Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2014 - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Go Down Reply
Author

US Open 2014 - The Other Players

(Read 5048 times)
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: US Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #315 on: September 09, 2014, 01:58 PM »

O gosh say it isn't so,I hated the game we will be reduced to one dimensional players ,no guile no craftiness .There was more excitment for Andy and Noles game than was generated for this final
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: US Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #316 on: September 09, 2014, 02:34 PM »

beautifully put grab.    I just hope that the servebots don't now create a mega full stop for the next few years.
Oh No! I would lose interest completely, Ruthie. Andy v Novak, Rafa, and all the real stroke players, serve 'n volley too, variety is the spice of life.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: US Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #317 on: September 09, 2014, 03:00 PM »

The match was boring no excitment at all. Kei had played to many long matches and had lost his spark. Cilic won because he served better but had little variety. It was very disappointing I put the telly off and went to bed. If this is what we can expect from so called up and coming players I'd rather watch Andy even if he is nowhere near his best as yet.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: US Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #318 on: September 09, 2014, 04:25 PM »

He has never won a Masters. Either had Kei. Im pretty sure neither had even reached a Masters final and I think the previous best performance by either of them in a Slam was Cilic reaching the AO semis a few years back. But now Cilic has a Slam , just one less than Andy.

Kei reached the Madrid final this year (which he really should have won after dominating Rafa in the first set and a half, but had to retire hurt).

Cilic though hasn't even reached a Masters semi before. Unbelievable jump from that to becoming a slam winner! But he found peak form this fortnight, playing his best tennis in the last three rounds. One of those moments where everything came together for him at the right time.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: US Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #319 on: September 09, 2014, 04:51 PM »

I remember the match Cilic vs. Andy in Rotterdam earlier this year when Cilic served relentlessly. Obviously, he has continued working on it, no wonder with Ivanisevic as his coach, backing it up with powerful strokes from the baseline. And furthermore he has found the mental strength, which has so often been a weakness (remember him vs. Andy at the USO 2012, one of my favourite matches). When you regard the tournament isolatedly, you must say that these two players deserved being in the final after some more or less tough matches. When you consider their career achievements, the outcome of the USO leaves me with mixed feelings. Two years ago everybody said that no other player deserved the title so much as Andy after all he had gone through. This year...?
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: US Open 2014 - The Other Players « Reply #320 on: September 09, 2014, 05:03 PM »

Wawrinka also had never won a Masters.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »