Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss.

(Read 25234 times)
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 09:31 PM »

[ Last edit by ak400 November 28, 2011, 09:41 PM ] IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 09:59 PM »

Memories for soon that is all you will have do you seriously believe that once Andy, Nadal and Djoko are fit that he will be in the latter stages of the big tourneys??   He won the masters yesterday either three of the top four would have taken advantage of his "choke" yesterday.  Enjoy it while you can ak400 never mind nobody will be able go take hour memories away or your nightmares like that awful White suit.......
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 10:15 PM »

Memories for soon that is all you will have do you seriously believe that once Andy, Nadal and Djoko are fit that he will be in the latter stages of the big tourneys??   He won the masters yesterday either three of the top four would have taken advantage of his "choke" yesterday.  Enjoy it while you can ak400 never mind nobody will be able go take hour memories away or your nightmares like that awful White suit.......
Hardly a choke, he lost concentration against a plucky Frenchman who was just happy to be taking part but settled the score emphatically.

If Nadal and DJokovic regain their form then of course Roger will have some tough but winnable matches in the majors next year as they were no doubt the players to beat this year.

Murray is not a factor in this discussion since he has never come close to beating Roger in a major and lost to the other 2 members of the big 3 Roger aside in all 4 majors this year.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 10:19 PM »

Trying to post a link to a Twitterer that isn't working.

Basically, go onto Twitter and look for PseudoFed. It's very much worthwhile.

'All I want for Xmas is me.'

'Goodbye, my London fans. It has been a pleasure for you all.'

lmao Very good!

"Just sent a text to Sue Barker to see if she can help get the Wimbledon draws in my flavour next year. She replied, "OK GOAT" #humble"

"Thank you my fan, you are honoured to receive this message. I know I have made your Christmas already #humble"

I'm not sure about the deliberately poor English, although it is quite funny - for all that I dislike Federer, at least he can speak a few languages very well!

IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 10:23 PM »

And of course:

"One of my staff just suggested to me that I am only doing well because I haven't won anything all year so I am not as tired #yourfired"

lmao
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 11:05 PM »

Luvvit.

I also liked the 'Not sure what to do this evening. May buy a hotel.'

and

'This morning I actually stayed behind after the breakfasts to watch my staff wash the dishes. I do this sometimes, it keeps me #humble'
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 11:13 PM »

'Mirror Mirror on the wall, who is the most humble of them all? #GOAT'
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 12:24 AM »

Awww...that's sweet. Who's that smug?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 12:27 AM »

Hardly a choke, he lost concentration against a plucky Frenchman who was just happy to be taking part but settled the score emphatically.

If Nadal and DJokovic regain their form then of course Roger will have some tough but winnable matches in the majors next year as they were no doubt the players to beat this year.

Murray is not a factor in this discussion since he has never come close to beating Roger in a major and lost to the other 2 members of the big 3 Roger aside in all 4 majors this year.

But Murray has beaten a PRIME Nadal TWICE in GSs (USO 2008 & AO2010), something your GOAT has yet to accomplish.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 12:30 AM »

I am sure ak400 is 14 but if you ask him, he might insist he's 14 and half.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 12:39 AM »

Not a factor????? Only last week Andy was ranked ahead of him. He has also beaten him more times  than Smuggerlugs  has beaten him.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 01:10 AM »

To be honest I'm not surprised that Federer is as smug as he is when you see fellow professional players tweet this sort of crap.  It's no wonder Eurosport Tramlines called it sycophantic tweet of the week:

"'The King' hanging out with the common folk."

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/tramlines__2/tramlines-401622992-1321284175.jpg?ymQZs9FDpy.19PHI

IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 01:12 AM »

But Murray has beaten a PRIME Nadal TWICE in GSs (USO 2008 & AO2010), something your GOAT has yet to accomplish.
Murray has also lost to Nadal in his last 3 Grand slams.

Roger has twice beaten Nadal in a Grand Slam final. Murray hasnt beaten anyone in a grand slam final or even come close
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 01:15 AM »

Not a factor????? Only last week Andy was ranked ahead of him. He has also beaten him more times  than Smuggerlugs  has beaten him.

I said Murray is not a factor in the majors with regard to Feds chances he has not come close to beating Roger in a major and lost to the other members of the big 3.

Being ranked higher for 2 weeks on the back of a few good results in some low key tournaments in Asia does not make him a factor in the majors agaimst Roger all of a sudden.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 01:41 AM »

Murray has also lost to Nadal in his last 3 Grand slams.

Roger has twice beaten Nadal in a Grand Slam final. Murray hasnt beaten anyone in a grand slam final or even come close

Yes, he has when Nadal was still a baby but never in his prime. On the other hand, Murray has beaten him twice in his prime in two different slams. That's more noteworthy.

But seriously, a truly mature person not to mention, a true and genuine fan of Federer wouldn't go to some other player's forum and post all sorts of rubbish about his idol and put the other player's achievements down in front of their very fans. You are either the dumbest person to have ever lived on this planet not to understand this simple concept after being told like a 100 times - or your head is so far up SmugFed's arse that you are unable to see or understand anything else. Your pick.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »