Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Davis Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Davis Cup 2013  (Read 3449 times)
CoolDude
Futures Level

us open champion 2012

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #15 on: February 02, 2013, 07:51 PM »

wow so long, i actually thought it was in at 30-40
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #16 on: February 02, 2013, 08:02 PM »

crazy stuff
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #17 on: February 02, 2013, 11:02 PM »

After 7 hrs 2 mins Czechs win 24-22 on 13th match point (all to them), with a Chiudinelli double fault.

It's a real shame that the match had to end that way. Wawrinka and Chiudinelli did so well to keep holding serve when they were serving to stay in the match. Glad I just watched the last hour of the match though, definitely couldn't have sat watching it for 7 hours!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #18 on: February 03, 2013, 11:24 AM »

Second longest match in history apparently, after the Isner/Mahut match at Wimbledon. Incredible.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #19 on: February 03, 2013, 11:42 AM »

Second longest match in history apparently, after the Isner/Mahut match at Wimbledon. Incredible.

Must be the longest continuous match then.

Stan and Tomas about to start their singles match now!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #20 on: February 03, 2013, 04:49 PM »

Will the Swiss team be relegated now or not?

Berdych and Wawa played over 10 hours on court in a 24 hour period.
[ Last edit by janetx February 03, 2013, 04:54 PM ] IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Will the Swiss team be relegated now or not?

Berdych and Wawa played over 10 hours on court in a 24 hour period.

Switzerland won't be automatically relegated - they'll have a chance to stay in the world group if they win the playoff tie in September. Feel for Stan - he fought so hard this weekend, coming so close in the doubles and then fighting back today from 2 sets down to almost taking it to a fifth set. Very impressive effort from him and Berdych this weekend.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 10:55 PM »

Spain have been knocked out of the Davis Cup in the first round for the first time since 2006. First time in the QFs for Canada - great result for them.

Will be strange to see Spain in the world group playoffs - hope if team GB manage to beat Russia and progress to the playoffs that we avoid them!
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #23 on: February 03, 2013, 11:00 PM »

Spain have been knocked out of the Davis Cup in the first round for the first time since 2006. First time in the QFs for Canada - great result for them.

Will be strange to see Spain in the world group playoffs - hope if team GB manage to beat Russia and progress to the playoffs that we avoid them!

Would not have expected that.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #24 on: February 04, 2013, 10:03 AM »

If GB lose to Russia in April we have to face Slovenia in the relegation play-off - their team that lost to Poland this weekend included Zemlja (WR63) and Kavcic (WR70). Kavcic beat Ward in straight sets last year and Zemlja did the same to Goodall at Wimbledon.

Basically without Murray, or another Evans-esque upset, we have no chance.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #25 on: February 04, 2013, 11:00 AM »

I can see Andy playing in September to help avoid relegation but don't see the point in him 'busting a gut' to try for promotion - the World Group is beyond where our Team is overall right now.

Also, by September he'll be a 3 time GS Winner, inc Wimbledon Champion and retaining USO - also World No. 1 - yep, he'll play Davis Cup then - imagine the welcome during the team intros!!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #26 on: February 04, 2013, 08:31 PM »

Classy comments from Alex Corretja to the Canadian press:

“You didn’t beat a B team. You beat Spain. In Spain, we have lots of good players. We didn’t have Nadal, Ferrer, Almagro, Lopez . . . it is true. But I say, the Canadian people should enjoy this. It’s a great opportunity for them. They’re a very dangerous team. They have a good chance to reach the (Davis Cup) semis. Canada beat Spain 3-2. When Barcelona plays soccer against Real Madrid, the only thing that counts is who wins. Never mind who the 11 players are. If we had beaten Canada without Milos Raonic, do you think I would be sad for that? No. I would be so happy. I would not look on it like we beat Canada’s B team. The B team, the C team, I don’t care. They beat Spain.”
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 04:36 PM »

Classy comments from Alex Corretja to the Canadian press:

“You didn’t beat a B team. You beat Spain. In Spain, we have lots of good players. We didn’t have Nadal, Ferrer, Almagro, Lopez . . . it is true. But I say, the Canadian people should enjoy this. It’s a great opportunity for them. They’re a very dangerous team. They have a good chance to reach the (Davis Cup) semis. Canada beat Spain 3-2. When Barcelona plays soccer against Real Madrid, the only thing that counts is who wins. Never mind who the 11 players are. If we had beaten Canada without Milos Raonic, do you think I would be sad for that? No. I would be so happy. I would not look on it like we beat Canada’s B team. The B team, the C team, I don’t care. They beat Spain.”

That.Is.Awesome.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #28 on: April 10, 2013, 11:42 AM »

GB away to Croatia - Cilic and co. Tough.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 11:56 AM »

GB away to Croatia - Cilic and co. Tough.
Don't think so look at the H2H 9 to 1.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »