Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013

(Read 5661 times)
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #60 on: November 05, 2013, 05:53 PM »

I gather than even with Novak adding to his Davis Cup points Rafa now has only one more win needed to be top player in 2013. He just took control today and never looked like losing. Ferrer did look jaded.  I just cannot see Tomas or Stan beating him no matter how little that Nadal likes indoor hard courts. Can anyone else? 

I am glad that I missed the disrespect shown to Gasquet yesterday and any similar comments today on the Nadal Ferrer match. I now watch everything without sound.  I can imagine Andy not liking that.  M

Matches seems to be going to my expectations. I decided Stan should beat Delpo especially after the rosary incident as their head to head was already close and Delpo had only ever won on clay. With Nadal beating Ferrer on a hard court today how many negative head to heads remain  for him on any surface? I am thinking only of current players. Perhaps Federer on Grass and Djoke on hard courts? I know there are a lot of players who played him only once and won but I am not counting them!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #61 on: November 05, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Cmon Federer, please beat Djokovic (preferably in straights).
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #62 on: November 05, 2013, 08:04 PM »

I missed the start of Ferrer/Nadal Katie, so I didn't hear them writing Ferrer off. I agree though, the pundits shouldn't write people off before a match has even begun. I don't mind a simple recognition of a match up being tough, that sort of thing, but as for Gasquet last night, according to the pundits, he had no chance against Delpo and none against anyone else either.

It was amusing, sort of, to hear the pundits do an about turn at one point and rush to justify Gasquet getting in to the WTF, but they clearly think he's wasting his time if some of the comments yesterday were anything to go by. It wasn't so much the comments that annoyed me though. It was the inane laughter while they wrote Gasquet off. It was rude and totally uncalled for.

Becker also earned the sharp end of my tongue yesterday, harping on about Andy and the way he 'should' want to get to world no.1 straight away. Why can't these stupid people accept that players are allowed to have priorities or different goals? Why should Andy want to be even remotely like Becker? Personally I remain convinced Andy does want to be no.1 at some point. More to the point I am convinced he will be. If his priority (when he is fit and back on tour) remains winning slams though, not his ranking, I will be perfectly fine with that. I mean, when since has it been wrong for a pro tennis player to want to win more slams? I wish Becker et al, would just leave Andy alone.

I'm not sure about Andy as a commentator. Mind you, it would never be dull  Whistle.

Becker's comment was a bit daft - obviously Andy didn't say being no 1 was an immediate priority after winning wimbledon because he'd already decided to have back surgery after US open. While we didn't know that at the time, wedo now and so does Boris. Clearly that is why Andy was playing down his next goals.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #63 on: November 05, 2013, 08:17 PM »

Come on Djokovic, stupid crowd behind Feddonk even though Djokovic is better player.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #64 on: November 05, 2013, 08:33 PM »

Jeezo!!! Raonics voice is sending me to sleep  yawn zz
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #65 on: November 05, 2013, 08:35 PM »

Come on Djokovic, stupid crowd behind Feddonk even though Djokovic is better player.

Djokovic isn't playing that great. Federer will rise.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #66 on: November 05, 2013, 08:36 PM »

how has djoko not broken this guy yet
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #67 on: November 05, 2013, 08:38 PM »

Fed isn't playing well, defence is terrible
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #68 on: November 05, 2013, 08:43 PM »

Becker's comment was a bit daft - obviously Andy didn't say being no 1 was an immediate priority after winning wimbledon because he'd already decided to have back surgery after US open. While we didn't know that at the time, wedo now and so does Boris. Clearly that is why Andy was playing down his next goals.

I couldn't agree more. Methinks Boris is just a little bit thick.

I've just decided they should do some kind of awards ceremony in tennis, rather like the Oscars. Benneteau could get the Nearly Man Award for his record of reaching finals but never winning one. Barry Cowan could run away with the Most Pointless Individual Award, just because, and Milos Raonic could be a late entrant in the Most Snoozeworthy Commentary category. My God he's boring!

The special award for sychophancy should, of course, go to Federer's crawling fans.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #69 on: November 05, 2013, 08:50 PM »

Too easy for Novak
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #70 on: November 05, 2013, 09:00 PM »

Novak not even got his range right yet.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #71 on: November 05, 2013, 09:04 PM »

The Fed 'love-in' at the O2 makes me sick
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #72 on: November 05, 2013, 09:16 PM »

Novak's balance looks dodgy today for some reason, is he ill?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #73 on: November 05, 2013, 09:16 PM »

Jeezo!!! Raonics voice is sending me to sleep  yawn zz

Make sure you don't miss the train!!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #74 on: November 05, 2013, 09:19 PM »

Make sure you don't miss the train!!!

I wont miss the train coz its a plane im getting  w00t
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 23 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »