Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Federer's dominance is over, it's official 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Is Federer's dominance finally over?
Yes. - 24 (75%)
No. - 5 (15.6%)
I'm stupid - I can't answer the question. - 3 (9.4%)
Total Voters: 32

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer's dominance is over, it's official

(Read 9551 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #300 on: April 16, 2009, 05:50 PM »

Will Fed win a title this year?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #301 on: April 16, 2009, 05:54 PM »

Yes, Halle Open.

It will signal his comeback lmao
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #302 on: April 16, 2009, 05:57 PM »

Yes, Halle Open.

It will signal his comeback lmao

Apparently the oiled up performing seal and Tsonga are there this year, so it might have to be a specially arranged exhibition. Very Happy
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #303 on: April 16, 2009, 05:58 PM »

Apparently the oiled up performing seal and Tsonga are there this year, so it might have to be a specially arranged exhibition. Very Happy

lmao
IP Logged
Neil
John McEnroe

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #304 on: April 16, 2009, 05:58 PM »

March 2008, he hadn't lost his dominance.

Ok, I got the next two posts wrong, so what? I wasn't "utterlly owned" as you put it.

Ok wrong on nadal winning wimbledon, but that was how I felt, maybe owned on that. lol

And I still maintain Fed lost that match rather than Nadal winning it. Fed should have won.

Hardly "utterlly owned" to be honest. If i had said something like "Fed will win everything and be world number 1 forever!" then you could say I was owned.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #305 on: April 16, 2009, 05:59 PM »

Whatever you say, Neil  goodman
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #306 on: April 16, 2009, 06:02 PM »

March 2008, he hadn't lost his dominance.

Ok, I got the next two posts wrong, so what? I wasn't "utterlly owned" as you put it.

Ok wrong on nadal winning wimbledon, but that was how I felt, maybe owned on that. lol

And I still maintain Fed lost that match rather than Nadal winning it. Fed should have won.

Hardly "utterlly owned" to be honest. If i had said something like "Fed will win everything and be world number 1 forever!" then you could say I was owned.

Federer's two sets were won in tiebreaks. Nadal was constantly in his service games. Particularly in the 5th set. Federer had like 1 BP in the 5th, whereas Nadal was always involved in return games. Also, Nadal actually won his sets via breaks of serve. Federer won both sets via tiebreaks, one courtesy of an epic Nadal choke from 5-2 up. How can you possibly say Federer was the better player in that match?
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #307 on: April 16, 2009, 06:03 PM »

Federer's two sets were won in tiebreaks. Nadal was constantly in his service games. Particularly in the 5th set. Federer had like 1 BP in the 5th, whereas Nadal was always involved in return games. Also, Nadal actually won his sets via breaks of serve. Federer won both sets via tiebreaks, one courtesy of an epic Nadal choke from 5-2 up. How can you possibly say Federer was the better player in that match?
One word, delusion.
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #308 on: April 16, 2009, 06:04 PM »

One word, delusion.

I love the guy, but he's not thinking clearly when it comes to Frauderer. Think
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #309 on: April 16, 2009, 06:05 PM »

I love the guy, but he's not thinking clearly when it comes to Frauderer. Think
Sounds like your typical Federer fan then.
IP Logged
gjr
Challenger Level

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #310 on: July 06, 2009, 09:24 AM »

Perhaps it's not as over has first thought.

Once again (no matter if Nadal is not playing ATM) Fed is holding 3 slam titles and made the final of the other.

Now is holding the Fench and Wimbledon you can bet your last dollar he will be all out to try and hold all 4 at once now. Something no male player has acheived for 40 years.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #311 on: July 06, 2009, 09:46 AM »

Who knows how the last few tournaments would have panned out had Nadal been fit? Federer's level is certainly consistently down on what it was in the past, no way would he have struggled with Andy Roddick, even in that form, a few years ago. That said, he can still get to Slam finals at will, so he's not doing too much wrong. I feel that he's saving his mental energies for the Slams only now - Masters don't seem too important any more. Think
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #312 on: July 06, 2009, 11:36 AM »

Perhaps it's not as over has first thought.
Would you say that if he got to the finals of Wimbledon and lost? That's basically what has happened because against Nadal he would not be holding the title.

His dominance is over, I expect him to continue to fail at many of the tournaments this year.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #313 on: July 06, 2009, 12:17 PM »

Lets wait and see if he manages to defend his US Open title, I think that will be the telling one.
Also I have a theory that players for the most part go downhill when they have kids-they have other priorities other than tennis, so lets see what happens after August  Think
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Federer's dominance is over, it's official « Reply #314 on: July 06, 2009, 12:24 PM »

Lets wait and see if he manages to defend his US Open title, I think that will be the telling one.
Also I have a theory that players for the most part go downhill when they have kids-they have other priorities other than tennis, so lets see what happens after August  Think

The baby is surely going to have an effect - if it's due in the first week of August, which the commentators on BBC were speculating yesterday, then he surely won't be totally focussed come the US Open - Andy's chance, perhaps? Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »