Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Choosing the right cake 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Choosing the right cake

(Read 485 times)
gjr
Challenger Level

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Choosing the right cake « on: January 24, 2009, 02:15 PM »

You can't have your cake and eat it. Or can you?

When i saw the OOP for the night matches i was disappointed. Andy on Hisense but i had no ticket. Rafa V Haas on rod laver and I had a ticket. Gasquet/Gonzo on MCA with just a ground pass required.

I knew the Gasquet match would be the best but I wanted more cake. with Rafa starting later I decided to see if i could get a ticket for the andy match. To my surprise there was loads left. Picked one up easy at 5:30 and was thinking to myself, "You can have your cake and eat it". just needed the womens match on Rod laver to last a while and I could watch Andy and then Rafa.

While watching Andy destroy Melzer I saw the scores of the womens match and all was going to plan. Gasquet was 2 sets up and thinking to myself cool, i have made the right choice here. Gorging myself on the best cake available. Then Gonzo started to come back. After the Andy match I headed over to Rod Laver to finish off my cakes. Watching the Rafa match i kept seeing the scores of the Gonzo match and knew i'd chosen the wrong pieces of cake. Rafa was winning easy, I was tired and knew Rafa would finish it off so i left. I was full but I had chosen the wrong cake today and i knew it from the off.

So perhaps you can have your cake and eat it but is it the right slice of cake.

Enjoy!

This was gjr reporting semi live from the Australian Open.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Choosing the right cake « Reply #1 on: January 24, 2009, 02:19 PM »

You can't have your cake and eat it. Or can you?

When i saw the OOP for the night matches i was disappointed. Andy on Hisense but i had no ticket. Rafa V Haas on rod laver and I had a ticket. Gasquet/Gonzo on MCA with just a ground pass required.

I knew the Gasquet match would be the best but I wanted more cake. with Rafa starting later I decided to see if i could get a ticket for the andy match. To my surprise there was loads left. Picked one up easy at 5:30 and was thinking to myself, "You can have your cake and eat it". just needed the womens match on Rod laver to last a while and I could watch Andy and then Rafa.

While watching Andy destroy Melzer I saw the scores of the womens match and all was going to plan. Gasquet was 2 sets up and thinking to myself cool, i have made the right choice here. Gorging myself on the best cake available. Then Gonzo started to come back. After the Andy match I headed over to Rod Laver to finish off my cakes. Watching the Rafa match i kept seeing the scores of the Gonzo match and knew i'd chosen the wrong pieces of cake. Rafa was winning easy, I was tired and knew Rafa would finish it off so i left. I was full but I had chosen the wrong cake today and i knew it from the off.

So perhaps you can have your cake and eat it but is it the right slice of cake.

Enjoy!

This was gjr reporting semi live from the Australian Open.

Greedy bugger!  lol  Am very envious of you being able to have lots of cake...... only crumbs to be had here.....   Frown
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »