Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012

(Read 16296 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1425 on: November 14, 2012, 06:03 PM »

In the end, for Andy to have won this tournament he would have had to play Federer and Novak twice, quite a big ask really, i'm actually kind of glad he lost to fed in the semis than to Novak in the final, we don't want Novak getting the better of him to many times, if he would have won after doing that though would have been amazing, but i think just too much to expect to play the number 1 player in the world twice in a week and come out the winner

I agree with this. Andy had the toughest road compared both Federer and Noel, and it's best to lose to Federer at this point than to Noel in the same tournament twice; that is, if he were to lose anyway.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1426 on: November 14, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Can anyone please tell me exactly at one point that chair incident happened so that I can take a quick look? Many thanks!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1427 on: November 14, 2012, 07:26 PM »

Can anyone please tell me exactly at one point that chair incident happened so that I can take a quick look? Many thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0--IBsJA5wQ#t=235s

clicky that link and watch from there you can see Djokovic clearly written on the towel if you watch in Fullscreen I think, notice how when Nole comes out the towel has been moved.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1428 on: November 14, 2012, 07:42 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0--IBsJA5wQ#t=235s

clicky that link and watch from there you can see Djokovic clearly written on the towel if you watch in Fullscreen I think, notice how when Nole comes out the towel has been moved.

Oh, I see now. So I guess Nole's stuff was moved from there then? Did anyone ask Federer about that in his post match?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1429 on: November 14, 2012, 08:01 PM »

Nah probably not, they wouldn't dare bring it up.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1430 on: November 14, 2012, 08:16 PM »

Nah probably not, they wouldn't dare bring it up.

But he must have realized that he'd taken Nole's chair mistakenly because they needed to move Nole’s stuff, right? At that moment he could have made the adjustment voluntarily unless he wasn’t at all aware of it. Or maybe he couldn’t just be bothered once he realized it. I am sure Andy would have moved had he noticed.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1431 on: November 14, 2012, 09:50 PM »

But he must have realized that he'd taken Nole's chair mistakenly because they needed to move Nole’s stuff, right? At that moment he could have made the adjustment voluntarily unless he wasn’t at all aware of it. Or maybe he couldn’t just be bothered once he realized it. I am sure Andy would have moved had he noticed.

I have to say,EJ,while I'm sure you're right-Andy's the kind of guy who'd have no problem admitting he'd made a mistake and getting up-I just don't think there'd ever be a need for Andy to move,because he just wouldn't make that mistake!

Maybe I'm wrong-it is possible for any human to make a mistake after all,and despite being the GOAT Fed is still human-but I just don't believe it was a mistake in this case.Federer's simply been playing for too long,and is too experienced,in my opinion,to make that kind of newbie error.Plus,how hard is it to go to the seat where they have a towel with your name waiting on it?!

The only way I can possibly see this being a mistake is that Federer is simply too used to being the highest-ranking player,and forgot that going down the rankings meant giving up the seat meant for the higher-ranked player.If that's the case,well,then,that reflects pretty poorly  on him still.But again,the way I see it,it comes back to the fact that Federer is too experienced for that kind of mistake!I think you're just being very kind to him!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1432 on: November 15, 2012, 01:03 AM »

I have to say,EJ,while I'm sure you're right-Andy's the kind of guy who'd have no problem admitting he'd made a mistake and getting up-I just don't think there'd ever be a need for Andy to move,because he just wouldn't make that mistake!

Maybe I'm wrong-it is possible for any human to make a mistake after all,and despite being the GOAT Fed is still human-but I just don't believe it was a mistake in this case.Federer's simply been playing for too long,and is too experienced,in my opinion,to make that kind of newbie error.Plus,how hard is it to go to the seat where they have a towel with your name waiting on it?!

The only way I can possibly see this being a mistake is that Federer is simply too used to being the highest-ranking player,and forgot that going down the rankings meant giving up the seat meant for the higher-ranked player.If that's the case,well,then,that reflects pretty poorly  on him still.But again,the way I see it,it comes back to the fact that Federer is too experienced for that kind of mistake!I think you're just being very kind to him!

Two people have now accused me for being kind to Federer in less than 48 hours. I don't know what's happening anymore. Is this real or an illusion? What planet am I on!?!?!? lolol

Ok, seriously you do make a very good point that he can't possibly make that mistake given his lengthy career but Nole's now No. 1 for two years in a row and and it was Rafa who was ranked 1 in between. I think the mistake happened because Federer temporarily forgot that he was no longer No. 1 as they Nole and Federer have recently exchanged the ranking places, so I see there's some room for making this mistake.

And even if he did it on purpose, I don't see any clear cut motive behind it. It would have to be the silliest tactic ever. Nole is just mentally far too strong to fall for this kind of intimating trap. On the other hand, it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility but I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt as I feel everyone deserves it. 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1433 on: November 15, 2012, 02:10 AM »

I think in conclusion he just wanted to remind Nole who the true GOAT is. #humbled. lol.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1434 on: November 15, 2012, 02:33 PM »

Oh, I see now. So I guess Nole's stuff was moved from there then? Did anyone ask Federer about that in his post match?

Yeah, they should seriously ask about it. I bet everyone knows by now...
Maybe Fed bribed them Wink
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2012 « Reply #1435 on: November 15, 2012, 06:39 PM »

Yeah, they should seriously ask about it. I bet everyone knows by now...
Maybe Fed bribed them Wink

Maybe he bribed them with his ego. It's quite big. He never runs out of it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 95 [96] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »