, 10:31 PM »

I know a few people think it was a mistake on Federer's part but I don't believe it for a minute.  Even if it had been an accident at some point he must have realised he was sitting in the wrong seat.  Why didn't he move? I'm sorry but Novak should have told him to move. He shouldn't have got away with it.  It was a complete lack of respect for the no.1 player in the world.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 92 [93] 94 95 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »