Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Doping in Tennis ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 41 Go Down Reply
Author

Doping in Tennis ?

(Read 17727 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #195 on: September 07, 2013, 04:59 PM »

nervous :God help us.

Well one advantage we have over you is that we will never be as cynical as your generation.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #196 on: September 07, 2013, 05:00 PM »

Well one advantage we have over you is that we will never be as cynical as your generation.

Connor, stop it. Seriously, this is getting stupid.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #197 on: September 07, 2013, 05:01 PM »

Connor, stop it. Seriously, this is getting stupid.

As is the doping accusations and hate, you see where I'm going now.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #198 on: September 07, 2013, 05:03 PM »

So now you generalise teenagers and kids as not worthy or intelligent enough to discuss matters with adults? In this day and age adults have become very dismissive of younger people's opinions. Remember we are your future.
Thanks to our past, you have a future young man and you'd do well to remember that.  I'm glad I'm on the way out and not on the way in.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #199 on: September 07, 2013, 05:04 PM »

Yup. FCR, Michelle and Masaka, I'm sorry but since I'm a part of the younger generation, I get offended too. Please stop the argument. It's getting out of hand.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #200 on: September 07, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Gangsta says, ' ....... I have become tiresome........'  don't you just love it?!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #201 on: September 07, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Gangsta says, ' ....... I have become tiresome........'  don't you just love it?!

? No. Wrong wording, edited. Joke over. Bye.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #202 on: September 07, 2013, 05:23 PM »

This thread is about doping in tennis and there is no reason why it should not be discussed and suspicions aired.    Nevertheless not one of us knows whether it happens or not.   Also suspecting a player does not necessarily involve hatred - I don't hate Nadal or Fed for that matter.    I dislike both of them but don't hate them.    You go over the top Gangsta when someone disagrees with you.    I suspect you already know that life would be very dull if we all agreed with each other and you do like to play devil's advocate.    I should probably not have mentioned Fed's name on a doping thread and must say now that I do not suspect him of doping.    Or if he has he should ask for his money back as it aint working.   Incidentally unless you can see into the future you have no way of knowing whether you will be cynical when you become an oldie.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #203 on: September 08, 2013, 02:58 PM »

Link to article about Cilic, mentioned on another thread.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/tennis/2013/08/31/us-open-marin-cilic-reported-doping-violation/2751697/
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #204 on: September 08, 2013, 03:20 PM »

I think the ATP/ITF is a transparent as granite mountains on the subject of doping in tennis. That to my mind is one of the major problems.

The international cycling federation or whatever it's called was supposed to out dopers in cycling and look how well that turned out. I have read nothing to persuade me that the tennis authorities are any different. They have a vested interest in protecting the geese that lay the golden eggs.

Has Cillic failed a doping test or not? What on earth is complicated about that?  If he has, but it's under investigation and he may be exonerated under additional evidence and so escape a ban - fine. However in the here and now he is either under investigation or not. Grr...!!!
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #205 on: September 09, 2013, 12:25 PM »

You go over the top Gangsta when someone disagrees with you.    I suspect you already know that life would be very dull if we all agreed with each other and you do like to play devil's advocate.

This posters `life` is clearly very dull anyway. Unless you're retired, you shouldn't have the time to be posting 24/7 on a site about Andy Murray.
Shouldn't he be preparing to fail his GCSE resits or something?
Anyway he will be cynical when he is old because he will have been on the dole for at least 30 years and trolling the internet posting childish crap.
The doping discussion is definitely one that should be discussed, it's not a ******* tin foil hat theory about aliens or Elvis on the moon or something!
Anyone with a pair of eyes & half a brain should be able to say this.
Leave masaka alone!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #206 on: September 09, 2013, 01:33 PM »

This posters `life` is clearly very dull anyway. Unless you're retired, you shouldn't have the time to be posting 24/7 on a site about Andy Murray.
Shouldn't he be preparing to fail his GCSE resits or something?
Anyway he will be cynical when he is old because he will have been on the dole for at least 30 years and trolling the internet posting childish crap.
The doping discussion is definitely one that should be discussed, it's not a ******* tin foil hat theory about aliens or Elvis on the moon or something!
Anyone with a pair of eyes & half a brain should be able to say this.
Leave masaka alone!

Thank you. For the record I took early retirement on ill health grounds. I have however swum almost 50 lengths this morning, and freely admit I had to be doped to the gills to manage it....!!!
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #207 on: September 09, 2013, 04:12 PM »

I am without a computer at the moment  but really want to give an opinion on recent blogs roll on Friday when my computer will be back hopefully
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #208 on: September 09, 2013, 06:09 PM »

Interesting article on doping in tennis in this week's Scotland on Sunday.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/tom-english-andy-murray-s-words-on-doping-important-1-3081915

IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #209 on: September 11, 2013, 09:31 AM »

I would like to say one thing.  Some post on this website seem to hint that we who are suspicious of doping in tennis are acting off our own bat.  As there many in the media. other sportsmen and women and ordinary sports fan think the same and are now voicing their opinions more and more I can see no harm in any of us mentioning it.  There is yet another one today by Bloomberg.  My aunt who is 90 and was amazed by the doping in sports has begun to question Nadal's remarkable comeback.  I do not hink he is probably alone in cheating in some way.  I just feel sorry for them as I am sure it cannot feel so good as winning fairly and squarely.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 41 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »