Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Federer has finally fallen! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer has finally fallen!

(Read 5734 times)
Josh
Seed

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #45 on: November 20, 2005, 07:58 PM »

It was just the manner in which he said it. If Tim had won then e would have been a lot more happy than that. He says it as though it is no big deal and 'so what'.  And maybe I just get annoyed that he hits so many winners with so much ease so regulary. Lets agree to disagree. peacedove
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #46 on: November 20, 2005, 07:59 PM »

Hehe, he wins pretty much everything, I guess it really isn't a big deal anymore Smile
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #47 on: November 20, 2005, 08:09 PM »

peacedove Well done guys! It's true.. someday we all have to agree to disagree!  =D>
No point in fighting at all! raindelay
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #48 on: November 20, 2005, 08:53 PM »

Quote from: "top_spin"
peacedove Well done guys! It's true.. someday we all have to agree to disagree!  =D>

Hey! It's not your job to sum up and conclude a topic just like that, leave that to wise Hulahoop ! old
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #49 on: November 20, 2005, 10:44 PM »

Quote from: "Josh"
So at least he's not a bad loser.  It was just his interview after Wimbledon that annoyed me. "I come to place and I win and it is brilliant" or something like that. pullhair

lol going to put my thoughts in here, seeing as i've been out all evening.....
surely the whole point of tennis players going to tennis tournaments is to win - they have to have some inspiration to turn up and play their best tennis. so he wins and its brilliant. yes it is - hes achieved his aim, and proved what fantastic tennis he can play - surely you can allow him to be proud of his performance.
he's always polite and complementary of the other players, he always takes time to do interviews and tv slots - remember that stupid behind the scenes thing the beeb had him doing this year? he even seems to take time to talk to rookies - something thats behind the scenes when no-one else is looking.
he plays fantastic tennis, but hes rarely rude, rarely loses his temper. surely this is the image tennis wants from a number one.
and yes he is number one - and yes he should be proud of it. theres no point in him saying that hes not the favourite when he is - look at his record, theres no-one even close to him. and its not as if hes hasn't had to work damn hard to get where he is - think of how much pressure hes under to maintain his number one position.

anyway, just my thoughts Smile

(also, julias right - he is much sexier this year Wink )
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Home is where the heart is!

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #50 on: November 20, 2005, 10:55 PM »

Quote from: "Mark"

Hey! It's not your job to sum up and conclude a topic just like that, leave that to wise Hulahoop ! old

shocking  Oops, am I really that bossy?

Unfortunately I can only look on Rog and the Andys with maternal affections. But I dont think Rog has any sex appeal at all. He's just a sublime tennis player. Smile

LOL @ top_spin who has single handedly probably used up the whole of Mark's bandwidth on this thread!!

ranting  And at Mark putting the ancient old man in his comment about me.

Wink  roflmao

Wink Great photos though, Nalbandian is great.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #51 on: November 20, 2005, 10:55 PM »

Quote from: "eira_arian"
So at least he's not a bad loser.  It was just his interview after Wimbledon that annoyed me. "I come to place and I win and it is brilliant" or something like that. pullhair

lol going to put my thoughts in here, seeing as i've been out all evening.....
surely the whole point of tennis players going to tennis tournaments is to win - they have to have some inspiration to turn up and play their best tennis. so he wins and its brilliant. yes it is - hes achieved his aim, and proved what fantastic tennis he can play - surely you can allow him to be proud of his performance.
he's always polite and complementary of the other players, he always takes time to do interviews and tv slots - remember that stupid behind the scenes thing the beeb had him doing this year? he even seems to take time to talk to rookies - something thats behind the scenes when no-one else is looking.
he plays fantastic tennis, but hes rarely rude, rarely loses his temper. surely this is the image tennis wants from a number one.
and yes he is number one - and yes he should be proud of it. theres no point in him saying that hes not the favourite when he is - look at his record, theres no-one even close to him. and its not as if hes hasn't had to work damn hard to get where he is - think of how much pressure hes under to maintain his number one position.

anyway, just my thoughts Smile

(also, julias right - he is much sexier this year Wink )

=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #52 on: November 20, 2005, 10:56 PM »

I hear what you say  and don't dispute  that he is obviously very very good at what he does but I still just can't take to the guy.  I think it's good for the sport that Nalbandian won, and won in such a good match too.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #53 on: November 20, 2005, 10:57 PM »

Quote from: "hulahoop"
Quote from: "Mark"

shocking  Oops, am I really that bossy?

Unfortunately I can only look on Rog and the Andys with maternal affections. But I dont think Rog has any sex appeal at all. He's just a sublime tennis player. Smile

LOL @ top_spin who has single handedly probably used up the whole of Mark's bandwidth on this thread!!

Wink Great photos though, Nalbandian is great.

No, not bossy, I never said that hula old hoop.

And I know you say it light heartedly but just so everyone knows, bandwidth will never be an issue here @ MW.com, if it gets to that stage I'll just move to a host that will give us a terrabyte of bandwidth a month, just for Julia Smile

Although, all these images of topless men can get to me, there really should be a forum just for guys where we can post images of Maria? :/
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #54 on: November 20, 2005, 11:07 PM »

Wink just watch I dont take that stick that my aged body obviously needs and thwack you with it!!  yahooo  yahooo  yahooo
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #55 on: November 20, 2005, 11:10 PM »

no  > fish  >  retard  >  Crying or Very sad  >  doctor
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #56 on: November 21, 2005, 09:12 AM »

But I dont think Rog has any sex appeal at all.

wthell  shocking
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #57 on: November 21, 2005, 09:21 AM »

I hear what you say  and don't dispute  that he is obviously very very good at what he does but I still just can't take to the guy.  I think it's good for the sport that Nalbandian won, and won in such a good match too.

fair point josh Smile it is good for the sport that someone else won and i'm so glad that it was a great match Smile (although....on similar lines, i've never been able to take to nalbandian)
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #58 on: November 21, 2005, 10:04 AM »

Just thought I'd add my tuppence worth to this thread.   I totally agree with the senitments posted by Laura, and I would cringe if Federer came across as all coy and modest.  There is a difference between being rude and arrogant (which Fed is not) and having self-belief, self-confidence and enjoying your success.  Federer has every right to revel in what he has achieved, and his graciousness in defeat yesterday, just underlines what a thoroughly decent guy he is.   yes
IP Logged
hulahoop
Seed

Federer has finally fallen! « Reply #59 on: November 21, 2005, 11:37 AM »

ellyb, I agree with every word of your post.

Frown but, sorry, he'll never have any PHWOAR factor for me, except with regard to his tennis.

It's a good job we're all different. Very Happy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »