Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced  (Read 2622 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 11:51 PM »

San Diego yesterday - my son currently there with his GF and quite near the venue apparently.  Asked him to check it out.

* 1001587_10153414060030181_569878106_n[1].jpeg (31.99 KB, 480x480 - viewed 192 times.)
IP Logged
rob92
Challenger Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 12:34 AM »

Considering Andy has had a naff back for the last two years I have no idea what a non injured Murray will be like on Clay. I think 2011 was the last time Andy played without the back problem but even then he managed to injury himself some way.  Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 12:53 AM »

Considering Andy has had a naff back for the last two years I have no idea what a non injured Murray will be like on Clay. I think 2011 was the last time Andy played without the back problem but even then he managed to injury himself some way.  Rolling Eyes

2011 was the best clay season for him EVER. I'm amazingly confident about the whole of next year.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #18 on: January 21, 2014, 04:40 PM »

Team announced today: Andy, James Ward, Kyle Edmund, Colin Fleming. Dom Inglot reserve. No Dan, Ross or Jamie M.

No surprises in the US team - Isner, Querrey and the Bryans.

There's been quite a lot of talk recently about Kyle and Wardy being chosen over Dan because of their greater experience on clay. Dan pulled out of a warm up tournament in Hawaii this week, and some reports say that cost him his place. It may be that he knew he wouldn't be in it anyway. He has tweeted "Gut feeling normally is the right feeling!"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/25822049

Also Davis Cup: BBC Sport to show Britain's World Group matches
All of Great Britain's Davis Cup matches over the next three years will be broadcast on BBC Sport.
Coverage starts with the clay court tie against the USA in San Diego from 31 January to 2 February.
Matches will be broadcast on BBC Two and BBC Three with commentary on BBC Radio 5 live and 5 live sports extra

[ Last edit by Elena January 21, 2014, 04:58 PM ] IP Logged
eeyorebob
Satellite Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #19 on: January 21, 2014, 07:45 PM »

Thank goodness the BBC have the Davis cup matches!!!! means I can watch them live and not resort to streaming! woohooo happy dance
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #20 on: January 21, 2014, 10:32 PM »

Anyone got any idea on timings? I know they are 8 hours behind but have they said what time play will start?
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #21 on: January 21, 2014, 10:36 PM »

Anyone got any idea on timings? I know they are 8 hours behind but have they said what time play will start?
Think the Singles usually start at 1pm so guess that means 9pm in the UK
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #22 on: January 21, 2014, 10:37 PM »

Sounds like a nice way to spend the evening!
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 10:40 PM »

Think the Singles usually start at 1pm so guess that means 9pm in the UK

Thanks Mackem that will be good.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #24 on: January 22, 2014, 05:40 PM »

Not sure I want Andy to play tbh. Change of surface, to his worst, too soon.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #25 on: January 22, 2014, 05:59 PM »

Not sure I want Andy to play tbh. Change of surface, to his worst, too soon.

Didn't seem to do much damage against Croatia, did it?
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #26 on: January 22, 2014, 06:53 PM »

B4 op. All change now. Andy's full recovery is paramount.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #27 on: January 22, 2014, 06:58 PM »

^ I think enjoying his tennis is paramount to him, and maybe playing Davis Cup makes him feel good?
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #28 on: January 22, 2014, 07:02 PM »

^ I think enjoying his tennis is paramount to him, and maybe playing Davis Cup makes him feel good?

But the feel good factor would only be temporary.    He could be risking his recovery in the long term.

B4 op. All change now. Andy's full recovery is paramount.

I'm with you bbh.    It's not worth the risk.

IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Davis Cup - USA vs GB Venue announced « Reply #29 on: January 22, 2014, 07:03 PM »

Eurosport are an alternative watch USA /GB 6.30 pm 31st Jan. Also screening the other matches but I can't remember who they are between.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »