Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  fast_clay's match reviews 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

fast_clay's match reviews

(Read 3628 times)
MeganAC28
Challenger Level

#allinformurray

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #30 on: April 27, 2009, 10:02 AM »

Things tend to hurt more when you're losing.

Has anyone else noticed that nadal only grunts when things aren't going his way??  Think

I think all players tend to find the smallest of things begin to annoy them when they are in a losing postion but I had definatley noticed how Nadal reacts to being in that position!
IP Logged
catherine87
Satellite Level

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #31 on: April 27, 2009, 06:57 PM »

I think all players tend to find the smallest of things begin to annoy them when they are in a losing postion but I had definatley noticed how Nadal reacts to being in that position!

I'm glad I'm not the only one! Thanks Megan! lol  thumb up
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #32 on: May 13, 2009, 01:48 PM »

On people berating Murray for cheering his opponent's errors.

there is nothing wrong with cheering winners or errors... and i have been berated for doing both in the past... but, f*** it... i dont care... if you give a f*** about winning a match then why not try to get a leg up on your opponent if you have the energy enough to apply that extra bit to the mental game... you can also come unstuck going over the top as well, you only need one cool cat down the other end who couldn't give a toss what you did and happily went about let it motivate him in the right why... then again, since the age of 14 i have listened to grown men tell me what they did to my mother the night before after finished at the pub - a 4 hour spit roast - and cricket was meant to be a gentleman's game, no wonder australia are the mentally toughest f***ers in that sport...

some tennis attitude is still heavily dated... my attitude lay in that catergory too at times... no one can say you are not allowed to dislike over-the-top fist-pumping and shouting... there is no colour in that...

but, to do it is far from wrong...

personally, i think The Tradesman needs to put a megaphone on his tool belt and give the ticket holders a few more war crys at high volume... its what the crowds f**ken well paid for...

roflmao
IP Logged
charlienomad
Seed

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #33 on: May 13, 2009, 02:11 PM »

fast_clay is a god Very Happy get him onto MW where his genius will be appreciated...
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #34 on: May 13, 2009, 02:19 PM »

fast_clay is a god Very Happy get him onto MW where his genius will be appreciated...

He's brilliant. I think he lurks occasionally since I told him about the thread.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #35 on: May 13, 2009, 02:21 PM »

Absolutely brilliant, I may have to start using him in my articles.
IP Logged
charlienomad
Seed

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #36 on: May 13, 2009, 02:23 PM »

tell him he might as well become a card carrying fan of the Tradesman - who else is an Aussie going to support at the moment? Shrug lol
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #37 on: May 13, 2009, 02:32 PM »

I heard the comments about the cheering errors that the Sky guys read out last night - FFS. Some moaners ought to take a look at Nadal, he gives it the big 'vamos!' regularly when an opponent puts a ball out - yet you hear nothing said against him as he is held up as a paragon of sportsmanship (very questionable when you factor in the time taken between points, but that's a different discussion).

For the record, I don't have a problem with cheering errors at all, the players are pumped up and want to win, it shouldn't affect the opponent if he's one of the top professionals (as they all are). The only player that used to annoy me with it was Hewitt, but then again he wound me up in so many ways! lol
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #38 on: May 13, 2009, 02:36 PM »

I heard the comments about the cheering errors that the Sky guys read out last night - FFS. Some moaners ought to take a look at Nadal, he gives it the big 'vamos!' regularly when an opponent puts a ball out - yet you hear nothing said against him as he is held up as a paragon of sportsmanship (very questionable when you factor in the time taken between points, but that's a different discussion).

For the record, I don't have a problem with cheering errors at all, the players are pumped up and want to win, it shouldn't affect the opponent if he's one of the top professionals (as they all are). The only player that used to annoy me with it was Hewitt, but then again he wound me up in so many ways! lol
Out of all the players I've watched, I disliked Hewitt the most.  He did come across as arrogant and tbh a bit of trailer trash.....  that's not nice, I know, but he did...  Frown 
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 01:23 AM »

On Andy's win over Robredo:

People often wonder why The Tradesman doesn't bring his chainsaw, 4 litres of engine degreaser, his blow up sheep and two tuna mayo sandwiches to work every single day...

well... the reason is this... The Tradesman does not care much for show boating his well equipped tool belt about for his clients early on... on a tuesday or wednesay, it just looks over the top... he's a humble guy and he knows bringing out the front end loader on tuesdays looks a little off... its why you see him lose to lightweights like monaco early on... cos he only bought a 20cm length of string and half a stale donut... but while he may seemed unprepared at times, it comes from a good, honourable and decent place....

The Tradesman just has to much respect for the ticket holders on a Friday... or even a Sunday, which is mostly the case... The Tradesman, unlike many of his peers, deals with many clients... sometimes up to 15,000 at a time... he knows what they want... they have paid to see Murray go to work... and tomorrow, we can expect The Tradesman to go to work on 'One Trick' Pony's ******** with a hacksaw and a 5 kilogram bag of rock salt...

it's what the crowds have paid for... in the middle of this global recession, Murray understands this...

this noble warrior is doing his bit...
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 11:47 AM »

In response to a poster who said that Murray will cry after the Del Potro match:

no... murray cannot cry because scottish men are born without tear ducts... a heriditary trate that the warrior bred over the passage of time has bestowed upon them...
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #41 on: May 15, 2009, 11:49 AM »

^ lol
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #42 on: May 15, 2009, 11:54 AM »

^ lol

I know I was definitely born without tear ducts. Shrug
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #43 on: May 15, 2009, 12:03 PM »

I know I was definitely born without tear ducts. Shrug
I think they're stored in a wee box marked 'contain no logic' in your brain....  lol
IP Logged
fast_clay

Re: fast_clay's match reviews « Reply #44 on: August 05, 2012, 10:27 PM »

the prophecy was foretold... only true titans of the sports should have Olympic gold bestowed upon them... and it is so...

never doubt a Tradesman to get the job done...
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »