Andy Murray vs Facundo Arguello, Monday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld  >  Tennis Talk  >  Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch?
Pages: [1] 2 Reply

Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch?

Alright I'll probably get a ton of hate for this, but I actually like Berdych and in 2010 was quite happy when he made the final of Wimbledon. Sure he can be a bit of a twat on court, and some of his actions are questionable, but he's a good player to watch and some of the power he can get behind his shots is great. Also off court he seems like a chill guy who just enjoys playing the game and having fun.

Cue the hate  nervous
IP Logged

Now you have done it. Hang him I say!!
IP Logged

Nope.
IP Logged

Alright I'll probably get a ton of hate for this, but I actually like Berdych and in 2010 was quite happy when he made the final of Wimbledon. Sure he can be a bit of a twat on court, and some of his actions are questionable, but he's a good player to watch and some of the power he can get behind his shots is great. Also off court he seems like a chill guy who just enjoys playing the game and having fun.

Cue the hate  nervous

Seriously, I like him as long as he's not up against Andy. But even so, I don't hate just get very nervous because Berdy tends to bring his best against Andy.

Berdych vs Federer happens to be one of my all-time favourite match-ups.
IP Logged

Being a world class player does not make anyone a great sportsman or woman.  Berdych has a lot of work to do on the latter.  Until then, I don't like him.

Andy is a great player AND a great sportsman.

Other examples:
Great player, great sportswoman..........Kim Clisters
Great player, bad sportswoman............Serena Williams
IP Logged

Now you have done it. Hang him I say!!

IP Logged

I don't care either way, I just like to base it on his tennis which I think is very good. I'm always nervous when Andy plays him.

I really like Tomas Soderling, whom a lot of folks here detest. I miss his game, and I feel really bad for him with the long-term effects of mono. He said a couple of days ago he's still trying to come back in 2013, and if it doesn't work out he may consider the Senior Tour.
IP Logged

I don't care either way, I just like to base it on his tennis which I think is very good. I'm always nervous when Andy plays him.

I really like Tomas Soderling, whom a lot of folks here detest. I miss his game, and I feel really bad for him with the long-term effects of mono. He said a couple of days ago he's still trying to come back in 2013, and if it doesn't work out he may consider the Senior Tour.

Eh, who's he? :p
IP Logged

Eh, who's he? :p
A hybrid of Tomas Berdych and Robin Soderling. Very Happy
Imagine...
IP Logged

A hybrid of Tomas Berdych and Robin Soderling. Very Happy
Imagine...

I'd like that. I like both and I agree about Soderling. I really miss him. What a career ending disease.
IP Logged

Sorry - I just can't take to the guy and by all accounts he doesn't have many friends in the locker room either.  I think Luci Safarova is well shot of him - and her game has improved since they split up!!
IP Logged

Sorry - I just can't take to the guy and by all accounts he doesn't have many friends in the locker room either.  I think Luci Safarova is well shot of him - and her game has improved since they split up!!

Could be both to blame for that.........................................

loveblush big kiss together
IP Logged

No nah
Nonsense with Amalgro was last straw Rolling Eyes
IP Logged

I wouldn't urinate on him if he was on fire.

Okay, that was hyperbole, but I wouldn't have him round for dinner any time soon.
IP Logged

Right on cue: http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/11/berdych-almagro-weak-link/40125/#.UKSnYmczCSo
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Reply