Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  French Open - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 42 Go Down Reply
Author

French Open - Other Players

(Read 7521 times)
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #15 on: May 20, 2011, 12:37 PM »

Yeah good news indeed, she is one watch and has had a great year this far.  A good show at RG and with the help of an inevitable WC to some of the grass court tournaments plus wimbledon she is likely to be top 100 very soon.  She has already done very well on the hard courts already and of the younger british players she is by far the best.  Laura is a couple of years behind her, and hopefully Heather can pull her along as well.

Great for her to qualify.  May be the last time she ever has to.  Of course I remember when Andy had to qualify for the US open that first time it was no bad thing for him at all, even if he was pissed at not getting a WC.  Better for a young player to earn it.  If you are hungry and good enough you will fight your own way to the top.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #16 on: May 20, 2011, 02:26 PM »

Hell's bells ...

World No. 2 Novak Djokovic comes into Roland Garros in red-hot form, but could have his work cut out for him early on as he is projected to meet 2009 US Open champion Juan Martin del Potro in a mouth-watering third-round clash.

The 23-year-old Djokovic, who celebrates his birthday on Sunday, is a two-time semi-finalist at Roland Garros (2007-2008) and comes into the clay-court Grand Slam on a 39-match unbeaten run. The Serbian faces Dutchman Thiemo de Bakker in the first round and would need to pass either Benoit Paire or Victor Hanescu for the chance to face del Potro, who himself has a tricky passage with Ivo Karlovic in the first round and possibly Ernests Gulbis in the second round. French hope and No. 13 seed Richard Gasquet would be a potential fourth-round challenge for the winner.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #17 on: May 20, 2011, 02:28 PM »

^ Oohhh.... That should be a good one!  Little tongue man
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #18 on: May 20, 2011, 02:29 PM »

Getting ahead of myself, but so looking forward to seeing DelPo back on "solid" ground ...

Juan Martin del Potro, the 2008 Farmers Classic presented by Mercedes-Benz champion and the 2009 US Open champion, will headline the field for the 2011 tournament that will take place July 25-31 at the Los Angeles Tennis Center on the campus of UCLA.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #19 on: May 20, 2011, 02:31 PM »

And Nadal is going to open against Isner Frown
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 02:49 PM »

I just can't take to Isner or Berdych and I don't really know why! I wonder if it's the height!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 04:33 AM »

In the Metro today, Andrew Castle is saying Andy might be the only man that can halt Noles run.  It also says that Nole had to change his diet to gluten free because of stomach problems, wonder if that's got anything to do with him having more energy now?
Very definitely, since gluten damages the gut in people with gluten intolerance and this, apart from causing stomach problems which themselves can be debilitating, prevents the essential vitamins and minerals in our food from being efficientlyabsorbed into the blood-stream, thereby causing feelings of fatigue.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 03:31 PM »

Yep very sad, my Father died five years ago - and i'm still not over it, god knows where she's found the strength to play in this years RG. We all salute you Razzano, good luck.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #23 on: May 21, 2011, 11:39 PM »

Djokovic: I can't be mates with Andy and Rafa while we're fighting for a place in history

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1389547/Novak-Djokovic-I-mates-Andy-Murray-Rafael-Nadal-fighting-place-history.html#ixzz1N1sua02Q
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #24 on: May 22, 2011, 02:52 AM »

Djokovic: I can't be mates with Andy and Rafa while we're fighting for a place in history

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-1389547/Novak-Djokovic-I-mates-Andy-Murray-Rafael-Nadal-fighting-place-history.html#ixzz1N1sua02Q
Very interesting article.  Thanks. Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #25 on: May 22, 2011, 10:00 AM »

Hewitt out and a lucky loser gets his spot.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #26 on: May 22, 2011, 10:28 AM »

Castle is commentating on BBCi. Think
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #27 on: May 22, 2011, 10:34 AM »

Castle is commentating on BBCi. Think

I have some Aussie commentators.
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #28 on: May 22, 2011, 11:39 AM »

BBC red button is now showing Niemen and Ferrer. This means that those with freeview should be able to record tennis from channel 301.
IP Logged
what
Challenger Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #29 on: May 22, 2011, 12:03 PM »

Nishokiri is playing quite well. clap
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »