Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Federer has finally fallen! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer has finally fallen!

(Read 5127 times)
brighton babe
Challenger Level

Neue Jaffageschmack kuchen schlager Andy?

Federer has finally fallen! « on: November 20, 2005, 01:36 PM »

i can't believe that Nalbandian has just beaten Federer in the masters cup in Shanghai! i so expected him to win. i even wanted him to win, as i normally want him to lose!  shocking
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 02:17 PM »

Quote from: "brighton babe"
i can't believe that Nalbandian has just beaten Federer in the masters cup in Shanghai! i so expected him to win. i even wanted him to win, as i normally want him to lose!  shocking

Well, that IS a surprise!
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 02:19 PM »

It was a great match and Nalbandian had to hit some amazing shots to win it, but then Fed came back but it wasn't enough in the end. goodjob
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 02:29 PM »

w00t  Frown I'm in shock!

And not a little mad that I didn't watch the match.
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 02:36 PM »

=D> I'm so happy!
I don't like Federer, sorry, can't help it.
I was just watching the match, Nalbandian played a great match.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 04:05 PM »

shocking phwaoor!!! i was actually quite convinced Federer would win!  shocking
But excellent stuff from Nalbandian!  notworthy I've always liked him but this.. wow!! Huge pat on the back! And as for Roger.. hahaaa! you failed to break McEnroe's record!  :P

jumping-w00t
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 04:41 PM »

Yeah!!!!
Double  :P To Federer!!! That'll show him, I hate people who are that full of themselves.  ranting
 roflmao Can't believe he lost
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 04:59 PM »

Frown I've always thought Rog was one of the nicest people on the tour and not at all "full of himself"

I know Andy was very impressed with the way he came and talked to him in the locker room, when most players ignore rookies.

confused  Where does he get this hatred from? He's probably the best player ever. I just dont understand it.

no

Now if you were talking of Safin and Coria, I'd be nodding furiously in agreement.
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #8 on: November 20, 2005, 05:00 PM »

I agree, one of the reasons that I don't like Fed is that in a lot of his interviews he acts as if its no big deal and that he was expected to win the tournament.  Even if he is the world no 1 he doesn't have to mention it in every interview he does. Plus he beat Andy.ranting
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #9 on: November 20, 2005, 05:05 PM »

I agree with you Tally, he seems to be very nice indeed. Andy seemed to be impressed at how well Fed treated him. Plus Fed has the same bday as me so i could never hate him yahooo
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #10 on: November 20, 2005, 05:08 PM »

Well, I don't understand why peopl pullhair e like Fed and why he was named the most sexy man on earth, Grrrr.
Sexy??? Hrbaty in his shirt with the holes is more sexy than Fed.  :P
But I agree with Josh, he always says he will win the tournament, it's not because it's true, you should say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And when they ask him who the favourits are for the tournament, he will always say 'ME' first.
Sorry, I just can't stand the guy... Maybe it's me because a lot of people seem to like him.
 #-o
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #11 on: November 20, 2005, 05:16 PM »

Very different opinions there!  :uhm:

Well.. me personally.. i think Roger might aswell be one of the biggest men in tennis history. Yes - McEnroe, Borg and all those other players have definitly gone down in history.. but this guy is amazing. Every time i watch him play he's got this energy and determination that i can't seem to find in any other player. Although im not a Federer fan by far (i don't even know why im not).. but i really think he's an amazing player. His skill, talent and on-court manipulation is extreme. I can't see these exact qualities in anyone like Roddick.. Nadal.. etc.
His backhand is unrepeatable, and some of his ground strokes.  shocking A legend in one word.

But i think everyone is just sick of Roger's "high status". He wins nearly everything and that's why people start to dislike him. He's a very confident man.. who likes to come top in what he's best at. I don't think it's supposed to come as being stuck up.. or anything else. He's just confident in demolishing the opposition.. although i think he's a bit cheeky sometimes! :P

As for the sexiest man of the year.. well his looks have DEFINITLY improved!  goodjob Some photos of him in a suit.. phwaoorr!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #12 on: November 20, 2005, 05:22 PM »

I really like Roger's personality from seeing him on camera. I don't think there is a problem with mentioning you're expected to win, he is one of the greatest players ever, I'd probably be a little arrogant if I was him. That said, I wanted Nalbandian to win, we all like an underdog Smile

Oh and about him being "sexy", coming from a straight guy, I really do think he is the best looking player on tour.

Quote from: "dentie"
Well, I don't understand why peopl pullhair e like Fed and why he was named the most sexy man on earth, Grrrr.
Sexy??? Hrbaty in his shirt with the holes is more sexy than Fed.  :P
But I agree with Josh, he always says he will win the tournament, it's not because it's true, you should say it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And when they ask him who the favourits are for the tournament, he will always say 'ME' first.
Sorry, I just can't stand the guy... Maybe it's me because a lot of people seem to like him.
 #-o

You want him to lie and say it's not him? He is being honest, he is the favourite! Can you imagine if he said everytime, "Well I think Nadal is favourite, I might have good chance though" I'd totally hate him for being modest like that unless he said Andy was favourite  Wink
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #13 on: November 20, 2005, 05:29 PM »

Well, I suppose there is nothing wrong with being confident but its when it borders on being cocky that I don't like him.  Don't know much, but isn't Nadal better looking than him?? :uhm:
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #14 on: November 20, 2005, 05:30 PM »

Quote from: "Mark"

Oh and about him being "sexy", coming from a straight guy, I really do think he is the best looking player on tour.

Think Really?  Whistle
In a strange way.. i agree. He has the classical Swiss gentelman look that no one can resist - what ever type preferance. Although im so glad Roger has got rid of that ponytail.
Players like Nadal and Roddick.. to some they are sex icons - but to others they see nothing at all. Roger's got a nice medium. And his girlfriend is also a very nice woman.. although i would have thought Roger would go for someone a bit more pretty  :-$
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »