Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Davis Cup - GB v Hungary 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Reply
Author

Davis Cup - GB v Hungary

(Read 4447 times)
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #135 on: September 18, 2011, 05:10 PM »

Great to see Colin in singles action.
IP Logged
marg
Junior

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #136 on: September 18, 2011, 05:13 PM »

Well done Andy; magnanamous in his win over his opponent who played really well.  Time for a rest now.  Well done to all the team
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #137 on: September 18, 2011, 06:16 PM »

Off topic but it says in the Sunday Express that Rafa is thinking of sacking uncle Toni!

I think that has been mentioned before but nothing came of it.
IP Logged
toady
Junior

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #138 on: September 19, 2011, 10:46 AM »

Didn't get to see any of the tennis yesterday, but due to a babysitting mix-up, I was at Braehead whilst my daughter and her partner did watch the matches. She took my grandson in to watch the warm-ups (he's 3) and she said during warm-up, Andy took a nasty blow to his knee from a ball. Grandson came out from practice enthusing about how hard Andy Murray hits the ball (he's been running round with his own tennis racquet since Wimbledon, shouting 'I'm being Andy Murray'! ) and when the matches proper stated I took him for  a little picnic and a play in the play area at the back of Braehead. During the picnic I noticed a big white tent, investigated further, and discovered it was the 'media centre'. I'd been following the Murray match via twitter, and reading how ill Andy appeared to be and how he was struggling. Anyhow after the match, grandson and I wandered along to the area of the media centre, and as we walked past the side window saw Andy giving his post match interviews, so we sat by the river and waited. When he came out, we and another lady were the only people there, and Andy was great, and had his pic taken with my grandson who was just thrilled. In the car on the way home he kept saying 'Andy Murray talked to me!'  Just posting this as props to the man, even when obviously not at his best, for taking time for a 3 year old. This old cynic was very impressed.

Having read the contents of his interview in the papers and online today, have to say I  agree with the scheduling issue. The Olympics obviously complicates things for next year, but I feel very strongly that if the Davis Cup is to survive, it needs to be treated with more respect worldwide. The fiasco in Australia this weekend just confirmed my thoughts on that.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #139 on: September 19, 2011, 10:55 AM »

Awww Toady.......That's wonderful! Yes, I do think they need to sort things out.......Andy looked positively ill! I've never seen him look so bad.....poor lad! Quite worrying!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #140 on: September 19, 2011, 11:13 AM »

Rafa must have the constitution of an ox - he said in his press conference that he was exhausted but that certainly wasn't obvious in his demolition of first Gasquet and then Tsonga.  Having said that, I think the powers that be must take note of the state of the top 4 players this weekend - their participation in DC is severely in doubt if things don't change and quickly.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #141 on: September 19, 2011, 08:13 PM »

Decent chance of me being on TV today. At the end of the court, 3rd row from the front!
Eurosport just showed 2 hours of the coverage and I did spot myself a few times. lol
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #142 on: September 19, 2011, 10:00 PM »

The fiasco in Australia this weekend just confirmed my thoughts on that.

What happened?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #143 on: September 20, 2011, 06:09 AM »

What happened?
I think it was this -

"The Swiss [Wawrinka] was leading Hewitt 4-6 6-4 6-7 (7-9) 6-4 5-3 in the deciding set when the umpire suspended play due to bad light with the Australian to serve ....."

That meant finishing off the match yesterday, which Wawrinka did in just one game.

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #144 on: September 20, 2011, 09:51 AM »

Really bad luck on Lleyton to have to come back cold and serve to stay in the tie.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #145 on: October 03, 2011, 12:42 AM »

Didn't get to see any of the tennis yesterday, but due to a babysitting mix-up, I was at Braehead whilst my daughter and her partner did watch the matches. She took my grandson in to watch the warm-ups (he's 3) and she said during warm-up, Andy took a nasty blow to his knee from a ball. Grandson came out from practice enthusing about how hard Andy Murray hits the ball (he's been running round with his own tennis racquet since Wimbledon, shouting 'I'm being Andy Murray'! ) and when the matches proper stated I took him for  a little picnic and a play in the play area at the back of Braehead. During the picnic I noticed a big white tent, investigated further, and discovered it was the 'media centre'. I'd been following the Murray match via twitter, and reading how ill Andy appeared to be and how he was struggling. Anyhow after the match, grandson and I wandered along to the area of the media centre, and as we walked past the side window saw Andy giving his post match interviews, so we sat by the river and waited. When he came out, we and another lady were the only people there, and Andy was great, and had his pic taken with my grandson who was just thrilled. In the car on the way home he kept saying 'Andy Murray talked to me!'  Just posting this as props to the man, even when obviously not at his best, for taking time for a 3 year old. This old cynic was very impressed.

Having read the contents of his interview in the papers and online today, have to say I  agree with the scheduling issue. The Olympics obviously complicates things for next year, but I feel very strongly that if the Davis Cup is to survive, it needs to be treated with more respect worldwide. The fiasco in Australia this weekend just confirmed my thoughts on that.
Lovely to read that Toadie.  I can imagine how thrilled your grandson was - I would have been too!
IP Logged
Bailey
Satellite Level

Come on Andy!!!!

Re: Davis Cup - GB v Hungary « Reply #146 on: October 04, 2011, 03:08 PM »

[
I think it was this -

"The Swiss [Wawrinka] was leading Hewitt 4-6 6-4 6-7 (7-9) 6-4 5-3 in the deciding set when the umpire suspended play due to bad light with the Australian to serve ....."

That meant finishing off the match yesterday, which Wawrinka did in just one game.

I watched this on tv and Wawrinka was on the back foot for most of the match and Hewitt should of won Frown
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »