Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  French Open - The Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 ... 209 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: French Open - The Other Players  (Read 22428 times)
laundry
Top Seed

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3045 on: June 09, 2013, 05:54 PM »

I want them to face off, the bagel in Tokyo was delightful, Andy needs more of them.
He can face him in the final then, after he takes out Djokovic.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3046 on: June 09, 2013, 05:54 PM »

Andy will maul that greasy buttpicking slug, I have no doubt about it.
I hope so. But must admit am a bit worried about the prospect of them meeting each other.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3047 on: June 09, 2013, 05:55 PM »

What Nadal has done is an achievement. I think the issue some have with him, including me, is his false modesty and his fake manner in general. It is also quite dull listening to comms weeing themselves over him. We all know Rafa is good on clay, we don't need to be told 500 times a match. We also don't need to keep hearing how he will go on a long run this year. Although, the idea of him going on a long run does appeal. I'm just too polite to say what he should run off. I don't dislike him in the way I do Federer, but it is close.

The fact is that no one knows how Nadal is going to be for the rest of the year. To predict a long run of wins and finishing at world no.1 is ridiculous at this point. If Nadal has bad knees a long run of wins would probably finish him anyway.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3048 on: June 09, 2013, 05:56 PM »

Nadal is nothing on grass. That is emphasised by last year's losses to Kohlschreiber and Rosol. Yes, he won Wimbledon twice, but that's all he's getting. I predict Rafa to lose in the fourth round to someone like Tsonga.
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3049 on: June 09, 2013, 05:56 PM »

Rafa is the last person I want Andy to be facing at Wimbledon. Put him in Djokovic's half again please!
That's how i feel. Hope Rafa is in Novak's side of the draw
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3050 on: June 09, 2013, 05:57 PM »

I hope so. But must admit am a bit worried about the prospect of them meeting each other.

I would love to see an Andy-Rafa match, been so long since they played each other. But like you, I'm a little worried too.
It will be tough and entertaining, no doubt about that. Smile
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3051 on: June 09, 2013, 05:57 PM »

I wouldn't worry, deb.  Security at Wimbledon is very tight these days following all the terrorist activities in London over the past few years.  True the very occasional nutter will get through but after RG it wouldn't surprise me if they employ even more security men than they have been doing to keep a watchful eye on the crowd, especially in CC and No.1
Thats good Aileen , it really is a worry nowadays , you just have to watch the news!! Very sad.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3052 on: June 09, 2013, 05:59 PM »

I really dont know what to think about Rafa Idk whether he'll just dominate from now or if he'll get found out on faster surfaces?? I guess time will tell.

IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3053 on: June 09, 2013, 05:59 PM »

I would love to see an Andy-Rafa match, been so long since they played each other. But like you, I'm a little worried too.
It will be tough and entertaining, no doubt about that. Smile

I'd like to see them match up again sure, but not at Wimbledon. I would prefer they meet in a masters or something first so Andy can gauge where he is, not in the pressure cooker of a Wimbledon Final or even semi final
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3054 on: June 09, 2013, 05:59 PM »

I find Nadal so false he says the same thing all the time. Also I hope he does get time faults all the same routine every serve. He is also arrogant and that is why I dislike him so much time for him to get beaten at Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3055 on: June 09, 2013, 06:00 PM »

That's an interesting thought Caz. Very Happy  I think Nadal's haste was probably due to his concern that the weather might break and seriously interrupt the match.  Look how quickly he bounced onto the court when the rain became a bit heavier and the players had to come off birefly, while Ferrer wanted to stay off a bit longer.  And there was no time-wasting between points either.  What a shame he doesn't hurry more often!
I'm sure they will Aileen, but I do hope they might consider doing routine searches, because the nutters don't always look like nutters these days. That guy could just have easily had a gun!
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3056 on: June 09, 2013, 06:00 PM »

I really dont know what to think about Rafa Idk whether he'll just dominate from now or if he'll get found out on faster surfaces?? I guess time will tell.

Rafa was expected to win Roland Garros, it's not a surprise in any form to anyone, at least it shouldn't be. Rafa will probably win a few 'small' titles until the end of the year, but the stress and difference between the next two Slams and the French Open will affect Rafa.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3057 on: June 09, 2013, 06:01 PM »

Andy has beaten Rafa twice before in Hardcourt slams, i have no fear if they meet in the USopen this year
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

You mesmerize me, Andy

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3058 on: June 09, 2013, 06:02 PM »

I'd like to see them match up again sure, but not at Wimbledon. I would prefer they meet in a masters or something first so Andy can gauge where he is, not in the pressure cooker of a Wimbledon Final or even semi final

Yeah. Agree with that. Every word. Smile
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: French Open - The Other Players « Reply #3059 on: June 09, 2013, 06:02 PM »

Suprised Berdcyh being so nice about Rafa on twitter...i thought they had beef??
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 ... 209 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »