Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  French Open - Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 Go Down Reply
Author

French Open - Other Players

(Read 8347 times)
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #600 on: June 05, 2011, 09:00 PM »

I think he was referring to the metronomic way that Rafa plays, no real variety.
However Rafa achieves it (and I'm not a big fan) Fed seems churlish not to acknowledge this.  It's fascinating to witness the mind games between these two.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #601 on: June 06, 2011, 07:58 AM »

Federer's thoughts on the final:

"...he got a touch lucky. There was a lot of close calls with the net, like right close to the lines plays and so forth. So it was a tough moment. I think that was one of my bigger chances of the match. And then going to maybe a potential rain delay, just having won a set in the bag is obviously a good thing to have."

"Obviously I'm the one that's playing with smaller margins, so obviously I'm always going to go through a bit more up and downs; whereas Rafa is content doing the one thing for the entire time. So it's always me who's going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well, I will most likely win in the score or beat him; if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins."
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #602 on: June 06, 2011, 08:22 AM »

"...he got a touch lucky. There was a lot of close calls with the net, like right close to the lines plays and so forth. So it was a tough moment. I think that was one of my bigger chances of the match. And then going to maybe a potential rain delay, just having won a set in the bag is obviously a good thing to have."

"Obviously I'm the one that's playing with smaller margins, so obviously I'm always going to go through a bit more up and downs; whereas Rafa is content doing the one thing for the entire time. So it's always me who's going to dictate play and decide how the outcome is going to be. If I play well, I will most likely win in the score or beat him; if I'm not playing so well, that's when he wins."
Classic! Self love
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #603 on: June 06, 2011, 08:53 AM »

Modest and generous to the end!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #604 on: June 06, 2011, 11:39 AM »

Modest you must be kidding. I presume you are talking about Federer.
Was this meant to be tough in cheek! At least I hope so. We all know
Roger is not in the least modest about himself.
I'm sure we are glad Rafa won or we would never hear the end of
it from Federer. Well done Rafa.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #605 on: June 06, 2011, 11:53 AM »

Modest you must be kidding. I presume you are talking about Federer.
Was this meant to be tough in cheek! At least I hope so. We all know
Roger is not in the least modest about himself.
I'm sure we are glad Rafa won or we would never hear the end of
it from Federer. Well done Rafa.

Littlebuddha, you missed my irony! No, I have no doubts that Federer is the LEAST modest player ever.

Incidentally, Djokovic appears to be attempting to catch up with RF in the non-modest stakes.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #606 on: June 06, 2011, 12:58 PM »

I agree all those wins have made him very big headed.
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #607 on: June 06, 2011, 04:50 PM »

Littlebuddha, you missed my irony! No, I have no doubts that Federer is the LEAST modest player ever.

Incidentally, Djokovic appears to be attempting to catch up with RF in the non-modest stakes.

I heard Djokovic the other day, talking about his win, and while it did sound big-headed to the casual observer, it made me wonder just what can a player possibly say about his performance when he has played absolutely scorching tennis?  Be coy, and say ... I got lucky when everyone knows that's a lie.  It's very difficult for all these top players to discuss their outstanding performances without sounding big-headed.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #608 on: June 06, 2011, 05:19 PM »

I heard Djokovic the other day, talking about his win, and while it did sound big-headed to the casual observer, it made me wonder just what can a player possibly say about his performance when he has played absolutely scorching tennis?  Be coy, and say ... I got lucky when everyone knows that's a lie.  It's very difficult for all these top players to discuss their outstanding performances without sounding big-headed.

Not true. Just listen to Nadal speaking about his success. This is a most humble man, who has NEVER forgotten his background or his family. He still lives in a normal town without ever flaunting his many achievments.

I believe that our Andy, when he finally acquires his goal will not change that much. It is well known that although AM is financially secure, he similarly does not boast of his victories. In fact, it took some time before he started spending the gains he had made. 
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #609 on: June 06, 2011, 05:40 PM »

Not true. Just listen to Nadal speaking about his success. This is a most humble man, who has NEVER forgotten his background or his family. He still lives in a normal town without ever flaunting his many achievments.

I believe that our Andy, when he finally acquires his goal will not change that much. It is well known that although AM is financially secure, he similarly does not boast of his victories. In fact, it took some time before he started spending the gains he had made. 

I've heard Nadal say that he has played well, that he has played very well, etc etc.  I think one of the reasons he does not sound as emphatic as some of the others is because his English is not as good as some of the others.  His general attitude is one of self effacement which could also be criticised for being insincere.

With regard to Murray and his finances ... being financially secure has absolutely nothing to do with boasting about victories !!
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #610 on: June 07, 2011, 07:27 AM »

Zapping RG ..... funnny !

IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #611 on: June 07, 2011, 07:55 AM »

We love Federer in Paris , we adore him !!! yay yay  , we don 't like Nadal ....

I'm going to overlook this comment, due to that we love you and your amazing photos hug
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #612 on: June 07, 2011, 07:57 AM »

wtf  shutup 

I'm SO glad Rafa kicked Fedex's butt cmon yeah trophy
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #613 on: June 07, 2011, 09:07 AM »

I'm going to overlook this comment, due to that we love you and your amazing photos hug

Ahaha ..... merci !  lmao  , go guys spank me i love that ....
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: French Open - Other Players « Reply #614 on: June 07, 2011, 09:13 AM »

wtf  shutup 

I'm SO glad Rafa kicked Fedex's butt cmon yeah trophy
Here here from me and 'Grrrrrrr' from Boy!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 [41] 42 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »