Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced

(Read 3566 times)
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #135 on: January 27, 2014, 08:11 PM »

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/sport/blogs/the-first-word/andy-murray-s-davis-cup-mistake-1.189761
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #136 on: January 27, 2014, 08:23 PM »

Although not ideal I understand Andy's reasoning behind playing DC.  Without him we stand no chance at all against the Americans, and he knows it.  I believe THAT is the reason he wants to play. 
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #137 on: January 27, 2014, 08:26 PM »

Trouble is, he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. Andy has had a lot of carping aimed his way over not playing DC ties. He doesn't deserve that now.

I just hope the back is okay and the DC environment does Andy good. However much he loves DC I just don't think he would play if he thought the risks were too great.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #138 on: January 27, 2014, 08:28 PM »

Although not ideal I understand Andy's reasoning behind playing DC.  Without him we stand no chance at all against the Americans, and he knows it.  I believe THAT is the reason he wants to play. 

Not ideal? Wanted to play because he has no faith in his team? Both wrong, he said he would participate in every DC tie this year, because we are back in the WG. It's also very ideal because he's playing on clay, which gives him a bit of practice ahead of the clay season.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #139 on: January 27, 2014, 08:30 PM »

I meant not ideal regarding his recovery! and do you really think that James and Kyle could beat Isner and  Querry ?  I know he said he will play all the ties, do you really think if it was going to effect his back he would still do it if we were not playing the Americans (whose doubles team are World no 1?)
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #140 on: January 27, 2014, 08:32 PM »

I meant not ideal regarding his recovery! and do you really think that James and Kyle could beat Isner and  Querry ?  I know he said he will play all the ties, do you really think if it was going to effect his back he would still do it if we were not playing the Americans (whose doubles team are World no 1?)

How is it not ideal for his recovery? He's playing tennis, the more he plays tennis and the more he plays on different surfaces the better.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #141 on: January 27, 2014, 08:34 PM »

The switch to Clay (which is also not good for his knees) from hard this early and the fact he switches straight back again afterwards.  Its the surface NOT the fact he will be playing tennis that isnt ideal for his recovery.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #142 on: January 27, 2014, 08:40 PM »

The switch to Clay (which is also not good for his knees) from hard this early and the fact he switches straight back again afterwards.  Its the surface NOT the fact he will be playing tennis that isnt ideal for his recovery.
Surely his next tournament is in Mexico and is on Clay, so he won't be switching back to hard until the American swing.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #143 on: January 27, 2014, 08:41 PM »

Well not according to that article up there.......
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #144 on: January 27, 2014, 08:49 PM »

Surely his next tournament is in Mexico and is on Clay, so he won't be switching back to hard until the American swing.

No, as Gangsta confirmed for me the other day, Acapulco is on hard, so Andy, obviously, is going to have to switch from hard to clay, then back to hard for Acapulco, Indian Wells and Miami, before the clay season starts.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #145 on: January 27, 2014, 09:50 PM »

Acapulco is 3 weeks away after DC. It's not ideal changing surfaces but at least it's not the following week.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #146 on: January 27, 2014, 10:39 PM »

I would assume he would have discussed this with Mr Bender who he is paying (presumably plenty of money) to advise him when to play and when not to play?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #147 on: January 27, 2014, 11:26 PM »

Yes, id think between andy, mr b and the rest of his team they are well placed to make the best drcisions and i really dont think andy wd do anything he thought wd set his recovery back. We need to put our faith in his decisions.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #148 on: January 28, 2014, 06:28 AM »

^
Dunno, in the past Andy and his "team" made a really c*** decision when he played with a wrist injury.
One man can't carry the team, especially a man recovering from back surgery.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #149 on: January 28, 2014, 06:57 AM »

He didnt want to play with that injury, he discussed it with people (not sure he had his team as such then) and his then coach (I think it was Brad) said he was to play.  Andy regretted that decision ever since
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »