Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  US Open 2013 - The other players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] Go Down Reply
Author Topic: US Open 2013 - The other players  (Read 16683 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #1515 on: September 10, 2013, 11:21 PM »

Carreno-Busta has won 11.

Any idea why he didn't enter US Open?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #1516 on: September 11, 2013, 07:24 PM »

Second most succesful ?

Nadal surging ahead is not a bad thing, i Remember Federer saying that tough competition is what made him still hungry and look for that little bit extra in trying to stay level, Andy & Novak will simply look for ways to improve their own games in order to match Rafa's level, both of them may have been complacent, but they will now have added incentive to improve.

Not sure how people can think Andy has had a poor year when he's the 2nd most succesful player on tour currently.
I'd been thinking on rather similar lines gnome. Andy has beaten Nole twice now in slam finals.  He knows he can do it whereas he hasn't beaten Rafa in a slam final and so the challenge is that much bigger. And Andy thrives on challenges.  It may be just me trying to find silver linings but I'd love to see Andy rise to that challenge next year (and also in WTF)
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #1517 on: September 12, 2013, 11:19 AM »

Nigel (grabcopy) started a pub thread when Andy won the USO.
That would be a good hang-out for anyone interested to re-toast to the his glorious moment.

Would have to look for it.

I'd forgotten about that. Didn't really take off.

http://www.murraysworld.com/forum/chit-chat/the-dog-and-duck/90/
IP Logged
BigNose
Challenger Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #1518 on: September 12, 2013, 01:04 PM »

Assuming Nadal finishes the year at no.1, and realistically I can't see him being stopped now, I think it's now a race for the no.2 spot, and though I haven't looked at the numbers to work out if it is mathematically possible, I still would not be surprised if Andy finishes the year back at no.2.

The difference is Joker's performance in Masters. He hardly ever loses b4 the semis. Andy has won a Masters but I dont think he's gone past the QFs in any other ones. He's been hopelessly inconsistent in these events and played well below his ranking. OK he's done well in the Slams but even then not as good as Joker.
IP Logged
warehouse

Re: US Open 2013 - The other players « Reply #1519 on: September 20, 2013, 12:24 PM »

Boring 2013
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 101 [102] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »