Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players

(Read 8840 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #120 on: February 23, 2013, 02:06 AM »

roflmao   LOL! Imagine the press reaction if Andy did that!
I don't care to imagine it lol but I don't think any player today could be quite as outrageous as the likes of Lendl, McEnroe, Connors and Nastase were.  They're a long-lost breed unfortunately.  I love tennis, but it's way too serious today.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #121 on: February 23, 2013, 02:58 AM »

The closest i've seen him get emotional over a line Smile
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #122 on: February 23, 2013, 03:15 AM »

I don't remember seeing that, so what year and which tournament because I didn't even have access to livestreaming until three years ago?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #123 on: February 23, 2013, 01:37 PM »

^Monte Carlo Masters 2009, Aileen. This got him to the semi's, where he was defeated by Rafa.

Thanks Gnome, I've seen it before. Andy was so intensely focussed, he couldn't focus (if you know what I mean.)
There's been some controversy over whether Davydenko spat in his hand before the handshake with Andy at the end. Who knows. Shrug
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #124 on: February 23, 2013, 01:54 PM »

Davydenco had another go at Andy. Remember he accused Andy of putting on an act against Neimanen when Andy could barely walk as he had a back injury cant remember the tournament. Davydenco then played against Andy who thrashed him. Seems to be bad blood between them.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #125 on: February 23, 2013, 02:40 PM »

That was at last years French Open, Davydenko actually had a go before his match against Andy at Wimbledon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/25/andy-murray-nikolay-davydenko
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #126 on: February 23, 2013, 02:53 PM »

What are you doing, Bernard?? lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vulmM1JNAyA
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #127 on: February 23, 2013, 03:31 PM »

Never have I seen this before ...
I found it kinda funny lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #128 on: February 23, 2013, 09:19 PM »

^Monte Carlo Masters 2009, Aileen. This got him to the semi's, where he was defeated by Rafa.
Thanks Linda.  I wasn't even a member of MW then, and I'm sure plenty was said about that little outburst.

That was at last years French Open, Davydenko actually had a go before his match against Andy at Wimbledon

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/25/andy-murray-nikolay-davydenko
I remember reading that article at the time.  Stupid auld baldie-heid! 
[ Last edit by Aileen February 23, 2013, 09:22 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #129 on: February 23, 2013, 09:36 PM »

I don't think even he knows what he's doing. Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #130 on: February 23, 2013, 09:57 PM »

Kudos to Fed for playing along.
Anyone know what the #FF stands for? (And please remember this is a hate-free thread, folks.)

My input: "Staff have forgotten to supply the letter 'S'. You're fired."

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #131 on: February 23, 2013, 10:07 PM »

Kudos to Fed for playing along.
Anyone know what the #FF stands for? (And please remember this is a hate-free thread, folks.)

My input: "Staff have forgotten to supply the letter 'S'. You're fired."
lol  FF is text-speak for Friends Forever.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #132 on: February 23, 2013, 10:10 PM »

HaHa! I honestly didn't know that, Aileen.

Still.. I'm open to other suggestions. lol
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #133 on: February 23, 2013, 10:38 PM »

#FF also stands for "follow friday" which is a thing on twitter where  people recommend their twitter accounts (or other ones they find interesting) in their tweets to other followers to follow on twitter.

I'm not sure that that's actually a genuine photo-I think that may be a clever edit of another picture,which is a trick PF has employed before.Looks to me like the one where Fed held up the sign saying he was supporting the squash bid for the Olympics,though not really sure about that one.

I could be totally wrong though of course,and if I am then all credit to Fed for playing along with the joke.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #134 on: February 23, 2013, 10:50 PM »

I'm not sure that that's actually a genuine photo-I think that may be a clever edit of another picture,which is a trick PF has employed before.Looks to me like the one where Fed held up the sign saying he was supporting the squash bid for the Olympics,though not really sure about that one.

I could be totally wrong though of course,and if I am then all credit to Fed for playing along with the joke.
Could be, Dani. Here's a shot from the Squash Back The Bid promo. Different over-shirt and colour of t-shirt, but anything is possible with photoshop.
And if it is a fake by PF.. well, that's even more hilarious, innit?

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »