Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  DAVIS CUP 2012 - E-A Zone I - GBR v Slovakia - 10-12 Feb General discussion 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18 Go Down Reply
Author

DAVIS CUP 2012 - E-A Zone I - GBR v Slovakia - 10-12 Feb General discussion

(Read 3724 times)
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

He,s a bit jolly hockey sticks but there,s worse about.

So.. no apostrophes on your new toy then?..I'd demand a refund..
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Arghhh!!  Disappointed but not surprised by Ward's performance.  He can't handle pressure.

So 1-1 it is.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

I was surprised by today's result.  I thought that Dan would blow it big time and Ward might get a result.  

1-1 is a good result for GB.  If the Colin / Ross can win tomorrow then Dan may get the win on Sunday.  Ward won't make it.
[ Last edit by Philip February 10, 2012, 10:59 PM ] IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Dont believe in Jesus.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

I said 'apostrophes' my dear...not apostles.
I give you 4/10 for that one.
What else you got?
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Just back from Braehead. Dan was brilliant.  A real shame James couldn't pull off the win.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

I was surprised by today's result.  I thought that Dan would blow it big time and Ward might get a result.
I thought the same, but tennis is a strange sport.  DCs are a bit like Slams - full of surprises, some pleasant, some not so.

1-1 is a good result for GB.  If the Colin / Ross can win tomorrow then Dan may get the win on Sunday.  Ward won't make it.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for Colin/Ross, because if they lose, then, as Boogers would say "tie over!".  Even if they win it's going to put a lot of pressure on Dan.  I was hugely impressed with him today, but, even although today's win will have boosted his confidence, could he cope with having the outcome of the tie resting on his shoulders?  Ward may be our No.2 but (a) his game is suspect and (b) he can't cope with pressure.  Even his coach, when interviewed, sounded far from happy about him.  His chances of beating Lacko are extremely slim.

Just back from Braehead. Dan was brilliant.  A real shame James couldn't pull off the win.
Good to hear from somebody who was there.  Yes, Dan surprised even himself, I think.  He certainly seemed a bit shell-shocked during his interview!  Ward's loss didn't surprise me for the reasons stated above, and when the 4th set went to a TB, defeat was inevitable.

The crowd support seemed pretty good, so what was the atmosphere really like?  Do you reckon Andy's absence made a noticeable difference?

IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

I got back from Braehead about 30 mins ago, approximately an hour later than it should have been. Rolling Eyes lol

Ward: Too many poor misses when inside the baseline and also too many poor returns behind the 2nd serve. Frown

Evans: Surely the best he's ever played for a whole entire match!

The crowd support seemed pretty good, so what was the atmosphere really like?  Do you reckon Andy's absence made a noticeable difference?
I think the 2 uni groups (Stirling and Glasgow) really help get the atmosphere going from basically the very start. As for a difference in Andy not being there... don't think there was much of a difference
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

I think the 2 uni groups (Stirling and Glasgow) really help get the atmosphere going from basically the very start. As for a difference in Andy not being there... don't think there was much of a difference.
Yes these two groups were definitely making their presence heard, as usual! Smile  I got the feeling the atmosphere wasn't much different, but it's a bit difficult to tell sometimes when you're watching on TV.  Certainly Evans was getting the crowd very excited, but to me that seemed to start slipping away the longer Ward's match went on.

I think Evans probably played the best match of his career, which was a great boost for him.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 11, 2012, 01:01 AM ] IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Yeah, the excitement peaked when Evans won and then most people went to the toilet or to get food etc and the atmosphere was relatively flat (compared to what it was) for the first set and a half of Ward's match. Then there was more excitement when Ward got back into the match and won the 2nd set. Think folk gradually started to leave after that.

Play should really have started an hour or two earlier.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

I must say I was surprised at such a late start.  What if the first rubber had gone to 5 as well?  Think re-scheduling should be considered.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

If both rubbers had gone to five then it would be just about midnight before play finishes and at that time there is zero buses stop at Braehead...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Exactly - and the players would be left playing in a virtually empty arena, which would be unfair both to them and the spectators who wouldn't be getting value for money.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

A woman after my own heart! When in doubt, leave 'em out!

Looks as if Livescorehunter is streaming Davis Cup today.
[ Last edit by blueberryhill February 11, 2012, 10:12 AM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Anyone out there watching this???

cmon GB
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 18 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »