Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Best singles Player of the 1970's (Men and Women) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who was the best singles  player of the 1970's?
Bjorn Borg - 3 (42.9%)
Billy Jean King - 1 (14.3%)
Jimmy Connors - 2 (28.6%)
Arthur Ashe - 0 (0%)
Margaret Court - 0 (0%)
Chris Evert - 1 (14.3%)
Virgina Wade - 0 (0%)
Other - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 7

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Best singles Player of the 1970's (Men and Women)

(Read 764 times)
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Best singles Player of the 1970's (Men and Women) « Reply #15 on: June 13, 2006, 02:49 PM »

Hee hee. That's funny, I graduate with MA in English and Language and linguistics too! I did my dissertation in phonological variation in <wh> in NE Scots. Where did you study? What do you do now?
IP Logged
Tommy
World No 1

woo hoo

Re: Best singles Player of the 1970's (Men and Women) « Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 11:41 PM »

Damnation. shocking

What was I saying for so long???

1970's is wrong. Its totally wrong. It refers to the best player of the year 1970. wink

1970s is the best choice. Very Happy It refers to the best player of the decade.

1970s' is a rather awkward way to construct it, but is technically right. It means the best player belonging to the decade.

Its really nice when you get pedantic with your own self. woohoo

The title should be changed, its really wrong.

well I dont think its that big a problem... you where right even when u doubted your self before... Think kinda funny I quees
IP Logged
arka
Re: Best singles Player of the 1970's (Men and Women) « Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 11:43 PM »

well I dont think its that big a problem... you where right even when u doubted your self before... Think kinda funny I quees

Whatever. wink
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »