Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23 Go Down Reply
Author

Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013

(Read 5686 times)
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #15 on: November 03, 2013, 09:05 PM »

Was hoping Fed v Djoko wd be Fri or Sat when I'm there, have Fri night and all day Sat tickets, so hope to see Fed, Djoko and Nadal - not seen any of them live but saw Delpo, Ferrer and Berdych (twice) at Wimbledon. Fed v Delp wd be good! Hope everyone has a great time!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #16 on: November 03, 2013, 09:17 PM »

Was hoping Fed v Djoko wd be Fri or Sat when I'm there, have Fri night and all day Sat tickets, so hope to see Fed, Djoko and Nadal - not seen any of them live but saw Delpo, Ferrer and Berdych (twice) at Wimbledon. Fed v Delp wd be good! Hope everyone has a great time!

Saturday is SF day anyway, so that would be impossible.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #17 on: November 03, 2013, 09:36 PM »

Nope, Sat is still round robin. Semis are Sunday and final Monday. Gangsta not ruling today!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #18 on: November 03, 2013, 09:44 PM »

Schedule is here:

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/en/schedule

It looks like groups are mixed up Mon & Tues, then Group A play Weds & Fri, Group B Thurs & Sat.
Semi Finals Sunday, Finals on Monday

Don't know how reliable that is though.

IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #19 on: November 03, 2013, 10:08 PM »

Nope, Sat is still round robin. Semis are Sunday and final Monday. Gangsta not ruling today!

The final is on a Monday. Damn liberty.
[ Last edit by GangstaMurray November 03, 2013, 10:12 PM ] IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #20 on: November 03, 2013, 10:09 PM »

Now if I was really lucky Rafa wd play Friday night, then Fed and Djoko shd both play Saturday. That wd help make up for no Andy for sure.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #21 on: November 03, 2013, 10:14 PM »

I will be at the final.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #22 on: November 03, 2013, 10:20 PM »

So who do u hope to see?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #23 on: November 03, 2013, 10:20 PM »

Djokovic vs Del Potro.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #24 on: November 04, 2013, 04:44 PM »

Well done wawrinka, didn't get to see the match but that's a good win for him.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #25 on: November 04, 2013, 04:56 PM »

Good to see Stan with a decent start at his debut. He could have made it in two sets if he had not played such a poor TB (0:7). Might become decisive in the end.
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 05:23 PM »

Schedule is here:

http://www.barclaysatpworldtourfinals.com/en/schedule

It looks like groups are mixed up Mon & Tues, then Group A play Weds & Fri, Group B Thurs & Sat.
Semi Finals Sunday, Finals on Monday

Don't know how reliable that is though.

Why is it that in other sports you can have many players/teams and a timetable for group matches but in tennis they can only manage to let us know at the last minute? Apart from us going to see who we prefer perhaps the players might like to know to maximise their preparation? I got fed up with ordering tickets with no knowledge of whom I might see. To resolve this I made it impossible to work out who would be playing and decided on a semis day visit. Of course in other sports winner A plays runner up B also to a schedule but I know that the demands of RF, sponsors and TV companies are probably the most important in deciding who plays when.

Whoever all you guys get to watch have a good time.

PS. Well done Stan!  ( I was hoping )
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 05:47 PM »

Agreed marathon Arthur its very frustrating paying a fortune and not getting to see who you really want to see!! Okay on this occasion Andy isn't here anyway but I would like to have picked Rafa fed or Novak for one of my sessions but knowing my luck it prob won't happen Frown
IP Logged
marathonarthur
Challenger Level

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #28 on: November 04, 2013, 06:03 PM »

Agreed marathon Arthur its very frustrating paying a fortune and not getting to see who you really want to see!! Okay on this occasion Andy isn't here anyway but I would like to have picked Rafa fed or Novak for one of my sessions but knowing my luck it prob won't happen Frown

I got Novak twice by luck (my daughter is a fan so pleased) but he played and awful game with  Tipsy one year and lost! I hope that you get one of the top four so you feel you have seen some of the best tennis on offer.  When I bought my tickets I wanted a chance to see Andy and thought that with a semi ticket for the afternoon I would have the best chance as they would never do him a favour and play him in the evening session? I always think that in UK we try to make it hardest for our own sportsmen. 

Some of the others are now showing some good form so I think you will get good tennis this year.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Barclays ATP World Tour Finals 2013 « Reply #29 on: November 04, 2013, 06:26 PM »

When you buy your tickets very much in advance, and for the SF and F you certainly have to, you will not even know all the contenders, let alone their ranking. Then, as this year, you have to consider their day of arrival in London with the tournament before. When I was thinking about getting tickets for the WTF to see Andy, I was also figuring out what would be a good day and time and came to the SF day. So, to be on the safe side you better book both sessions. When you take somebody with you and have to pay tickets, accommodation and flights the whole trip can be quite expensive. And as I said: in fact, you can never be on the safe side.
I simply do not have an idea how to make things easier for the fans.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »