Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Cincinnati: The other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati: The other players

(Read 1530 times)
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #15 on: August 19, 2011, 03:31 PM »

I see that Serena is out too with a toe injury.

I think it's an excuse really, as she has been invited to Kim Kardashian's wedding at the weekend.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #16 on: August 19, 2011, 04:28 PM »

I think it's an excuse really, as she has been invited to Kim Kardashian's wedding at the weekend.

Is that where Tsonga has gone too? Beggers belief really.  I'd be a bit peed off if I were an organiser of the tournie.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #17 on: August 19, 2011, 07:25 PM »

Fish is in some nice form, would be nice to avoid him in the early stages of the USO.
Nadal is  "odd"?!
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #18 on: August 19, 2011, 08:04 PM »

Fish is in some nice form, would be nice to avoid him in the early stages of the USO.
Nadal is  "odd"?!
I don'tknow quite what is wrong - surely his fingers can't be having this effect. I would far rather Andy played Nadal (which he enjoys anyway) than this very in-form Mardy Fish - but I don't know why I'm saying that. What do you think?
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #19 on: August 19, 2011, 08:13 PM »

Mardy Fish d Rafael Nadal 6/3 6/4.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 08:21 PM »

Hmm, not sure re next match. Mardy is playing at the top of his game at the mo., and Andy isn't. Fish's serve has been terrific and and so was his ROS and he was winning baseline rallies against Rafa. Against Rafa wtf
So am agreeing with you Janscribe Frown
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #21 on: August 19, 2011, 09:12 PM »

Hmm, not sure re next match. Mardy is playing at the top of his game at the mo., and Andy isn't. Fish's serve has been terrific and and so was his ROS and he was winning baseline rallies against Rafa. Against Rafa wtf
So am agreeing with you Janscribe Frown
Nadal was hitting very hard, which really plays to Mardy's strength, take some of the speed off and give him difficult placements, then you break his rhythm. Andy needs to have his serve going well and I think he can batter the arogrant fish.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #22 on: August 19, 2011, 09:53 PM »

Nadal was hitting very hard, which really plays to Mardy's strength, take some of the speed off and give him difficult placements, then you break his rhythm. Andy needs to have his serve going well and I think he can batter the arogrant fish.
Andy pulls off many suprises - it's certainly not beyond him but Fish is full of confidence and Andy is going to have to play it cool in the face of all Mardy will throw at him.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #23 on: August 19, 2011, 10:06 PM »

And out goes Roger now! Really is Andy's time and time to step up and meet the challenge.
Would be much happier v. Fish if it were best of 5.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #24 on: August 19, 2011, 10:07 PM »

This awesome big 3's going well.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #25 on: August 19, 2011, 10:09 PM »

This awesome big 3's going well.
Smile
IP Logged
scrapaddict

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #26 on: August 19, 2011, 10:27 PM »

Very sorry to see Nadal in trouble but I am sure he will be back for the USO!!!
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #27 on: August 20, 2011, 02:32 AM »

I don'tknow quite what is wrong - surely his fingers can't be having this effect. I would far rather Andy played Nadal (which he enjoys anyway) than this very in-form Mardy Fish - but I don't know why I'm saying that. What do you think?

I wouldn't say the fingers are the crucial factor. Nadal is way off, in my opinion. Seems he isn't fully focused on the game right now. Maybe the Djokovic defeats have taken their part too?! Probably it isn't easy facing the fact that there is a man who has taken your crown and you can't do much about it. (Some similatities with Federer-Nadal?)

On the other side, Fish likes this tournament. He was in the finals last year and he plays some nice tennis in the last few months. Regardless, Andy is a "bright player" and I'm sure he will find a way to cope with Fish.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Cincinnati: The other players « Reply #28 on: August 20, 2011, 08:29 AM »

I agree Jan! But then Stinky hasn't got us all behind him sending him 'The Force'!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »