Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch?

(Read 913 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 10:43 AM »

I suppose Berdych and Amalgro are likely to meet up again this weekend in the Davis Cup - could be interesting!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 11:58 AM »

Berdych is only trash talking because they have home advantage i'm sure, hoping for Spain to thrash them now but unlikely, he is probably right in his comments but seriously what a way to fire up your opponents.

Tomas himself? never liked the man, there is something wrong with him mentally and is a classic example of someone who does not engage their brain first before opening their mouth.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #17 on: November 15, 2012, 12:04 PM »

The Berdych - Almagro feud kinda reminds me of a wrestling feud. I bet they kiss and make up when they both retire.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #18 on: November 15, 2012, 12:15 PM »

I have to say that I don't mind a bit of trash-talking in tennis - makes a change as everyone is so nice to each other these days! This Davis Cup tie should have a bit of an edge now. Smile

Berdych's latest comments are funny considering the only titles he's won this year are Montpelier and Stockholm - not exactly big titles themselves! But he's trying to get a psychological advantage over Almagro from the beginning. I know Berdych's the clear favourite on this fast court, but it would be funny if his comments served to fire Almagro up to victory!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #19 on: November 15, 2012, 02:31 PM »

Hey, Tommy is fine...
Not a fan of him exactly but don't hate him either..

He is a very challenging tennis player but not a fan of his attitude Frown
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #20 on: November 15, 2012, 06:51 PM »

Almagro is no saint though.

Anyway, I can't honestly say who's nice and who's not since I don't really know them in person or haven’t spent enough time to get to know them personally. Only a few incidents here and there during matches, mostly done in the heat of the moments, aren't good enough for me to judge the whole person. I'd rather someone puts it all out there like Andy than someone, who seemed nice all the time until they got caught - like Tiger Woods.

I think I only dislike Federer but it’s not highly consistent. When he’s just minding his own business I have no problems; other times, he can be on my last nerve. What I really dislike about him the most is the credit he gets like, how he's the GOAT and gets the sportsmanship award almost every year.  There’s something very pretentious and superficial about all that.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #21 on: November 15, 2012, 06:56 PM »

I didn't like the way he shushed the home Spanish crowd after beating Rafa a few years ago nor his refusal to shake hands with Amalgro.  Don't like his style of tennis, even if it can be pretty effective at times.   
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 02:49 PM »

When Berdych got to the Wimbledon final I didn't mind him. He seemed all right, even if it was the dullest major final since Kraijcheck (spelling, that Richard bloke!) won Wimbly.

After that Berdych went down in my estimation. I don't like the way he goes off on one, and he seems arrogant to me. His tennis is too up and down for me as well. He's either brilliant or, to be blunt, a bit crap. The one thing that does make him interesting is which version of him that turns up.

Don't get me wrong, between Berdych and Federer I'd pick Berdych any day, but it's a close thing.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #23 on: November 18, 2012, 02:53 PM »

Just a thought, and forgive me, but watching the tennis a bit on friday I had the weirdest thought. Does anyone else think Almagro looks like E.T.? It's the eyes, huge compared to the rest of his face.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #24 on: November 18, 2012, 03:41 PM »

Little David slew the Big Bird yay yay yay
Do hope it doesn't do anything to BB's confidence.. Think
Anything small I mean Whistle
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #25 on: November 18, 2012, 06:21 PM »

Apart from Berdych himself, I don't love the way he constantly displays his model girlfriend. She has the same cold look as him.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 11:35 PM »

Apart from Berdych himself, I don't love the way he constantly displays his model girlfriend. She has the same cold look as him.

She was actually shaking when Stepanek was serving for the match though and I have to say Berdych went up a little in my estimation when he reminded Radek that he hadn't shaken hands with Almagro.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #27 on: November 18, 2012, 11:50 PM »

She was actually shaking when Stepanek was serving for the match though and I have to say Berdych went up a little in my estimation when he reminded Radek that he hadn't shaken hands with Almagro.

Was anyone else wondering if Stepanek was ever going to shake Almagro's hand? How ironic that Berdych was the one to remind him.

I was never a fan of Berdych but the fuss he made about Andy's cap at the US Open was ridiculous. I did like the fact that Andy made him say that he was 100% sure that the incident put him off. Berdych lied and Andy made sure he admitted it.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #28 on: November 19, 2012, 08:53 AM »

I honestly don't think Stepanek meant to overlook shaking Almagro's hand. I think he just got carried away by the win. Ironic that it did take Berdych to remind him.

I just think Berdych is one of those people. He seems sort of okay off court, but on court there is something really grating about him. He behaved like a bit of a girl, to be honest, over the cap incident at the USO. Andy did well to keep cool about it.

I'm not fond of Berdych's game either, to be truthful.
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Does anyone on the forums actually LIKE Berydch? « Reply #29 on: November 19, 2012, 02:26 PM »

No, I don't like the Dych, but there was a brief moment after his loss at the O2 when he stayed on court to sign autographs that I thought 'fair play to him'.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »