Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. 0 Members and 2 Guests are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss.

(Read 20011 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #60 on: November 29, 2011, 07:39 AM »

Wow.......Andy is just magnificent when he's fit! It did my heart good to see those again.......Thanks Bev!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 08:02 AM »

Bevc, loved those clips, clever old you clap
GOAT arguments are boring and pointless, they just go round and round. Certainly Rog was the greatest of his era- GOHE, which IMHO started with his first Wimbledon win and ended with his defeat by Rafa at Wimbledon.
I think he is certainly to be congratulated on peaking fitness wise at this time when the other 3 are all struggling.
However,when I saw him play Ferrer, he looked sublime, but also saw him play Fish, when he looked utterly beatable. So I'm not convinced he can maintain this level of match fitness over 5 sets for two weeks.
 ranting because I saw blooming Tipsaravic twice!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 11:19 AM »

Glad you enjoyed ladies. Andy should always remember that he gets up Fedex's nose and that he can and has beaten him. Long may he continue to do so. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 06:56 PM »

How about the Toronto one? Andy beat both Nadal and Federer in the same tournament in the very town I live in. I even went about saying that it was all possible because me! lol

Here's the part 1 of the full match:

IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #64 on: November 29, 2011, 07:10 PM »

What about their 2nd meeting and the then World No.1

This clip is a bit funny because most of the points shown here were won by Federer, so I am thinking some Fedtard posted it on youtube. Got a bit misty eye after seeing Brad at the end of the match. Even though they never got along, I thought he was very fond of Andy.

Good find, Bevc!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #65 on: November 29, 2011, 07:27 PM »

Federer beat no names to win his majors in 2006. Novak beat Nadal, Federer and Murray in all the Grand Slams this year to win three of the four majors. Beating Nadal and Federer in GSs is no laughing matter and it takes a lot out of you. Ask Federer to beat a 19 year old Nadal only and see what he has to say. The competition level Novak faced in 2011 is far greater than those of Federer’s and it doesn’t matter how many hundreds of matches Federer played in those years. Novak’s single season will always reign supreme, given the fact he has titles on all surfaces and I am not talking about 250 events. He's dominated Nadal on clay on each occasion - something Federer wasn't able to do in million years. Nole doesn’t need to defend anything. His this season is arguably the greatest season in the open year. Federer doesn’t come anywhere near him.

Even in 2006, Federer’s supposedly glorious year, Nadal led him 6-2 in the H2H and Murray led him 1-0 (Cincinnati Masters), who'd just turned pro the year before. These two are not just two random players but the two of top four players of the current crop. These are also the players who have positive H2H vs Federer. Check Novak's H2H this year vs top three and you will see the difference.

Federer never had to beat two of the supposedly great players in history back to back to win majors as did Nole and Del Potro. Roddick used to be Federer's main rival - who's more like Federer, Nadal and Murray’s b**ch these days. They school him on a regular basis and it's been happening for a while now. Roddick is your today’s Ferrer at best; the only difference is, Ferrer didn’t have the luck to have a transition year like 2003; otherwise he would have gotten a slam to his credit as well. 

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 06:33 AM »

Thanks for the clip Emma! I'd love to see the whole thing again!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #67 on: November 30, 2011, 09:37 AM »

Federer beat no names to win his majors in 2006. Novak beat Nadal, Federer and Murray in all the Grand Slams this year to win three of the four majors. Beating Nadal and Federer in GSs is no laughing matter and it takes a lot out of you. Ask Federer to beat a 19 year old Nadal only and see what he has to say. The competition level Novak faced in 2011 is far greater than those of Federer’s and it doesn’t matter how many hundreds of matches Federer played in those years. Novak’s single season will always reign supreme, given the fact he has titles on all surfaces and I am not talking about 250 events. He's dominated Nadal on clay on each occasion - something Federer wasn't able to do in million years. Nole doesn’t need to defend anything. His this season is arguably the greatest season in the open year. Federer doesn’t come anywhere near him.

Even in 2006, Federer’s supposedly glorious year, Nadal led him 6-2 in the H2H and Murray led him 1-0 (Cincinnati Masters), who'd just turned pro the year before. These two are not just two random players but the two of top four players of the current crop. These are also the players who have positive H2H vs Federer. Check Novak's H2H this year vs top three and you will see the difference.

Federer never had to beat two of the supposedly great players in history back to back to win majors as did Nole and Del Potro. Roddick used to be Federer's main rival - who's more like Federer, Nadal and Murray’s b**ch these days. They school him on a regular basis and it's been happening for a while now. Roddick is your today’s Ferrer at best; the only difference is, Ferrer didn’t have the luck to have a transition year like 2003; otherwise he would have gotten a slam to his credit as well. 

Spot-on. Federer is no better a player than Murray, Nadal or Djokovic. He was simply lucky to be a few years older and capitalised on a weak era.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #68 on: November 30, 2011, 11:07 AM »

Well said Emma concise AND factual.
But it shall never stir the mind of `Mr Coco Pops from LaLa land`into changing his (or her) mind.
Some Fed fans should really not forget to take their meds!
Yes he's skillfull & graceful etc but without a weak era Federer would never be in consideration
as a `goat`, Samparas always had the likes of Agassi, Becker Courior and all the rest to contend with.
Federer had the trials of Roddick & Phillypussy his first 4 years!
He was very lucky then & his luck (along with favourable scheduling) still hasn't run out.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #69 on: November 30, 2011, 05:58 PM »

"Roddick is your today’s Ferrer at best; the only difference is, Ferrer didn’t have the luck to have a transition year like 2003"

Don't quite agree with this part though, ferrer is a much better player than Roddick everywhere except grass & deserves his Number 5 placing in a much stronger (although not fully matured thanks to Andy) era.
But i think Tsonga might take it from him or maybe Del Potro next year.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #70 on: November 30, 2011, 08:00 PM »

As I have said before this is a tennis forum and Roger happens to be the greatest tennis player of all time, discussing a tennis player (the greatest ever) on a tennis forum seems reasonable enough to me

retard     Its an Andy Murray forum you moron

This is the 'Tennis Talk' section of the website.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #71 on: November 30, 2011, 11:17 PM »

This is the 'Tennis Talk' section of the website.

umm yes i realize that , im not stupid

it just is surprising to me that this forum would let someone who is obviously anti Andy post their garbage thats all
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #72 on: December 01, 2011, 06:21 AM »

it just is surprising to me that this forum would let someone who is obviously anti Andy post their garbage thats all
Yep.....my thoughts exactly......Called 'trolling' isn't it?
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #73 on: December 01, 2011, 11:24 AM »

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=GB#/watch?v=NsGsx8yTKeE
IP Logged
LIBANY
Satellite Level

Connecting to multiple grand slams Murray!

Re: Federer is not the GOAT. Discuss. « Reply #74 on: December 01, 2011, 01:37 PM »

I do not understand that the administrators of this forum give the right to come to this Olibrius discharge of his smear campaign ANDY. If this forum does not meet Andy, who will? I confess not to have wanted to come .... see this laxity. He must laugh cause us to come and see the directors confuse "right to expression" and "right to trespass." Sorry to write this but I think so.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »