Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012

(Read 16143 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1395 on: November 13, 2012, 10:55 PM »

I know a few people think it was a mistake on Federer's part but I don't believe it for a minute.  Even if it had been an accident at some point he must have realised he was sitting in the wrong seat.  Why didn't he move? I'm sorry but Novak should have told him to move. He shouldn't have got away with it.  It was a complete lack of respect for the no.1 player in the world.

There's NO way that was a mistake.Federer's been playing for far too long for a silly mistake like that.And there were monogrammed towels for gods sake!!
It was a very disrespectful gesture,and it would've been nice to see Fed called on it.I think Nole handled it the only way he could though,to be honest.If he had made any kind of fuss,then he'd have been seen as the bad guy in that situation.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1396 on: November 13, 2012, 11:19 PM »

............  and you can just imagine how that crowd would have responded!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1397 on: November 14, 2012, 12:57 AM »

I feel it was an honest mistake. Federer was too much into the match and was thinking about it a lot, so he didn't realize that he was sitting on Nole's bench. It happens.

I also think he was a bit overwhelmed by the crowd support and doing everything to win the match, but he knew he was up against a very strong player who also happened to be younger than him, and winning this tournament was very important for him so he probably got caught in the middle of all that it made him lose his sense about these things. Nole probably understood and was nice enough not to let him know. It probably didn't matter anyway and I personally don't think this incident is as big a deal if it's a mistake.

My main beef is with the crowd and I wonder why they decided to come so well together and collectively so against Andy in this particular event. Yes, I know the crowd was not so nice with Nole either, but Nole is not a British player and also, it didn't start with him. It all started with Andy's match and it was far worse than Nole's match, so it did feel rather personal. I don't think Federer was as vindictive about it as the fans.

If there were, let's say, 10,000 people in that match and if 70% of them were Federer fans, then you can't possibly say that all 7,000 were foreigners. It's far more plausible to think that at least half of them were British fans. And that would make them almost one third of the total crowd. This most definitely raises questions.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean November 14, 2012, 02:12 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1398 on: November 14, 2012, 01:20 AM »

Federer feels humbled by your support Emma!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1399 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25 AM »

With regards to this booing thing, i think it just happens at tennis matches when the audience see a player being naughty, or losing their cool, a bit like panto you cheer the hero jeer the villain. When Fed smashed his racquet once against Novak he got booed just as badly as Andy did.

i really do think he sat in Nole's chair deliberately, of course he will say different if questioned about it.

check out his interview at the end

[ Last edit by The Gnome November 14, 2012, 01:29 AM ] IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1400 on: November 14, 2012, 02:16 AM »

Federer feels humbled by your support Emma!

I wasn't supporting him! I thought that's the most likely scenario. Don't make me a Federer fan now!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1401 on: November 14, 2012, 02:20 AM »

With regards to this booing thing, i think it just happens at tennis matches when the audience see a player being naughty, or losing their cool, a bit like panto you cheer the hero jeer the villain. When Fed smashed his racquet once against Novak he got booed just as badly as Andy did.

i really do think he sat in Nole's chair deliberately, of course he will say different if questioned about it.

check out his interview at the end

It was just not the booing, trust me - it was only a part of it. It was the whole atmosphere. It felt pure hostile and I am still recovering from it, frankly. I am usually a pretty tolerant person and would like to see things objectively first, but there was something not normal about the fans' support.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1402 on: November 14, 2012, 02:24 AM »

I wasn't supporting him! I thought that's the most likely scenario. Don't make me a Federer fan now!

Haha only messing round.

#humbled
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1403 on: November 14, 2012, 02:46 PM »

Looking back…

I’ve marked down 11/11/2012 as the Black Day in tennis where the home crowd favourite got outnumbered by Federer fans and was ridiculed.  Perhaps a first in history especially when you consider the Slam after 75 years and the Olympic Gold medal by this great man. 

I see 2012 as:

- The rise of Andy Murray (1st Major after 75 years and an Olympic Gold medal)

- The demise of Roger Federer (The foundation work was done here)

- Rafael Nadal as the big question mark. (Mainly because we had no way of knowing what his real conditions were and if he was going to come back this year at all)

- Novak Djokovic remains as the Undisputed King in a fairly competitive era. (I think the level of competition has dipped slightly since last year as Nadal wasn’t here for the 2nd part of the season, though Del Potro sort of took his place and Ferrer wasn’t too far behind and Berdych raised his level when he needed it).

Ferrer, in fact, won 7 titles including his first Masters. This was his most successful year to date.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1404 on: November 14, 2012, 03:58 PM »

I feel it was an honest mistake. Federer was too much into the match and was thinking about it a lot, so he didn't realize that he was sitting on Nole's bench. It happens.

I also think he was a bit overwhelmed by the crowd support and doing everything to win the match, but he knew he was up against a very strong player who also happened to be younger than him, and winning this tournament was very important for him so he probably got caught in the middle of all that it made him lose his sense about these things. Nole probably understood and was nice enough not to let him know. It probably didn't matter anyway and I personally don't think this incident is as big a deal if it's a mistake.

My main beef is with the crowd and I wonder why they decided to come so well together and collectively so against Andy in this particular event. Yes, I know the crowd was not so nice with Nole either, but Nole is not a British player and also, it didn't start with him. It all started with Andy's match and it was far worse than Nole's match, so it did feel rather personal. I don't think Federer was as vindictive about it as the fans.

If there were, let's say, 10,000 people in that match and if 70% of them were Federer fans, then you can't possibly say that all 7,000 were foreigners. It's far more plausible to think that at least half of them were British fans. And that would make them almost one third of the total crowd. This most definitely raises questions.

You are being far too charitable to Federer EJ - I'm sure he knew exactly what he was doing.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1405 on: November 14, 2012, 04:05 PM »

Just feels more like a mistake to me, really. I have yet to see the match which I am dying to but Prodigy hasn’t been a good boy lately. lol
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1406 on: November 14, 2012, 04:17 PM »

Ferrer, in fact, won 7 titles including his first Masters. This was his most successful year to date.

Wow, that is awesome...never thought about that one before...
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1407 on: November 14, 2012, 04:52 PM »

Just feels more like a mistake to me, really. I have yet to see the match which I am dying to but Prodigy hasn’t been a good boy lately. lol

Which match?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1408 on: November 14, 2012, 04:56 PM »

If you're on about Fe----oops must put the number one seeds name first, Djokovic vs Federer -

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1409 on: November 14, 2012, 05:11 PM »

If you're on about Fe----oops must put the number one seeds name first, Djokovic vs Federer -

hug hug hug hug hug hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »