Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch?

(Read 1109 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « on: November 14, 2012, 06:41 PM »

Alright I'll probably get a ton of hate for this, but I actually like Berdych and in 2010 was quite happy when he made the final of Wimbledon. Sure he can be a bit of a twat on court, and some of his actions are questionable, but he's a good player to watch and some of the power he can get behind his shots is great. Also off court he seems like a chill guy who just enjoys playing the game and having fun.

Cue the hate  nervous
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #1 on: November 14, 2012, 06:47 PM »

Now you have done it. Hang him I say!!
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #2 on: November 14, 2012, 07:07 PM »

Nope.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #3 on: November 14, 2012, 07:09 PM »

Alright I'll probably get a ton of hate for this, but I actually like Berdych and in 2010 was quite happy when he made the final of Wimbledon. Sure he can be a bit of a twat on court, and some of his actions are questionable, but he's a good player to watch and some of the power he can get behind his shots is great. Also off court he seems like a chill guy who just enjoys playing the game and having fun.

Cue the hate  nervous

Seriously, I like him as long as he's not up against Andy. But even so, I don't hate just get very nervous because Berdy tends to bring his best against Andy.

Berdych vs Federer happens to be one of my all-time favourite match-ups.
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #4 on: November 14, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Being a world class player does not make anyone a great sportsman or woman.  Berdych has a lot of work to do on the latter.  Until then, I don't like him.

Andy is a great player AND a great sportsman.

Other examples:
Great player, great sportswoman..........Kim Clisters
Great player, bad sportswoman............Serena Williams
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #5 on: November 14, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Now you have done it. Hang him I say!!

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #6 on: November 14, 2012, 07:13 PM »

I don't care either way, I just like to base it on his tennis which I think is very good. I'm always nervous when Andy plays him.

I really like Tomas Soderling, whom a lot of folks here detest. I miss his game, and I feel really bad for him with the long-term effects of mono. He said a couple of days ago he's still trying to come back in 2013, and if it doesn't work out he may consider the Senior Tour.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 07:19 PM »

I don't care either way, I just like to base it on his tennis which I think is very good. I'm always nervous when Andy plays him.

I really like Tomas Soderling, whom a lot of folks here detest. I miss his game, and I feel really bad for him with the long-term effects of mono. He said a couple of days ago he's still trying to come back in 2013, and if it doesn't work out he may consider the Senior Tour.

Eh, who's he? :p
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #8 on: November 14, 2012, 07:27 PM »

Eh, who's he? :p
A hybrid of Tomas Berdych and Robin Soderling. Very Happy
Imagine...
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 07:43 PM »

A hybrid of Tomas Berdych and Robin Soderling. Very Happy
Imagine...

I'd like that. I like both and I agree about Soderling. I really miss him. What a career ending disease.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 07:51 PM »

Sorry - I just can't take to the guy and by all accounts he doesn't have many friends in the locker room either.  I think Luci Safarova is well shot of him - and her game has improved since they split up!!
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 08:00 PM »

Sorry - I just can't take to the guy and by all accounts he doesn't have many friends in the locker room either.  I think Luci Safarova is well shot of him - and her game has improved since they split up!!

Could be both to blame for that.........................................

loveblush big kiss together
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #12 on: November 15, 2012, 06:37 AM »

No nah
Nonsense with Amalgro was last straw Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #13 on: November 15, 2012, 08:26 AM »

I wouldn't urinate on him if he was on fire.

Okay, that was hyperbole, but I wouldn't have him round for dinner any time soon.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #14 on: November 15, 2012, 08:28 AM »

Right on cue: http://www.tennis.com/news/2012/11/berdych-almagro-weak-link/40125/#.UKSnYmczCSo
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »