MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Big 4 since 2005 - 2014
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply

Big 4 since 2005 - 2014

quote author=johnkiernan35 link=topic=25868.msg884515#msg884515 date=1369247212]
 Was this Fed fan called tennisfangirl.     ?  Yeah she's a twat.  Her bio is  ...  re Fed  -  "You really have to wonder if he's even from the same planet' ♥

lmao    

[/quote]

I wonder that too but in a completely opposite meaning non-complimentary way...  Whistle

The achievements of the big four are just so remarkable. I wonder what sort of era will follow them? I can't see any of the current crop dominating the sport in a similar way once the current top players retire but am prepared to be proven wrong. I may return to being a Queens and Wimbledon only fan in years to come though (sorry)!
IP Logged

I think players who are now aged around 20 or 21 will win Slams e.g. Dimitrov, Raonic - probably even more than Andy, but they'll never be as good. This Era will never ever be repeated, nor did it ever exist before - at the same level.

For me, I'll be watching Laura Robson winning Slams in 5 years time.
IP Logged

^ Hmm...Borg, Connors, Mac, was pretty good.
IP Logged

Guess I better add Nadal in again.
IP Logged

I've been waiting in high anticipation to update this with ANDY's name!! Smile Smile Smile
[ Last edit by laundry July 07, 2013, 05:47 PM ] IP Logged

Nadal now has the same number of Masters+Slam titles combined as Federer does - that being 38. Federer has 5 more slams though, and 5 less masters. What title numbers will he have to get to for the general consensus to swing towards Nadal being the GOAT over Federer?
[ Last edit by laundry August 18, 2013, 09:10 PM ] IP Logged

This era is overrated. Aside of nadal djoker muzza and fed the competition has been awful, no guys challenging them whatsoever.
IP Logged

I think that's because the big 4 are so good that nobody else can touch them, this era has lasted 7 years now and tennis has more money, training and depth than ever - it can't just be that the players are weak over such a long period of time, new players have come up and they are nowhere near the big 4 either cause they're all a class above anything that's been seen before in my opinion.

The question is how much longer will it last? If anything since 2010 the big 4 have been dominating heavier than ever. I will count the period over when 2 slams or 5 masters are won by other players. With Federer out of the picture it is up to only the 3 of them to keep it going, I predict they will keep it going until 2016 ie the first time they will lose at least 2 slams is in 2017.
[ Last edit by laundry August 18, 2013, 09:30 PM ] IP Logged

And the masters of the year are all over again, the 'big 4' get another clean sweep and they manage it this time as a big 3 without Federer (although they were also close to doing that in 2011 too).

Seems like Djokovic will probably end his career with more masters titles than Federer.
[ Last edit by laundry November 03, 2013, 04:18 PM ] IP Logged

The run has been broken Surprised It was a very long run though had to end some time. But will a player outside 'the big 4' win one another one of the slams this year?? Seems unlikely still.
IP Logged

YES ******* GET IN. ******* COME ON!
IP Logged

The run has been broken Surprised It was a very long run though had to end some time. But will a player outside 'the big 4' win one another one of the slams this year?? Seems unlikely still.

Wimbledon or USO is most likely. Del Potro has a chance at Wimbledon and I'd fancy Del Potro or Wawrinka to do well at the USO.
IP Logged

Wimbledon is going to no one but andy!!!
IP Logged

Andy no longer in "big 4"
IP Logged

Andy no longer in "big 4"

Yes he is, its still Nadal, Djokovic, Murray and Federer.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Reply