Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players

(Read 10482 times)
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #195 on: April 23, 2013, 04:48 PM »

Can't believe Raonic. I wouldn't have guessed it in million years. And what kind of dance is that anyway?

The harlem shake! lol
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #196 on: April 23, 2013, 04:54 PM »

Whatever the dance is Andy does not look to impressed

But Andy's dancing too. Nadal looks really uncomfortable. lol

It's funny but I wouldn't date a guy who dances like that. eww!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #197 on: April 23, 2013, 06:47 PM »

Can't believe Raonic. I wouldn't have guessed it in million years. And what kind of dance is that anyway?
It's the latest dance craze, successor to Gangnam Style, which became popular after a song of that name was released in mid February, although it's origins date back to 1981 Harlem, and even further back to ancient Ethiopia - the myth being that it was done by mummies (who are dead people - right?) because their movements were restricted by their bindings and so they could only shake.

This article might http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Entertainment/harlem-shake-thing/story?id=18488615#.UXbGrbWceHg
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #198 on: April 23, 2013, 07:42 PM »

It's the latest dance craze, successor to Gangnam Style, which became popular after a song of that name was released in mid February, although it's origins date back to 1981 Harlem, and even further back to ancient Ethiopia - the myth being that it was done by mummies (who are dead people - right?) because their movements were restricted by their bindings and so they could only shake.

This article might http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Entertainment/harlem-shake-thing/story?id=18488615#.UXbGrbWceHg

But this dance by Raonic, it doesn't suggest he's restricted by bindings like the mummies as he has one arm up in the air - over his head to be precise. Anyway, the dance style is hideous but the history of it sounds rather intriguing.  Raonic totally fooled me there – I’ll give him that. I just didn’t know he’s capable of doing such a thing. lol
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #199 on: April 23, 2013, 09:37 PM »

But this dance by Raonic, it doesn't suggest he's restricted by bindings like the mummies as he has one arm up in the air - over his head to be precise. Anyway, the dance style is hideous but the history of it sounds rather intriguing.  Raonic totally fooled me there – I’ll give him that. I just didn’t know he’s capable of doing such a thing. lol
This mummies thing is supposedly what the Harlem Shake evolved from, not what it actually now is.

Re Raonic - I guess we might all get a surprise if we knew what talents some players have away from tennis.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #200 on: April 23, 2013, 10:34 PM »

Milos Raonic doing the Harlem Shake at the MC players party.  Great stuff! Very Happy

Milos wants to be careful. Any more of that and I'll have to start liking him lol. It's funny, Djokovic does that sort of thing and I hate it. I think he looks a prat to be honest. Raonic does it and I think it's hilarious lol. It makes him seem human, natural. Mind you, if he moved like that on the court he'd win more because the opponents would die laughing!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #201 on: April 24, 2013, 01:53 AM »

Milos wants to be careful. Any more of that and I'll have to start liking him lol. It's funny, Djokovic does that sort of thing and I hate it. I think he looks a prat to be honest. Raonic does it and I think it's hilarious lol. It makes him seem human, natural. Mind you, if he moved like that on the court he'd win more because the opponents would die laughing!
I just hope he doesn't rupture something when he does it - and it's obvious this isn't the first time!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #202 on: April 24, 2013, 06:01 PM »

The harlem shake! lol

I hate the stupid harlem shake.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #203 on: April 25, 2013, 12:59 AM »

I hate the stupid harlem shake.
I don't see anything wrong with it.  Like Gangnam Style it seems like a lot of fun and a good way to release one's inhibitions, although I'm not quite sure what inhibitions Andy's releasing in that video.  The way he's wildly waving his right arm in the air is hilarious!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #204 on: April 25, 2013, 01:02 AM »

Dancing is a fun way of bonding, and releasing energy and inhibitions.

I love it!  yay
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #205 on: April 25, 2013, 06:17 AM »

Dancing is a fun way of bonding, and releasing energy and inhibitions.

I love it!  yay

High five Linda!
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #206 on: April 25, 2013, 06:17 AM »

I don't see anything wrong with it.  Like Gangnam Style it seems like a lot of fun and a good way to release one's inhibitions, although I'm not quite sure what inhibitions Andy's releasing in that video.  The way he's wildly waving his right arm in the air is hilarious!

Exactly. It is wacky but kinda fun.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #207 on: April 25, 2013, 01:31 PM »

I was a big party girl and still I am but in a small way but I love dancing. I just personally don't like that as I find the moves cheesy. That's just my personal liking. I am cool if others are fond of it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #208 on: April 25, 2013, 03:21 PM »

I admit it isn't very aesthetically pleasing to watch but there's something primitive about it that I find quite exciting.  

Anyway is the concept really all that much different from The Twist which, as those of us old enough to remember, was hugely popular in the early 1960s?

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Funny/Interesting Stuff About Other Players « Reply #209 on: April 25, 2013, 04:06 PM »

Haha, Andy and his shoelaces!

Aileen - there are some quite specific "rules" in this Harlem Shake thing - the comments below mention Andy reacting before he is supposed to!

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem_Shake_(meme)
Usually, a video begins with one person (often helmeted or masked) dancing to the song alone for 15 seconds, surrounded by other people not paying attention or seemingly unaware of the dancing individual. When the bass drops, the video cuts to the entire crowd doing a crazy convulsive dance for the rest of the video. The dancing style should not be confused with the original Harlem Shake dance.[10][11] Additionally, in the second half of the video, people often wear either a minimum of clothes or crazy outfits or costumes while wielding strange props. [12][13] Typically, but not always, the video will end by converting to slow motion on the lion growl.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »