Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  French Open - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 209 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: French Open - The Other Players  (Read 22387 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3015 on: June 09, 2013, 05:17 PM »

Did Nadal bite the trophy? I turned off after the match and had tuned out way before then.

I hope Ferrer is proud of himself. He ought to be, but there was a sense before it began today that he was just glad to be there. He and Nadal were laughing together, it was strange. I think they both knew who was going to win.

The best thing about it is that's it for the clay for another year. Hateful surface, the most tedious slam, apart from the odd match, and no Andy. Could it get worse? Bring on the grass!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3016 on: June 09, 2013, 05:18 PM »

I think the security handled that very well, but it is a bit of a worry! Maybe they should start searching  people on the way in!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3017 on: June 09, 2013, 05:22 PM »

I don't like Rafa very much, but I never thought I'd see him with the number on the back of his shoes. Doesn't that make him look up himself? Like when Fed had a trophy put on his shoes?  Rolling Eyes
I never noticed that Caz.  What an arrogant twit.

Anyone else think that Nadal seemed to have cut down quite a lot on his usual on-court 'activties'?
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3018 on: June 09, 2013, 05:24 PM »

[/quote]

I think the security handled that very well, but it is a bit of a worry! Maybe they should start searching  people on the way in!
Your right Caz they do at the AO , they went through hand bags pockets, and said no taking pictures!!
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3019 on: June 09, 2013, 05:25 PM »

Nadal 5th seed at Wimby AEC need to start draw fixing. If he ends up in qf w/ Andy that woud not be cool.

I think fed-nadal would be a great qf at wimby.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3020 on: June 09, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Your right Caz they do at the AO , they went through hand bags pockets, and said no taking pictures!!
Quite right too Deb. The nutters get everywhere these days. I hope they're taking note at Queens and Wimbledon!
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3021 on: June 09, 2013, 05:28 PM »

Well no surprise there then I see Rafa won the FO again. Was out today only just got home never saw the match at all. Didn't miss much reading some of the posts on MW. At least that's the end of that tournament and for that i am very grateful. Same as a lot of other's. Must admit that I have hardly watched any of the FO this year. Get so fed up with Rafa winning it year after year. He's so fake always saying he's not the favorite etc etc. Looking forward to tommorow and the start of the grass court.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3022 on: June 09, 2013, 05:30 PM »

They should've shoved that flare up Nadal's arse - give him something to pick at !

Some excitement at least.

That's the reaction to have when a protester comes on court with a flare! Rolling Eyes

Similar thing happened in 09 when that guy ran on and attacked Roger with the flag.

And yeah- slight difference between a flag!!!! held by a nutty fan and a LIT FLARE held by a nutty protester!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3023 on: June 09, 2013, 05:30 PM »

I never noticed that Caz.  What an arrogant twit.

Anyone else think that Nadal seemed to have cut down quite a lot on his usual on-court 'activties'?
Yes Aileen, but maybe he was just hurrying through the match, so he could get his teeth into that trophy! I left the room before matchpoint.......just couldn't bear it!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3024 on: June 09, 2013, 05:32 PM »

That's the reaction to have when a protester comes on court with a flare! Rolling Eyes

And yeah- slight difference between a flag!!!! held by a nutty fan and a LIT FLARE held by a nutty protester!

Your intent on being an arse then. I'll blow that same fiddle.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3025 on: June 09, 2013, 05:33 PM »

Did Nadal bite the trophy? I turned off after the match and had tuned out way before then.

I hope Ferrer is proud of himself. He ought to be, but there was a sense before it began today that he was just glad to be there. He and Nadal were laughing together, it was strange. I think they both knew who was going to win.
I'm sure he is TJ.   It's no mean achievement to reach your first GS final at the age of 31!  And Ferrer didn't seem in the least upset like he was when Andy beat him in Miami.  In fact the one and only time he beat Nadal on clay was back in 2004 so to think he could beat him here would have been seriously deluding himself.  He did the best thing in the circumstances - just go on court and try to make a bit of a fist of it and enjoy the experience.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3026 on: June 09, 2013, 05:34 PM »

Many act as if it is a 'bad' thing to win a tournament again and again. I'm not talking about Rafa as a person, but as a player, you have to give him the credit.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3027 on: June 09, 2013, 05:35 PM »

Many act as if it is a 'bad' thing to win a tournament again and again. I'm not talking about Rafa as a person, but as a player, you have to give him the credit.

It get's incredibly boring and tedious though.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3028 on: June 09, 2013, 05:35 PM »

Was lovely to see Rafa win and to be so emotional about it. The haters can keep on hating but I choose to love him wub

jumping-w00t  trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy trophy  jumping-w00t

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3029 on: June 09, 2013, 05:37 PM »

It get's incredibly boring and tedious though.

Since you don't like him, you feel that way. Not just you, but almost everyone here. I mean no offence to anyone, but it was slightly disgusting to read the comments here whenever we talk about Rafa.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 201 [202] 203 204 205 ... 209 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »