Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013

(Read 5486 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #315 on: November 12, 2013, 12:51 AM »

What an epic day this was for me.

Got my picture taken with Novak

Saw the bryan twins lose.

Saw Novak win.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #316 on: November 12, 2013, 01:05 AM »

yay Proddy!  I'm glad you had such a great time.  Can we see the pic with you and Novak?

I predicted on RTR that he would win in two, and he duly obliged!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #317 on: November 12, 2013, 01:44 AM »

WHAT THE PLAYERS SAID

Novak Djokovic: “We push each other to the limit [and] we make each other better. We make each other work harder on our games, especially when we play against each other. It's always a huge challenge.”

“This can serve as a great platform for 2014 season. I'm extra motivated and inspired to work and get myself, first of all, rested and recovered in the off season, and then work on my game and get ready for Australian Open.”

Rafael Nadal: “One thing that made the difference in today's match was the serve. I didn't serve well, he served well. On this kind of court, the first shot is very important and he hit that first shot much better than me.”

“Is very special what happened this year.  For me, the emotions of this year after a tough year for all of us have been fantastic. And certainly is the day to say congratulations and thanks to all the people who were behind me supporting me, let me work in the days that I was down.”
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #318 on: November 12, 2013, 09:57 AM »

My wife and I had a great day. It was her first experience of live tennis and her first experience of tennis in the O2 arena.

Having said that, I must express my disappointment. Djokovic played fantastically and thoroughly deserved his victory. Nadal did not play well, perhaps because of Djokovic's play, but I just felt that Nadal did not particularly want to be there and wanted to return to Spain and his red clay courts.

On the other hand, we both enjoyed the doubles. Entertaining and end to end stuff. Of the two matches, we felt that the doubles was the more enjoyable. Maybe it's just me.

Nevertheless, a great day.

[ Last edit by OldScotSupport November 12, 2013, 01:36 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #319 on: November 12, 2013, 05:24 PM »

Best match I saw was Fed v Delpotro. Good to see the old man caressing the net with his silky shots, like the maestro of old.
Worst match I saw was Fed v Rafa. He just cannot seem to beat Rafa these days.
BTW the Swiss fans were as obnoxious to Nole this year when he played Wawa, as they were to Andy when he played Fed last Rolling Eyes Thought it was personal re Andy but no, many, many of them who go to the O2 are just horrible. yuk
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #320 on: November 12, 2013, 05:50 PM »

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #321 on: November 12, 2013, 06:15 PM »

Proddy you're going to be living off that photo for weeks, you lucky lad!  Thanks for sharing. Smile
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #322 on: November 12, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Hi folks.

What a wonderful experience!  We saw Nadal Berdych on Friday, Federer - Del Potro on Saturday afternoon then Djokovic  Gasquet Saturday night. The games were great especially with them all going to 3 sets (didn't expect that)The Federer game was great due to the fightback. Loved the whole atmosphere. We had barely arrived when my friend anniunced 'o we are so doing this again next year!' We certainly plan to. Now we know Andy has definitely arrived - folks yelling out come on Andy during matches. We also really enjoyed all the off court entertainment - did the test your serve speed and a thing where you can go through the arena smoky doors and get your photo taken. Really enjoyed the Holding Court programme with Ross - right at the front on Saturday morning, enjoyed speaking to all the folk we met - met someone at the Holding Court who said she didn't like federer cos he made andy cry. So nice to meet all these like minded people. Massive crowds at the federer and Nadal practice sessions but we had seats for Wawrinka's practice which was good. Anyway, it was a great experience - thanks again prodigy for the pre sale link  hug
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #323 on: November 12, 2013, 06:57 PM »

I too loved the holding court program westie! I probably passed you as we went to o2 for brekkie b4 we left on sat and seen feds practice at 11-15.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #324 on: November 12, 2013, 07:19 PM »

Hi folks.

What a wonderful experience!  We saw Nadal Berdych on Friday, Federer - Del Potro on Saturday afternoon then Djokovic  Gasquet Saturday night. The games were great especially with them all going to 3 sets (didn't expect that)The Federer game was great due to the fightback. Loved the whole atmosphere. We had barely arrived when my friend anniunced 'o we are so doing this again next year!' We certainly plan to. Now we know Andy has definitely arrived - folks yelling out come on Andy during matches. We also really enjoyed all the off court entertainment - did the test your serve speed and a thing where you can go through the arena smoky doors and get your photo taken. Really enjoyed the Holding Court programme with Ross - right at the front on Saturday morning, enjoyed speaking to all the folk we met - met someone at the Holding Court who said she didn't like federer cos he made andy cry. So nice to meet all these like minded people. Massive crowds at the federer and Nadal practice sessions but we had seats for Wawrinka's practice which was good. Anyway, it was a great experience - thanks again prodigy for the pre sale link  hug
Thanks for sharing, Westie, and I'm glad that you too found it a great experience.  Loved the lady who didn't like Fed because he made Andy cry!  Hopefully when you go next year Andy will be playing.

Incidentally from next year the one week gap between Paris and the WTF will be reinstated, thanks to the pressure applied by the top players on the ATP.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #325 on: November 12, 2013, 08:59 PM »

I too loved the holding court program westie! I probably passed you as we went to o2 for brekkie b4 we left on sat and seen feds practice at 11-15.

Ooh we were there then! we went over on the zip wire cable car (our hotel was right beside it) about 10 and enjoyed all the stuff in the fanzone- walked by Feds practice but it was so mobbed we stayed at Holding Court (well we were right at the front gazing at Ross and co) then went to wawrinkas practice.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #326 on: November 12, 2013, 09:52 PM »

Nice photo Prodigy and I am totally jealous!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #327 on: November 12, 2013, 09:59 PM »

Nice photo Prodigy and I am totally jealous!

Yes, a great photo, and glad you had a good time.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #328 on: November 13, 2013, 08:47 AM »

Wow Joe.......That's a fantastic picture! If I were you, I'd frame it or get it blown up poster size and hang it on the wall!  w00t
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #329 on: November 13, 2013, 01:13 PM »

Got my picture taken with Novak

That's fab!  I got a few photos with others, but missed out on him.  Will try again next year.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »