Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Head-To-Head stats of the top 4 in 2008 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Head-To-Head stats of the top 4 in 2008

(Read 374 times)
gjr
Challenger Level

There's someone in my head but it's not me

Head-To-Head stats of the top 4 in 2008 « on: October 20, 2008, 10:08 AM »

I posted this on MTF but I thought I would throw it here as well.

---

There will be a few more matches between the top 4 before the end of the year but I thought I would post the stats so far. If this thread catches on I will update it because I think for the first time in a while there are 4 players who can challenge each other and make 2009 a really great year for mens tennis. Sadly with the new ranking system 2009 maybe a year to forget ranking wise but the H2H will still be interesting IMO.

The stats this year maybe slightly misleading because Murray only made the top 4 a few months ago but I still think it's valid. There's a section without Murray for those who don't think he is a member of the elite yet.

---

Head-to-head

Nadal 4(2) - 0(0) Federer
3xc
1xg

Nadal 4(1) - 2(0) Djokovic
2xc 2xh
1xg
1xh

Nadal 3(1) - 1(1) Murray
1xc 1xh
1xg
1xh

Federer 2(1) - 1(1) Djokovic
1xc 1xh
1xh

Federer 1(1) - 2(0) Murray
1xh 2xh

Djokovic 1(0) - 2(0) Murray
1xc 2xh

Total
Nadal 11-3
Federer 3-7
Djokovic 4-8
Murray 5-5

GS
Nadal 4-1
Federer 2-3
Djokovic 1-2
Murray 1-2

Surface
Nadal - clay - 6-0
Nadal - grass - 3-0
Nadal - hard - 2-3

Federer - clay - 1-3
Federer - grass - 0-1
Federer - hard - 2-2

Djokovic - clay - 1-2
Djokovic - grass - 0-1
Djokovic - hard - 3-5

Murray - clay - 0-2
Murray - grass - 0-1
Murray - hard - 5-2

Without Murray

Total
Nadal - 8-2
Federer - 2-5
Djokovic - 3-6

GS
Nadal - 3-0
Federer - 1-3
Djokovic - 1-2

All matches where in madatories except for
Nadal - Djokovic - Queens, Olympics
Murray - Federer - Dubai

---

Please let me know if I have made any errors.

---

Enjoy!
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Head-To-Head stats of the top 4 in 2008 « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 12:25 PM »

How can you not include Murray when he has the second best record against the others? Proposterous suggestion!
IP Logged
gjr
Challenger Level

Re: Head-To-Head stats of the top 4 in 2008 « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 01:19 PM »

How can you not include Murray when he has the second best record against the others? Proposterous suggestion!

I thought i did include Murray? i put the section in without murray because I posted this on MTF and a lot of them still think it's a 3 way comp. we know different and when Andy becomes number 3 in March next year maybe they will think it is a 4 way split.
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Head-To-Head stats of the top 4 in 2008 « Reply #3 on: October 20, 2008, 01:30 PM »

You did. I wasn't criticising you. I understand why you did it when you posted it on MTF. I'm just making the point that it's ridiculous for them to not include him in the stats when he has the second best record of the 4 when they play each other. I was questioning them and how they can still be calling it a 3 way race when Andy so obviously deserves to be included considering his record.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Head-To-Head stats of the top 4 in 2008 « Reply #4 on: October 20, 2008, 02:04 PM »

They may feel he doesn't belong there because he hasn't won a Slam.
IP Logged
gjr
Challenger Level

Re: Head-To-Head stats of the top 4 in 2008 « Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 02:14 PM »

To be honest they (MTF) are for the most part a bunch of dicks. But I think the stats are quite interesting. Take away Nadal's results and you find out who is the 2nd best player in the world.

Lets not tell anyone just yet or they'll all want a piece Smile
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Head-To-Head stats of the top 4 in 2008 « Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 02:17 PM »

Ooh, that's a great way to look at it!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »