Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  Hewitt loses to Chela 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Hewitt loses to Chela

(Read 1761 times)
deedee
John McEnroe

Hewitt loses to Chela « Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 04:38 PM »

I hope Sporza will cover it, not sure...
And Kim has to hang in there, she can't give up  Crying or Very sad
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Hewitt loses to Chela « Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 04:47 PM »

how come belgium is so much smaller than the uk and doesnt have anywhere near the same tennis history, yet seems to produce so many more top class players?
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Hewitt loses to Chela « Reply #17 on: January 20, 2006, 05:00 PM »

Quote from: "iaintheviolaplayer"
how come belgium is so much smaller than the uk and doesnt have anywhere near the same tennis history, yet seems to produce so many more top class players?

Because Belgians rule the world Wink
I have no idea... In Belgium, almost every small town or village has its own tennisclub. Tennis is a very well respected sport here, a lot of people play it. In my town, there are about 500 people who play, but it's a very very small town. You can't even call it a town. I think we are very tennissee people, we all play it and all know it very well. Are there in Great Britain also do many clubs and stuff?
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Hewitt loses to Chela « Reply #18 on: January 20, 2006, 05:14 PM »

there are a fair amount of clubs although the majority of them are private.im not entirely sure how many ppl use them tho.in glasgow recently it was very good because they made all the outdoor courts (the public ones) available for use free of charge, however there are only about 10 or so in the whole city as far as i know so from that point of view its not great.sorry ive just rambled rather than answer any question
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Hewitt loses to Chela « Reply #19 on: January 20, 2006, 06:59 PM »

Hehe, it's answers the question partly.
But now we still don't know why Belgium has more players  dontknow
IP Logged
Tennis-Player
ATP Level

Hewitt loses to Chela « Reply #20 on: January 20, 2006, 11:06 PM »

Interesting that Chela won this one. I was hoping he would as it makes Andy's result not seem so bad.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »