Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  French Open - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 Go Down Reply
Author

French Open - Other Players

(Read 7621 times)
what
Challenger Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #570 on: June 05, 2011, 06:24 PM »

Andy is more talented then Rafa, in my opinion.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #571 on: June 05, 2011, 06:26 PM »

Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with results.  Shrug
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #572 on: June 05, 2011, 06:28 PM »

Unfortunately, that has nothing to do with results.  Shrug

I agree with that. Pure talent will rarely bring you trophies.
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #573 on: June 05, 2011, 06:29 PM »

Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #574 on: June 05, 2011, 06:35 PM »

From my limited school-girl French it sounded like Fed was praising Nadal whilst, as usual, never missing the opportunity to give himself a pat on the back as well. Rolling Eyes

Absolutely lovely to hear Nadal - 3 languages! wub

I was curious about which language Federer speaks at home ... my comm today said he is a German speaking Swiss.  Anyone know?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #575 on: June 05, 2011, 06:36 PM »

I agree with that. Pure talent will rarely bring you trophies.
For me, Andy's talent needs to be channeled in a more healthy way.  It's a bit erratic right now.  Lots of people not telling him what he needs to take on board in terms of 'shut the f**k up during matches, and stop wasting your energy on having so many dialogues with yourself and all get out.  All you are doing is telling your opponent you are wound up.  Wearing his heart on his sleeve is not going to do him any favours.  However, this is why we love him, so I guess it's not fair to berate him for it.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #576 on: June 05, 2011, 06:41 PM »

If my Auntie had balls, she'd be my uncle, BBH.  No point in thinking along those lines.  Hoping it's to come for Andy, but today is Rafa's day - no doubt!  Very Happy

Exactly, make the most of what you have   Little tongue man congratulations to Rafa, i'm not a fan of either Rafa or Fedex, so for me the result is arbitary, but i appreciate good tennis when i see it, here's hoping someone new steps up to the plate sooner rather than later (oh and not Nolly although he could get his chance at wimby)
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #577 on: June 05, 2011, 06:42 PM »

Agree with you Elly - wish he douldn't show his feelings on court - it helps his opponents. I'm off to the Bistro for dinner now - see ou all in a couple of days when I'm home. Love you lots.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #578 on: June 05, 2011, 06:43 PM »

Agree with you Elly - wish he douldn't show his feelings on court - it helps his opponents. I'm off to the Bistro for dinner now - see ou all in a couple of days when I'm home. Love you lots.

Drive safe ... Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #579 on: June 05, 2011, 06:44 PM »

I was curious about which language Federer speaks at home ... my comm today said he is a German speaking Swiss.  Anyone know?
I would suspect he speaks German, but then again Switzerland falls into the diglossic category in terms of linguistics, so it's hard to know what language he speaks at home.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #580 on: June 05, 2011, 06:45 PM »

I would suspect he speaks German, but then again Switzerland falls into the diglossic category in terms of linguistics, so it's hard to know what language he speaks at home.

Just looking at him, I don't "hear" German coming out of his mouth.  Weird, isn't it.  I have never heard him speak German, ever.

Just had a look-see ...

Roger Federer can speak 4 languages fluently German, Swiss German, English, & French, plus Roger can speak a little bit of some other languages like Spanish, Swedish and Italian.

Read more: http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_languages_does_roger_federer_speak#ixzz1OQP59Poz
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #581 on: June 05, 2011, 06:47 PM »

For me, Andy's talent needs to be channeled in a more healthy way.  It's a bit erratic right now.  Lots of people not telling him what he needs to take on board in terms of 'shut the f**k up during matches, and stop wasting your energy on having so many dialogues with yourself and all get out.  All you are doing is telling your opponent you are wound up.  Wearing his heart on his sleeve is not going to do him any favours.  However, this is why we love him, so I guess it's not fair to berate him for it.

To be honest, I see emotions as part of sports, so his monologues, cheering up doesn't bother me. I like it. The main thing is, show your emotions, but stay focused and work hard then you can get better. Wink Very Happy
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #582 on: June 05, 2011, 06:48 PM »

Just looking at him, I don't "hear" German coming out of his mouth.  Weird, isn't it.  I have never heard him speak German, ever.
Also, I think... and it may be a stretch, that I saw Mirka encourage him in French, today.  Now, that may just be because they are in France, and the language is familiar.

To be fair - unless I'm wrong - there are no tournaments that require the German language.  Clearly he can speak French and English equally as well.  Does it not just make you feel ignorant?  It does me!  Very Happy
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #583 on: June 05, 2011, 06:49 PM »

If only Andy had Rafa's talent, he'd have won a dozen slams by now Rolling Eyes
Don't agree on that one. Andy has far more variety in his game, far more talent.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #584 on: June 05, 2011, 06:50 PM »

Also, I think... and it may be a stretch, that I saw Mirka encourage him in French, today.  Now, that may just be because they are in France, and the language is familiar.

To be fair - unless I'm wrong - there are no tournaments that require the German language.  Clearly he can speak French and English equally as well.  Does it not just make you feel ignorant?  It does me!  Very Happy

Of course not  I'm British and think everyone should speak English  Rolling Eyes lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »