Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April

(Read 3493 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 09:13 PM »

I'm fickle and have jumped at a chance of a ticket to Murrayfield on Saturday. Anyone want a ticket to Braehead? If you let me know in the next 24 hours then I've got time to post it-you can have it for free, just want to see it used.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #16 on: April 05, 2012, 12:45 AM »

^ Very generous Hazy, but the cost of the flights kill it for me. Wink
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #17 on: April 05, 2012, 01:17 AM »

Had a phone call from my daughter who was at Braehead this afternoon, saying she had just seen Josh Goodall in a burger place- and then lo and behold the news broke about Wardy. We're all going again for the 3 days, and am looking forward to it. Not sure if the Stirling Uni bunch will be there as it is holidays though, and they are going to the Fed Cup in a couple of weeks too. After last time, I'm making no predictions but just going to enjoy it all. Watch out for a repeat of my 'middle aged woman goes though gamut of emotions' repeat on Eurosport!

We've had  a great run of 4 in a row at Braehead, have enjoyed every single minute. Am prepared to concede the ties should move around when Wimbledon and Queens go mobile  lmao

I think Wimbledon is a little different but perhaps Queens and another venue could alternate like Toronto and Montreal do. 

I think the next tie needs to be away from Braehead. It's served GB well so far and I understand that the crowd is passionate up there, but it needs to move around. What are the Welsh tennis fans like? Any decent facilities in Cardiff? lol

This is GB Davis cup and Wales and Northern Ireland could do with a shout too. yes
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #18 on: April 05, 2012, 06:17 PM »

I'm fickle and have jumped at a chance of a ticket to Murrayfield on Saturday. Anyone want a ticket to Braehead? If you let me know in the next 24 hours then I've got time to post it-you can have it for free, just want to see it used.

Shame another empty seat!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #19 on: April 05, 2012, 07:43 PM »

Shame another empty seat!

I did want to go- but the chance to watch the Heineken cup match of Edinburgh v Toulouse was too tempting Smile Also was going to be on my own where I'm going with friends to the rugby yay
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #20 on: April 05, 2012, 09:05 PM »

Hope Josh Goodall can do an "Evans" and stun the opposition.  Am at Braehead now and here for the three days.  Have a feeling the next tie, if a home tie will be played elsewhere, quite right even though the Braehead ties have been good for us fans north of the border!!!  Hope it will be somewhere within reasonable travelling as have a feeling that Andy will play in September as it fits with his schedule.  Kind of knew that Andy would not play this tie and totally agree with his decision, much better for him to do a concentrated training block with Mr L as he has a lot of points to defend in the next few weeks.  Will cheer on the team but it is a big ask of them but hey if they pull it off then good on them and they will have justified their place in the team. 
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #21 on: April 05, 2012, 10:07 PM »

We'll only have a tie in September if we beat Belgium.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #22 on: April 06, 2012, 01:05 PM »

At Braehead. Turns out that the seats I'd orginally been sold didn't exist! So now in fairly decent seats.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #23 on: April 06, 2012, 01:27 PM »

Bloody eurosport comms - Frew Macmillan and Chris Babant I think - calling Andy a disgrace for not playing and saying he owes it to LTA and his country.  Making out this is such a crucial tie, when it isn't unless they really think GB belongs in world group already.  At least Andrew Castle acknowledged Andy's case even though disappointed.  Leon Smith good in pointing out we also all want Andy to win a slam and become #1 .
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #24 on: April 06, 2012, 01:33 PM »

Bloody eurosport comms - Frew Macmillan and Chris Babant I think - calling Andy a disgrace for not playing and saying he owes it to LTA and his country.  Making out this is such a crucial tie, when it isn't unless they really think GB belongs in world group already.  At least Andrew Castle acknowledged Andy's case even though disappointed.  Leon Smith good in pointing out we also all want Andy to win a slam and become #1 .

They just can't resist having a go. Frew also said that Andy had plenty of time to put himself first.  Does he? Yes, sod those slams and Olympic medals Andy.  Make it your aim to get us back into the world group.  You'd thing Davis Cup was the pinnacle of the sport.
IP Logged
Tonedial
Challenger Level

WORTH THE WAIT

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #25 on: April 06, 2012, 01:55 PM »

http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-2/18/116/v-391626.html
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #26 on: April 06, 2012, 02:13 PM »

They must be among my least favourite comms.  They are always so sanctimonious in slagging off Andy.   
Anyway good for Goodall, winning 1st set.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #27 on: April 06, 2012, 02:37 PM »

What right does MacMillan have to comment on the DC Team anyway - he's South African for goodness sake.  It just shows what little he knows if he thinks Andy should fly home from Miami to play on a hard court indoors and then try to win outdoors on the clay next week - totally unrealistic.   I don't see Nadal of Djoko playing DC this week but nobody berates them for that!  The trouble is that many of those watching will not know much about tennis and will take these commies at their word - just adding fuel to the anti-Andy fire.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #28 on: April 06, 2012, 03:06 PM »

I did want to go- but the chance to watch the Heineken cup match of Edinburgh v Toulouse was too tempting Smile Also was going to be on my own where I'm going with friends to the rugby yay
Hope you didn,t miss the tennis only for Edinburgh Toulouse.
[ Last edit by robbie April 06, 2012, 03:17 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup: GB vs Belgium 6-8 April « Reply #29 on: April 06, 2012, 04:22 PM »

What right does MacMillan have to comment on the DC Team anyway - he's South African for goodness sake.  It just shows what little he knows if he thinks Andy should fly home from Miami to play on a hard court indoors and then try to win outdoors on the clay next week - totally unrealistic.   I don't see Nadal of Djoko playing DC this week but nobody berates them for that!  The trouble is that many of those watching will not know much about tennis and will take these commies at their word - just adding fuel to the anti-Andy fire.

and you can be sure they'd be moaning if Andy made a mess of the clay court season.  They clearly don't like him so whatever he does will never satisfy their narrow little minds.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »