Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  General Community  >  Tennis Talk  >  How to watch the US Open from England. 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

How to watch the US Open from England.

(Read 1975 times)
notnek
Futures Level

How to watch the US Open from England. « on: August 31, 2009, 04:21 PM »

I think I know the answer to this but I thought I'd try anyway:

Are there any official sites where I can stream the US Open from England. I use tennistv.com to watch the masters events so I don't mind paying.

I don't have sky so the internet is my only hope.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #1 on: August 31, 2009, 04:25 PM »

I think I know the answer to this but I thought I'd try anyway:

Are there any official sites where I can stream the US Open from England. I use tennistv.com to watch the masters events so I don't mind paying.

I don't have sky so the internet is my only hope.

I've been recommended www.myp2p.eu - go to the 'live sports' tab at the top of the homepage and follow the instructions, I'm not totally au fait with it yet but it looks as though there are a few streams there - best of all, it's free!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #2 on: August 31, 2009, 04:33 PM »

http://www.channelsurfing.net/

http://www.atdhe.net/
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #3 on: August 31, 2009, 04:34 PM »

Good call, Allan, there's an awesome stream on channelsurfing.net there - it's a Sky Sports one too.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 04:35 PM »

I know about sites like myp2p and channelsurfing. I wanted to know if there was a more high quality/legal way to watch it.

Thanks anyway
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 04:41 PM »

Sky Player - http://www.skysports.com/video/tv/0,25316,2,00.html

Eurosport Player - http://player.eurosport.co.uk/home

You have to play for Eurosport and I think the Sky one as well.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 04:52 PM »

Wow I didn't realise this was possible without having sky.

The sky player is a bit expensive but the eurosport one looks good. Does anyone know how much of the US Open that I could watch if I had access to British eurosport 1 and 2 with the online player (I would like to see all of Murray's games if possible)?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 04:54 PM »

Wow I didn't realise this was possible without having sky.

The sky player is a bit expensive but the europsort one looks good. Does anyone know how much of the US Open that I could watch if I had access to British eurosport 1 and 2 with the online player?

I'm a Sky man myself, but I think you'd see the matches that matter. All of Murray's for starters.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 04:56 PM »

It's £3.99 per months or £34.99 per year.

How much matches you will get I don't know.

- 3 TV channels LIVE : British Eurosport, British Eurosport 2 and Eurosport News

Register for the Eurosport Player today!

You get:

British Eurosport
British Eurosport 2
You also get a lot of extra material of the most exiting sports events

Watch games Live and exclusive on the Player!

You can choose between a monthly and an annual subscription.

Key Events:
Tennis - Australian Open, French Open and US Open Grand Slam tournaments, select ATP and WTA Tour events;
Cycling – All the major Tours including the Tour de France, one-day classics and stage races plus the Road and Track Cycling Championships;
Wintersports – Coverage from the main Winter Olympic sports including Alpine Skiing, Biathlon and Figure Skating.

Live on the Eurosport Player:

ATP Doha, San Jose, Delray Beach, Estoril, Queen's, Eastbourne, Newport, Indianapolis, Los Angeles, New Haven, Vienna, St Petersburg

WTA Paris, Dubai, Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston, Stuttgart, Rome, Madrid, Birmingham, Eastbourne, Stanford, Los Angeles, Cincinnati, Toronto, New Haven, Tokyo, Beijin, Moscow, CHAMPIONSHIPS - Doha
IP Logged
MeganAC28
Challenger Level

#allinformurray

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #9 on: August 31, 2009, 06:14 PM »

I just got the sky player. Its really good and if you register today you get it all of Sky Sports for just £17 if you type in a special code!
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 07:12 PM »

I just bought the eurosport player and then found out that Murray's matches won't be shown.

Megan, how do I find the special code for the sky player?
IP Logged
MeganAC28
Challenger Level

#allinformurray

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 09:04 PM »

I just bought the eurosport player and then found out that Murray's matches won't be shown.

Megan, how do I find the special code for the sky player?

The code should be LiveAshes09 - when you sign up and purchase the subscription there is a voucher code box put it in there and it should give you the discount. Smile
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 04:08 PM »

I didn't get Sky Player in the end - I'll have to resort to free streams to follow Murray's matches.

Does anyone know the schedule of http://www.tennis-channel.tv/tennis/ ?

They were showing Arthur Ashe yesterday but I'm not sure if they are today.
IP Logged
notnek
Futures Level

Re: How to watch the US Open from England. « Reply #13 on: September 05, 2009, 12:31 AM »

I just found a way to watch the usopen.org stream from England Smile Smile

If you download and run 'hotspot shield', it will hide where you're from and allow you access to the site.
It's TV quality and you have access to five courts so connecting a laptop with the stream to a TV is probably better than sky (except maybe for the annoying American commentators).
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »