Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Get McEnroe 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Get McEnroe

(Read 660 times)
allanb

Get McEnroe « on: April 10, 2011, 03:48 PM »

Andy must get McEnroe, the man who understands the psychology of tennis better than anyone alive. He is the Brian Clough of the tennis world, he will get the very best out of Andy, i.e that first grandslam and W.No1.

Silince is golden, but duct tape is silver.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 03:50 PM »

I suspect if Andy got McEnroe, fisticuffs may ensue.....  Wink
IP Logged
allanb

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 03:53 PM »

That's good, get him fired up..... But seriously, Macca is the consumate professional and single minded is his middle name.
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 03:56 PM »

I doubt that's possible, given Macs' media commitments.
IP Logged
allanb

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #4 on: April 10, 2011, 03:59 PM »

That's just show bizz....anythings possible.
IP Logged
allanb

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #5 on: April 10, 2011, 04:08 PM »

Great British sportsman have had a habbit over the years of not wanting to rock the boat and settling for second place. McEnroe, had much less tallent than his record shows, but more than made up for it in gile and determination. Put those traits together with Andy's skills and you have that Grandslam winner we all want....and world number 1 will follow.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #6 on: April 10, 2011, 04:09 PM »

^ That may be.  You're spelling is shocking.  Are you British?  Very Happy
IP Logged
allanb

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #7 on: April 10, 2011, 04:14 PM »

Yes, and I guess you are too...a school teacher?

This is my first visit to the AM forum and I can't believe this topic is not in broad discussion. Instead you are all yacking about nonsense, does anyone over there in the UK read the news?

Andy's in big trouble, in case you didn't notice.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #8 on: April 10, 2011, 04:22 PM »

Yes, and I guess you are too...a school teacher?

This is my first visit to the AM forum and I can't believe this topic is not in broad discussion. Instead you are all yacking about nonsense, does anyone over there in the UK read the news?

Andy's in big trouble, in case you didn't notice.

I'm sorry, I was just being flippant.  Yes we know Andy is in trouble, and we try to lighten things up by being daft.

You are very welcome.  Most people are.  Sorry!  hug  Please continue to post.  I'm just a tired old 'has been'. x
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #9 on: April 10, 2011, 04:31 PM »

Will you do us an intro, allanb?  

For what it's worth, I do think Andy needs a very strong person to be in charge of his tennis, and his mindset.  It goes back to the old adage... You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.  Unless you are open to change, that change isn't going to happen.  Frown
IP Logged
allanb

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #10 on: April 10, 2011, 04:48 PM »

I am certain Andy is open to change, he wants to find a way to make that last step up. His time is now, he knows he can beat all his rivals, but needs that little doubt removed from his mind. Macca can do that.

Andy's last coach wasn't even there for him at the Aussie final, some coach? No way would Macca do that, he would be standing in the tramlines balling his head off.

Andy is no horse, he is a firey Jock, with a burning ambition to win. He needs McEnroe.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #11 on: April 10, 2011, 04:53 PM »

I am certain Andy is open to change, he wants to find a way to make that last step up. His time is now, he knows he can beat all his rivals, but needs that little doubt removed from his mind. Macca can do that.

Andy's last coach wasn't even there for him at the Aussie final, some coach? No way would Macca do that, he would be standing in the tramlines balling his head off.

Andy is no horse, he is a firey Jock, with a burning ambition to win. He needs McEnroe.
I admire your spunk, and I mean that in the best possible way.  Why did Andy part ways with Brad Gilbert?  He was THE man.  However, maybe now Andy sees that his way isn't always the best.  I, for one, hope so!  Very Happy
IP Logged
allanb

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #12 on: April 10, 2011, 04:54 PM »

Elly, didn't notice your apology, didn't mean to get on your case. I am dyslexic and rely on a spell checker and there ain't one.

I got pretty angry when I heard he was after Henman as a coach. A terrible choice of coach, all the traits that he doesn't want. Let's hope Tim is busy. What was he thinking?
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 04:55 PM »

Elly, didn't notice your apology, didn't mean to get on your case. I am dyslexic and rely on a spell checker and there ain't one.

I got pretty angry when I heard he was after Henman as a coach. A terrible choice of coach, all the traits that he doesn't want. Let's hope Tim is busy. What was he thinking?
I'm sorry.  I can be such a mean cow, without thinking....  hug  x
IP Logged
allanb

Re: Get McEnroe « Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 04:57 PM »

Elly wrote:- Why did Andy part ways with Brad Gilbert?

Never, ever go back..move on and up.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »