Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Can Del Potro get back into top 5? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Can Del Potro get back into top 5?

(Read 1024 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 03:52 AM »

I fear Andy will lose a lot of his hair too. It's such a terrible thing to happen to men. Pete has lost a lot of hair already and looks older than he should.

Aileen, were you ever a fan of Pete? You know you like Raonic so I thought maybe you like Pete too?
Yes it's very sad that Andy has already started to go bald on top, and he says he's losing some hair at the temples too, and he's only just coming up to 25 (in May)!  Nature can be so cruel.  Maybe he might get a hair transplant ...

Yes I was quite a fan of Pete, although I only ever saw him play at Wimbledon.  Didn't have the facilities then like I do now.  The only thing that annoyed me was that his mouth always hung open a bit when he was playing.  He seemed a really nice guy though as well as being a great player.

Not struck on Raonic as a person from what I've heard and seen so far, but I enjoy watching him play.  Fortunately being a fan of the sport I can see beyond the man and admire the player.  When Federer was at his peak I could watch him for hours!

[ Last edit by Aileen February 28, 2012, 04:01 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 06:33 AM »

A hair transplant? Have you seen pictures of Wayne Rooney yuk No, Bruce Willis look is the only way to go.
Rafa's thinning too, stressful job-tennis pro.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #17 on: February 28, 2012, 06:52 AM »

robbie, may we talk about your hair now?
yes you may ..... lots of hair,as some lady said recently,lush and thick(and before you two say it, she didn't mean the owner) Super
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #18 on: February 28, 2012, 07:03 AM »

Can't stand anything about Delpotro! For me tennis is all about movement and he moves like an elephant on ice. And he's got a huge back-side, as big as his shoulders, very unusual for a young man Whistle
Philip, even when Delpotro was on a tear and won USOpen he still had a negative H2H against top 4. Why should his movement ever get better than then?
Fed gave a perfect master class on how to beat him. Took the ball very early and didn't give Delpot time on the ball. Also lots of variety helps. However, I think his best chance is on clay, and only place he's beaten Andy, so I think he'll be very dangerous at RG.Thankfully he'll get a high seed and won't be lurking in the early rounds.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #19 on: February 28, 2012, 08:49 PM »

Yes it's very sad that Andy has already started to go bald on top, and he says he's losing some hair at the temples too, and he's only just coming up to 25 (in May)!  Nature can be so cruel.  Maybe he might get a hair transplant ...

Yes I was quite a fan of Pete, although I only ever saw him play at Wimbledon.  Didn't have the facilities then like I do now.  The only thing that annoyed me was that his mouth always hung open a bit when he was playing.  He seemed a really nice guy though as well as being a great player.

Not struck on Raonic as a person from what I've heard and seen so far, but I enjoy watching him play.  Fortunately being a fan of the sport I can see beyond the man and admire the player.  When Federer was at his peak I could watch him for hours!

Well, when you truly like someone these things really don't matter. Just like I am asked a lot why I like Andy given that he always “screams” at this box, his on court attitude is so negative etc. and I always say that they don't bother me as much as they bother them. It's the person behind all that that matters to me. They are both great players and great people and frankly, I really don't need to see anything beyond that.

I don’t think it happened all the time in Pete’s case just like Andy doesn’t always shout at this box but when Pete felt the pressure and needed to concentrate a lot that he’d forget about his physical appearance in public. Just like I feel Andy forgets about others when he finds himself in trouble or having trouble with his game and he knows only his box would understand what he is going through. At a time like this, he becomes completely oblivious to his surroundings. I just pay more attention to these things especially when I like a person, but typically I pay attention anyway. I very rarely make fun of someone’s physical appearance especially if they seem a bit beyond their control.

I think I am very indifferent to both Raonic and Del Potro. In certain cases, I will pull for them; in other cases, I will probably support their opponents because I like them better. Luckily for Federer, I always find myself rooting against him. lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #20 on: February 28, 2012, 08:51 PM »

yes you may ..... lots of hair,as some lady said recently,lush and thick(and before you two say it, she didn't mean the owner) Super

pictures robbie, pictures. can't just take your words for it, now can I?
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 08:55 PM »

Why can't you take my word for it..... I believe and trust what you say.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #22 on: February 28, 2012, 09:13 PM »

And so you should but when it comes to men - know, they lie, they cheat.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #23 on: March 03, 2012, 01:29 AM »

Okay, this is not about Del Potro so I do apologize for it. I used to post on this other forum but I quit since last December. I've been posting there since 2008 so obviously I know everyone quite well. Now they are looking for me again (I have left a few times in the past lol but only to go back again because they always look for me) but I just don't have the time to post on both places to be honest. I already post much too much on here. Anyway, I was just lurking there today you know to see the reaction of our boy's win and to see what Federer fans have to say about tomorrow and I found the following posts by some of my friends there. It's so sweet. I may go back but only if Andy wins a Slam this year. Anyway, a lot of them are actually Federer fans but the following posts are by Nole, Murray and Nadal fans. I laughed a lot after reading it because it was funny too; that is though, if you knew history of it.

- sorry Herc, missing my gf Emma  . she's been ignoring me lately (am not his gf btw but lol) 

- that stubborn supporter of underdogs like murray must be missing us as well, alex......she is just being a stubborn stupid woman fooling herself by refraining to post here and share her feelings with tennis enthusiasts like us.......on this sad note, .......

lololo

- I know but she's been always so opinionated and funny. I loved it

- get back here emma and do your thing.

- Emma love, where are you, post please, it's been a good day for both of us  (this is Murray fan btw)

- emma playing hard to get.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awww....that's so sweet. Making me rethink my decision. am now a bit sad...Frown

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #24 on: March 03, 2012, 02:02 AM »

^^ Sorry Emma - couldn't get video to play.  Just got the message "An error occurred.  Please try again later."  

Sounds like you were very popular on the other forum, so, as you were obviously welcome and happy there, maybe you should consider going back.  I'm not in any way trying to chase you off MW, but maybe this just isn't the right place for you - unfamiliar territory, unfamiliar people, with two or three of whom you've already had an uncomfortable run-in.  Ultimately though, only you can decide - and MW won't be closing down any time soon, so you can still post on here when you feel like it.

backtotopic Getting back to Del Potro, I must admit that I was greatly impressed with his performance in Dubai, especially against Federer.  If he can keep this standard of play up I can see no reason why he shouldn't make the top five this year.  All he needs to do now is hang onto his belief that he can actually achieve this, because, until he does, then we're going to see chokes like we saw against Federer in the 2nd set tiebreak in yesterday's Dubai SF.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #25 on: March 03, 2012, 02:29 AM »

Though Del Potro put up a better fight this time, it's still a loss. Roger is not exactly getting younger, you know. Anyway, maybe it's only a matter of time now.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #26 on: March 03, 2012, 02:49 AM »

Sorry you couldn't play video. I wonder my other YouTube links on the music thread work at all. Anyway, actually, to be honest, I struggled there at first quite a bit too. It seems to be the case with me. I struggle in relationships at first for example. I don't know what to expect from them; or what should be expected from me etc. I always find it very tricky and that's partly because I can be very moody and sensitive a lot of the time. Oh well, who’s perfect anyway. I shouldn’t have lurked there. Crap. They know I read it from time to time. lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #27 on: March 03, 2012, 03:07 AM »

Sorry you couldn't play video. I wonder my other YouTube links on the music thread work at all. Anyway, actually, to be honest, I struggled there at first quite a bit too. It seems to be the case with me. I struggle in relationships at first for example. I don't know what to expect from them; or what should be expected from me etc. I always find it very tricky and that's partly because I can be very moody and sensitive a lot of the time. Oh well, who’s perfect anyway. I shouldn’t have lurked there. Crap. They know I read it from time to time. lol
I'd never even been on a forum before so had no idea what to expect, and therefore struggled a bit too until I felt that I'd been "accepted".
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #28 on: March 03, 2012, 02:07 PM »

Thanks Emma. Love the video music.  A little nostalgic but lovely nevertheless.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Can Del Potro get back into top 5? « Reply #29 on: March 03, 2012, 02:44 PM »

Thanks Emma. Love the video music.  A little nostalgic but lovely nevertheless.
Never expected to find Adrian Brett on a Del Potro thread! Great flute player.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »