Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Doping in Tennis ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 41 Go Down Reply
Author

Doping in Tennis ?

(Read 18431 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #420 on: October 05, 2013, 10:17 AM »

It wasn't rude. I don't know why Masaka thinks that tennis will keep getting kicked in the teeth because of this. How many of you here actually remember on first thought that Gasquet used to dope? Even after that, which may I hasten to add, was more severe and Gasquet did it for a long time, tennis grew stronger and stronger. Whether Troicki's ban is shortened or not, no one is going to remember this incident, so I doubt tennis will be affected.
Gangsta......it 'was' rude! You could have just as easily made this point in the first place!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #421 on: October 05, 2013, 10:17 AM »

Gangsta......it 'was' rude! You could have just as easily made this point in the first place!

Fine!
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #422 on: October 05, 2013, 10:19 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but at the time didn't Troicki say that it was Novak that advised him that he didn't have to take the blood test that day.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #423 on: October 05, 2013, 10:20 AM »

Correct me if I am wrong, but at the time didn't Troicki say that it was Novak that advised him that he didn't have to take the blood test that day.

No I don't think so. But if that was the case, Novak is doing something really suspicious.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #424 on: October 05, 2013, 10:34 AM »

I agree Aileen! Djoko should have kept his mouth firmly shut on this one, unless he was present as a witness on the day! He isn't doing himself any favours by calling anyone a liar! I think refusing a blood test should be treated the same as for drinking and driving, where if you refuse to give a blood sample, you are presumed guilty!

I completely agree with both you and Aileen.  The fact that Djokovic is stating openly that  in his eyes it Is perfectly acceptable for a player to get away with refusing to provide a blood sample, doesn't reflect well on him or the sport. He is either incredibly naive or it reflects his actual attitude towards doping.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #425 on: October 05, 2013, 11:13 AM »

It wasn't rude. I don't know why Masaka thinks that tennis will keep getting kicked in the teeth because of this. How many of you here actually remember on first thought that Gasquet used to dope? Even after that, which may I hasten to add, was more severe and Gasquet did it for a long time, tennis grew stronger and stronger. Whether Troicki's ban is shortened or not, no one is going to remember this incident, so I doubt tennis will be affected.
I know about him kissing the girl, but I never knew about any other incidences involving him! Please give us the details Gangsta!
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #426 on: October 05, 2013, 11:18 AM »

I know about him kissing the girl, but I never knew about any other incidences involving him! Please give us the details Gangsta!

Kissing the girl was a cover up, well that's my opinion anyway. What I meant by severe was that Gasquet was tested positive, Troicki doping because he missed a blood test is purely speculative.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #427 on: October 05, 2013, 11:51 AM »

Kissing the girl was a cover up, well that's my opinion anyway. What I meant by severe was that Gasquet was tested positive, Troicki doping because he missed a blood test is purely speculative.
Troicki didn't 'miss' a blood test...He 'refused' one! There's a huge difference! I thought you said Gasquet was doping for a long time?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #428 on: October 05, 2013, 11:54 AM »

Troicki didn't 'miss' a blood test...He 'refused' one! There's a huge difference! I thought you said Gasquet was doping for a long time?

I think Gas was doping for a long time! Should of said think doh
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #429 on: October 05, 2013, 12:03 PM »

I think Gas was doping for a long time! Should of said think doh
What made you think he was doping?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #430 on: October 05, 2013, 12:11 PM »

What made you think he was doping?

I don't know just how he suddenly became a Top 5 player, back in 2008, Gasquet always struck me as a bit suspicious.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #431 on: October 05, 2013, 12:35 PM »

Thanks Gangsta! I only became interested in tennis 8 years ago when Andy turned pro, so even though I know which players I like or dislike, I only have their behaviour on court to go by! I know very little about their histories......unlike my old mum, who  knew everything about all the players. She loved the game and she was  Andy's biggest fan!  Smile
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #432 on: October 05, 2013, 02:05 PM »

faces = vowel.

fact = consonant

That's all the clues I'm giving wink

Ha ha, I know what you meant.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #433 on: October 05, 2013, 04:19 PM »

Ha ha, I know what you meant.

Top of the class, Westie. wink
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #434 on: October 05, 2013, 08:15 PM »

I don't know just how he suddenly became a Top 5 player, back in 2008, Gasquet always struck me as a bit suspicious.

That is uncannily like a post from Masaka!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 ... 41 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »