Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Davis Cup 2013 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Davis Cup 2013

(Read 5116 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 09:32 PM »

Maybe  not having the Olympics in between Wimbledon and the US open will make a difference.

Good point, but squeezing these DC weekends into the schedule seems really tough on any player who goes far in the previous tournaments.

First round was just after the AO. Djoko played in Belgium, on clay, 5 days days after playing Andy in the final in Melbourne. GB had a bye, so the question didn't arise for Andy. Fed, Nadal (obviously) and Ferrer didn't play that weekend, and now Switzerland and Spain are both in the World Group play-offs straight after the US Open. Wonder who will play in those. World Group SFs will also be played that weekend - Serbia v Canada, Czech Rep v Argentina.

If GB do go into the World Group, there's likely to be a lot of pressure on Andy to play every tie next year. Which will be 2014 of course, and then what.....?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 09:37 PM »

Well, this is the problem.  GB belong in their current group and not in the World Group so doesn't matter if they lose in Croatia so what's the point Andy playing.  Now it might have been worth Andy playing in a relegation play-off (if GB had lost to Russia) to keep us in current group.  To be fair, Ward and Evans were magnificent
IP Logged
mina

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 09:43 PM »

good luck team GB , croatia is easier team , specially andy will play
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #48 on: April 12, 2013, 11:33 AM »

Maybe  not having the Olympics in between Wimbledon and the US open will make a difference.
and it probably won't be as emotionally draining as when he won his first slam.  But even so, it's asking a lot of himself if he does make it to the final and if he wins he has to stick around for media work on the tuesday so probably wouldn't get to Croatia till wednesday morning at the earliest.  So no time to practise on clay or get over jet lag.  Could you imagine a scenario where he says he'll play but is so knackered that Leon actually chooses someone else over him?  Or as WW suggests would Andy in any state be better than no Andy when a top player is in the other team?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #49 on: April 12, 2013, 01:27 PM »

I reckon he'll be in the squad and probably named to play - if as match time approaches it's obvious Andy isn't fit to play then he'll be pulled,from first match. I'm pretty sure if a player is injured this is allowed so I'm sure Leon will know what he's doing . So we could be wondering whether andy will play right up to the last minute.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #50 on: April 12, 2013, 02:38 PM »

oh well nothing new in being on tenterhooks where our Andy is concerned - though I'll be on holiday then anyway.  Carefully timed not to go until after USO final - not taking anything for granted of course.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #51 on: April 12, 2013, 02:57 PM »

Carefully timed not to go until after USO final - not taking anything for granted of course.

O i do that with Wimbledon - drives my friends nuts.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #52 on: April 13, 2013, 09:51 PM »

All i can say is, (and this is being very unpatriotic of me) i'm glad he gets to defend the US open first before his DC responsibilites and not vice versa.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #53 on: April 13, 2013, 10:28 PM »

Me 2 gnome  yes
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #54 on: April 13, 2013, 10:29 PM »

I don't see the big issue with Andy playing DC 5 days after USO finishes (granted he makes the final).

He's a professional, and he's always playing a new tournament days after another one has ended.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #55 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30 PM »

I don't see the big issue with Andy playing DC 5 days after USO finishes (granted he makes the final).

He's a professional, and he's always playing a new tournament days after another one has ended.

You never see an issue, I can tell you use MTF.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #56 on: April 13, 2013, 10:30 PM »

You never see an issue, I can tell you use MTF.

Lol yes I do see issues...

but here, I don't see one....

Seriously.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #57 on: April 13, 2013, 10:31 PM »

Lol yes I do see issues...

but here, I don't see one....

Seriously.

Have you noticed the flood of people rooting Mandy to win MC on MTF lol
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 10:31 PM »

Have you noticed the flood of people rooting Mandy to win MC on MTF lol

They're trolling.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Davis Cup 2013 « Reply #59 on: April 13, 2013, 10:32 PM »

U S open is much more important surely if it was other way around you would be worried bout him maybe picking up an injury or being fatigued?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »