Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Doping in Tennis ? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 Go Down Reply
Author

Doping in Tennis ?

(Read 20235 times)
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #585 on: January 11, 2014, 08:27 PM »

Muger Frauderer.
   confused Can you translate please for those of us who speak English? Smile
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #586 on: January 12, 2014, 07:37 AM »

Let's do a simple de-construct:
Surely "Mugerer" is a simple spelling error and the poster must mean "Muggerer"? Possibly Fed has a history of street violence and pick pocketing, which the cunning authorities have kept hidden from most of us.
As for "Frauderer" well Fed will soon have an extra mouth to feed, so has probably been avoiding tax payments like crazy and putting the money into future securities like  Rolex watches, gold handbags, cows etc. 
Or is it a reference to his having won most of his slams in a supposedly "weak era"?
Who can tell?  Think

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #587 on: January 12, 2014, 09:04 AM »

I think Fed's a fraud, because he pretends to be all sweetness and light, whilst managing to craftily slip in nasty, snide remarks about the other players! He's two faced and that's 'fraud' enough for me really!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #588 on: January 12, 2014, 09:49 AM »

I think Fed's a fraud, because he pretends to be all sweetness and light, whilst managing to craftily slip in nasty, snide remarks about the other players! He's two faced and that's 'fraud' enough for me really!

Completely agree with you. However I think Nadal will turn out to be an even bigger fraud.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #589 on: January 12, 2014, 10:26 AM »

Yes.......I wouldn't be at all surprised!
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #590 on: January 12, 2014, 11:04 AM »

Completely agree with you. However I think Nadal will turn out to be an even bigger fraud.

Nadull is a spiffing fraud, his persona is animal like and his pointing at other players mistakes have become far too common.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #591 on: January 12, 2014, 09:27 PM »

Let's do a simple de-construct:
Surely "Mugerer" is a simple spelling error and the poster must mean "Muggerer"? Possibly Fed has a history of street violence and pick pocketing, which the cunning authorities have kept hidden from most of us.
As for "Frauderer" well Fed will soon have an extra mouth to feed, so has probably been avoiding tax payments like crazy and putting the money into future securities like  Rolex watches, gold handbags, cows etc. 
Or is it a reference to his having won most of his slams in a supposedly "weak era"?
Who can tell?  Think
lol  These first two explanations really appeal to me.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #592 on: February 08, 2014, 07:08 AM »

Re: Tennis News « Reply #4505 on: Today at 01:28 AM »

I'd like to think Nadal is clean too but unfortunately there are a few question marks about his behaviour over the past year or so, some of which is consistent with the pattern of drug cheating.

Maybe one or two players round him aren't clean and have so far been lucky to evade the dope testers, but to say that they all are is a pretty sweeping statement.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------_____________________________________________________________

Reference Aileen's quote from the Tennis News Thread and Joe's comments.

I think the key points to me at the moment are the unrelenting similarities between Nadal and Armstrong.  There are many, not least of which are are a sportsman whose performances given their apparent health issues was too good to be true, a sportsman who never failed a drugs test in spite of the endless number taken, a sportsman about who there were endless rumours etc, etc.

We now know with regard to Lance Armstrong that in reality he failed several drugs tests, but the cycling authorities in order to protect their star name were completely complicit in covering up several suspicious or failed tests.

Given the laxness of tennis drug testing in tennis can anyone seriously believe that it is completely beyond the realms of possibility that the ITF might be doing the same. We know from the cases that have come out that the tennis authorities are not exactly transparent about these things.  Look at the recent farce of Cillic.

With regard to Prodigies comment that if one is at it, then they all must be. I suspect that like cycling there is a fair amount of truth in that. I don't believe that Nadal is the only one. Of the top players I also think Ferrer and Djokovjc are up to their eyeballs in it.

There are also many inconsistencies in the Williams sisters. Venus and her Sjogren's syndrome which is an auto immune disorder linked to rheumatoid arthritis. Sorry as a rheumatoid suffer, tennis and rheumatoid type conditions are completely incompatible and I don't give a monkeys about wealthy people having better drugs. There is no cure for it, treatment is about managing it. If she has got it then she couldn't play tennis at the level she does. To put it in perspective I can't even manage to play a game of tennis on the Wii.

Are all the top 10, top 20, top 50 etc, using doping strategies to enhance their performances? Many as in cycling undoubtedly are. Equally just in cycling some are not. The two I don't think are are Murray and Federer.  I might be naïve, but hope not. I hasn't to add, I haven't considered every player in detail - even my apparent obsession with the topic doesn't go that far. However to me there are some that stick out like sore thumbs to me ie the trio named above.

What has been most interesting is that when Grabcopy made the comment on the tennis news thread about Nadal's latest shenanigans, just how quickly the focus of the conversation shifted to Nadal and Doping, and it wasn't all driven by me. I am getting the strong impression that even some stalwart Nadal supporters are starting to question the bulls**t, and consider the possibility that there is something amiss.

For me, much as I enjoy watching Murray I can't take tennis that seriously at the moment. Whilst Nadal is on the tour unchecked, results of any tournament he has participated in are suspect to me.  Cycling without Armstrong has had a chance to get its house in order, and create a cleaner, much fairer sport (I am not sure any sport can guarantee it is completely clean 100% of the time with technology and chemicals evolving at the rate they do), but at least they seem to be trying. Until tennis addresses the issue of Nadal and doping in general, I think they are betraying the fans, and the players.

To me the subject is getting boring and frustrating. It is obvious there is a problem but nobody in authority is doing anything about it. Why?
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #593 on: February 08, 2014, 10:15 AM »

I really hope its not as bad as you suggest, Masaka. In fact I can't believe it really is, although there have been some questionable moments. Re the authorities  acting blind and deaf, I know this can happen but I would have thought Federers massive authority in the sport would have offset this, unless he's got something to hide ( not necessarily drugs) as well!!  I do like to ask questions, but I am very wary of conspiracy theories.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #594 on: February 08, 2014, 10:42 AM »

@ Fiverings. I hope it's not as bad as all that. I was responding more to Prodigies assertion that if one is at it they all must be. If Murray is part of that all, he must be considered as well. I have explained several times on this and other threads why I don't think he is a doper.

Personally I love a good conspiracy theory, the difference being whilst I might enjoy them, there are very few I actually believe.

I think with Nadal the issue is that there is so much that simply doesn't add up. If he isn't a doper then he is doing a very good impression of one. It is now known that the cycling authorities were complicit in Armstrong getting away with it for so long. Given the general toothlessness of the tennis authorities on lots of issues i.e. Medical Time outs, time between points, letting Federer or Janowicz win over their tantrums about roofs and such like, I don't think it is beyond the realms of possibility that they are equally toothless on this subject. Federer himself has said just how few dope tests he has had. With regard to Nadal, given their respective H2H any comments from Federer would be assumed to be sour grapes on his part. Whistleblowers traditionally have a really tough time. I suspect that Federer is not that courageous.

Given the amount of money sloshing around in tennis it would not surprise me in the slightest to find the tennis authorities are complicit in cover ups to protect their brand. Not so much a conspiracy theory, more a theory that could explain the current situation regarding doping in tennis. Note the use of the word could - not does. It is as valid an explanation, in the light of what we now know about what happened in cycling as any other.

Are all the top 10, top 20, top 50, top 100 full blown druggies. Highly unlikely. It is however equally highly unlikely in my opinion that they are all clean. We can extrapolate that from other sports. We also know as a fact that some are doping Troiki and Cillic being the most recent examples of that. There are plenty of others over the years. We also know that the ITF did their damnedest to cover those failed tests up with spurious excuses about false injuries.... And so we come full circle back to Nadal....!!!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #595 on: February 08, 2014, 10:44 AM »

I never know what to think when it comes to the whole doping thing. You want to think all players are clean, even if they are not your favourites. You want to think the playing field is level, or at least that the only thing that makes a playing field uneven is the difference in ability between one player and another.

I've said it before, but it still strikes me that the governing bodies in the sport are shooting themselves in the foot over doping, or rather, how they deal with failed tests. The whole Cilic thing, for example, was a fiasco which went on for months. Those of us on the net knew he'd failed a test, but then we turned on the TV and heard comms say he was out with an injury. Why can't the governing bodies see that in allowing Cilic to lie, and they admitted they knew he was lying, they were casting doubt in people's minds about any player out with an injury for any period of time?

To me it's not whether someone like Nadal is clean or not that is the point, although it is, if you know what I mean. It is all the inconsistencies. When he was out with his knees his people issued three different statements for what was wrong with him. No one I know of questioned these three different statements. That can't be right.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #596 on: February 08, 2014, 01:04 PM »

If the authorities are complicit - and I'm not saying here that they are - it is down to one word -  MONEY.  If Nadal and other high profile players were found to be drugs cheats it would, without doubt, do a huge amount of damage to the sport that it would probably take many years to recover from and many of the movers and shakers in tennis would doubtless feel it in their pockets.

The trouble with all these rumours is that you begin to question everything.  Has anyone else had suspicions about Soderling's disappearance from the scene?  It seemed to me that he had quite suddenly become a force to be reckoned with when it was announced that he had contracted glandular fever.  Maybe he did have it far worse than anyone else I have heard of but I have been surprised that it seemed to herald the end of his career.  I also thought it strange that just before this happened he split with the coach who had taken him to his highest ever career ranking.  Did Magnus Norman know something was going on?  Okay - I hear you say that Ancic was similarly afflicted so, perhaps, this is all just a figment of my very vivid imagination.  If he has truly been laid low by this horrible virus then I feel very sorry for the guy.  Although he was never one of my favourites - it is an awful way to go out.  
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #597 on: February 08, 2014, 01:22 PM »

tquote author=Caz link=topic=23443.msg959618#msg959618 date=1389517485]
[/quote]

Sorry, Caz, just caught up with your posting.

It's not only that Federer is a fraud and makes continually snide remarks about his opponents often before and many times after his match, but his whole attitude.

The reason he gets away with it, is that he comes over as a highly sophisticated person, speaking many languages fluently and offers himself to the press hangers-on. IN addition, at one time his tennis was great to watch, now it can be an embarrassment.

I don't like the guy. I feel that he is a phoney as a person. Maybe, it's due to his parentage - mother, South African; father, Swiss. 
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #598 on: February 08, 2014, 02:34 PM »

confused What on earth would his parents being from different places have to do with Fed being a phoney person??!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Doping in Tennis ? « Reply #599 on: February 08, 2014, 04:14 PM »

confused What on earth would his parents being from different places have to do with Fed being a phoney person??!

Sorry, Dani did not make myself clear. Not from different places, it's the countries from which they come.

Many South African whites and Swiss nationals share the same attributes - excessive arrogance. This is therefore inbred within Federer
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 [40] 41 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »